UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Bedward Neosho River MnyMaker's Pup around 9 months old
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jesse Bedward
UKC Forum Member

Bedward Neosho River MnyMaker's Pup around 9 months old

had 4 tracks, 3 tracks with Maker and Speck & Speck took one by himself for bout 500 yards then lost it. Speck did a great job and he is shaping up to be just like his father. i can tell at the trees he is smelling the air around the tree to make sure the coon is up the in the tree. i love to see his genetics passing on. Speck has been hunted 3 times, has ran 8 tracks total, treed on the past 4 tracks. treed on all 3 tracks last night. i have never shown Speck a caged coon, a drag or anything along those lines. both images are actually videos, click them to watch the video

after watching the videos, i can see how speck just flat out locates and how maker doesnt just buy into the hype of a tree and actually double checks his work. i like how maker does that, i dont like walking to empty trees. i see speck is also doing that some himself.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-17-2014 02:15 PM
Jesse Bedward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jesse Bedward Click here to Send Jesse Bedward a Private Message Click Here to Email Jesse Bedward Visit Jesse Bedward's homepage! Find more posts by Jesse Bedward Add Jesse Bedward to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RED REBELS
UKC Forum Member

Oh Jesse, brother, how silly you are... that pup aint gonna turn into nothin but a me too dog, you better just send him on up here for some alone time

Old Post 09-18-2014 04:13 AM
RED REBELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RED REBELS Click here to Send RED REBELS a Private Message Find more posts by RED REBELS Add RED REBELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jesse Bedward
UKC Forum Member

Liz, ha i dont think he is ready for that yet even though he is progressing well. this pup is as natural as they come, and i have heard that from a number of ppl on there pups also. maybe next spring we will see how he is doing. im in no hurry to rush this pup, keep it fun and keep them doing good things, just the right amount of selective hunting and he is going to make a fine hound.

Old Post 09-18-2014 12:24 PM
Jesse Bedward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jesse Bedward Click here to Send Jesse Bedward a Private Message Click Here to Email Jesse Bedward Visit Jesse Bedward's homepage! Find more posts by Jesse Bedward Add Jesse Bedward to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roger Kloepping
UKC Forum Member

Jude Treed

This is Specks littermate sister alone at 8 months old this litter is doing good so far

Last edited by Roger Kloepping on 10-04-2014 at 03:22 PM

Old Post 10-04-2014 03:15 PM
Roger Kloepping is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roger Kloepping Click here to Send Roger Kloepping a Private Message Click Here to Email Roger Kloepping Find more posts by Roger Kloepping Add Roger Kloepping to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jesse Bedward
UKC Forum Member

Smile

looking good roger!! cant wait to see more vids of others pups in this litter. next up chris and wes, get your pups videos up here, come on guys

Old Post 10-05-2014 11:54 AM
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Little Jude

Boy she sure has grown up Roger. Mine has gone backwards a little bit. I'm looking forward to hunting her this season and getting her dialed in. It shouldn't be too hard. You guys' dogs look great.

Old Post 10-12-2014 02:23 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jesse Bedward
UKC Forum Member

i got an update on another pup this cross. i havent seen the dog hunt yet but from what i hear the dog tracks and trees every drop with his older dogs. i tried to buy him but the owner isnt going to sell. i had a relocation home in southern il if the dog wasnt being hunted. only one dog still dont know how it is doing, but when i talked to him a while ago he said he tracked and trees solo then.

Old Post 10-12-2014 02:58 PM
Roger Kloepping
UKC Forum Member

jude treed last nite

Old Post 10-17-2014 06:01 PM
Roger Kloepping is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roger Kloepping Click here to Send Roger Kloepping a Private Message Click Here to Email Roger Kloepping Find more posts by Roger Kloepping Add Roger Kloepping to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roger Kloepping
UKC Forum Member

jude treed last nite

Jude is doing a fine job for 10 mos old and no more hunting that shes had, she is lucky if shes seen the woods a dozen times, this litter is doing great

Old Post 10-17-2014 07:07 PM
Jesse Bedward
UKC Forum Member

looking good!! speck took a track last night and caught his first coon on the ground in a corn field. it wasnt a 30lb or anything but it was a nice catch for a pup. i thought maybe he would be afraid but that pup dove right in and got his a$$ handed to him for a bit. no fear in him what so ever, he knew exactly what he wanted. amazing drive and kill instinct. set magnum out to help finish him off. impressed!!

Old Post 10-17-2014 07:38 PM
Wes Vondo
UKC Forum Member

Vondos Neosho River Shady

Shady is doing really good. ive brought him out about 8 times now, for about two hours each time. He has ran a couple of tracks every time. He made two trees one night, one with the meat and the other was an obvious den. He treed one other time with the meat, layup no track. Here's a couple videos of his first tree at 8 months old. He drove a track 200 yards through corn field, and another 100 yards through the woods and swamp in about 15 minutes

http://s843.photobucket.com/user/we...?sort=3&o=0

http://s843.photobucket.com/user/we...?sort=3&o=1

Old Post 10-20-2014 02:57 AM
Wes Vondo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Vondo Click here to Send Wes Vondo a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Vondo Find more posts by Wes Vondo Add Wes Vondo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Vondo
UKC Forum Member

shady

Shady treed another layup on his own the other night!! He got in on three other tracks and treed a little with some other hounds! He really likes to be on his own its looking really promising for his future!

Old Post 10-24-2014 03:32 PM
Wes Vondo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Vondo Click here to Send Wes Vondo a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Vondo Find more posts by Wes Vondo Add Wes Vondo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Ditch Fill Jill

Hey Jesse,

I took Jill to the woods with me cutting firewood the other day. She got treed. It was a squirrel nest. Every time I take her she goes hunting and looks to get wooded. She has the instincts to look up and make some racket. Going to start pushing her pretty hard. With the litter of pups I have, she is going to get all of the hunting till her kennel mate/trainer dries up.

She will make a good one for sure. Great mouth and a nice chop on tree.

Old Post 10-26-2014 02:05 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roger Kloepping
UKC Forum Member

Jude

Jude is being hunted in Michigan for a month she will be hunted a lot harder than i could ever hunt her. I expect her to really blossom she shows great promise she is ready for 30 days of hard hunting. Cant wait for the first report on her. From what i have seen from her she goes deaf when she gets treed she moves a track nice, she has improved every nite i have had her out. Sure sounds like her brothers & sisters are doing good also. Thank you guys for spending the time with them it takes, hope they all make top hounds.

Old Post 10-26-2014 03:10 PM
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Re: Little Jude

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Snyder
Boy she sure has grown up Roger. Mine has gone backwards a little bit. I'm looking forward to hunting her this season and getting her dialed in. It shouldn't be too hard. You guys' dogs look great.

Well, here is what a little work and some patience can do with a dog. I must be 100% honest, I've given her more of a chance than I would have most dogs, but this morning I went out for a early morning hunt. It's something I do pretty rarely, but it usually works. I cut loose about ten till 7. They were struck and treed in short order.

I didn't get out as early as I would have liked to, but they did run an old track to a den. I was pretty glad to see her get with it. Hopefully it will be repetition from here forward.

Old Post 01-04-2015 12:02 AM
Roger Kloepping
UKC Forum Member

re jill

Chris glad to see Jill coming back around, maybe a little lite at the end of the tunnel

Old Post 01-04-2015 03:56 PM
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Roger

Yeah, I just needed something after that great start she had to keep me interested in her. This will do. Just in time for the weather to go to crap.

Hopefully, by the end of spring, she is a nice young prospect. Great mouth in the woods, kennel quiet.

Old Post 01-04-2015 09:58 PM
Jesse Bedward
UKC Forum Member

glad to see her heading the right direction again. walkers pups can start so early and give big hopes and dreams then take a step back for a month or two. i never put big expectations on a pup, just let them grow and you will get rewarded. bout that 1 1/2 year old age is when these pups will start firing hard. i figure this upcoming fall will be a big year for these pups.....

Old Post 01-07-2015 03:11 AM
Wes Vondo
UKC Forum Member

Awesome

Sounds like the whole litter is figuring it out, that's awesome. Shady has made about 8 trees on his own with the meat, and a few dens. I think theres only been one tree where I know it was a slick. He absolutely refuses to hunt with other dogs. He wont go to them when theyre tracking or treeing, just keeps going till he finds his own.
He hasn't really figured out how to act at the tree yet, but I hope with experience and knocking a few out to him he'll get it this spring. He pushes tracks hard every time I bring him out and you can tell he's moving it. Then he either gets stuck or he gets to the tree and moves on. I think he's moving on

Old Post 01-07-2015 05:00 PM
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Shady

Man he is looking good.

I took his littermate last night after a long layup. She is starting to open on tracks with a nice bawl, but doesn't really like to pack up.

She looks like she might be a bit independent and that is ok with me. I think she is the kind that will tree before she really learns to be a track burner but the skills are there and she is now getting better each time out.

40's here this weekend after a week in the deep freeze.

Old Post 01-18-2015 01:49 PM
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Update

Well, it is now official. I have seen the light. Tonight, Jill became the teacher and the pup trainer became the student. She took the track away from a pretty decent hound and threw a nice locate and had the coon on the outside.

She is now 14 months old and is a strong, good looking and loud female with a pretty bawl mouth on track and a nice chop on tree. Still have a little work to do yet but at this point this looks like a shoe-in to make a good one.

The pup trainer may be heading north for a while and I can single Jill out for the season.

How are the rest of the littermates doing?

Old Post 03-09-2015 04:47 AM
Jesse Bedward
UKC Forum Member

Smile

hey chris is was grinning ear to ear last night when i heard how jill did last night. makes me proud that maker and frost made a nice cross. the weather should be close to 50 most of the week here and the snow is dropping fast. think i will adventure out later this week and see if we can get a coon treed also. i hope winter has left for good!! keep me updated on Jill as much as you can

Old Post 03-09-2015 11:48 AM
Wes Vondo
UKC Forum Member

shady

Haven't had shady out since early November. Its been way to **** cold up here. I'm gonna take him tomorrow night and or Friday night. I'm a little nervous, he didn't really get alot of hunting last year and I hope he didn't forget everything. He was just starting to get it figured out. He treed half a dozen or more on his own

Old Post 03-11-2015 03:44 PM