UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pleasure hobby or severe addiction?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jerrydillon17
UKC Forum Member

I would have say an addiction for me lol , I've spent a lot money on dogs walked many pair boots out to dogs should have never bought lol , but I never give up on it finally got smarter quit fooling with junk an bought myself great lil female , an the joy I get walking to tree an seeing them eyes majority of the time is priceless im 32 now I hope to have 30 more good years of hunting

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-30-2020 08:20 PM
jerrydillon17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jerrydillon17 Click here to Send jerrydillon17 a Private Message Click Here to Email jerrydillon17 Find more posts by jerrydillon17 Add jerrydillon17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jerrydillon17
UKC Forum Member

I would have say an addiction for me lol , I've spent a lot money on dogs walked many pair boots out to dogs should have never bought lol , but I never give up on it finally got smarter quit fooling with junk an bought myself great lil female , an the joy I get walking to tree an seeing them eyes majority of the time is priceless im 32 now I hope to have 30 more good years of hunting

Old Post 03-30-2020 08:20 PM
jerrydillon17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jerrydillon17 Click here to Send jerrydillon17 a Private Message Click Here to Email jerrydillon17 Find more posts by jerrydillon17 Add jerrydillon17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

severe

Addiction!I have prided myself on taking a pup and turning it into a nice finished hound.Love working with a young hound.That being said,after last nite with my current project has to be addictive or I would never go again.LOL

Old Post 03-31-2020 04:29 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

ADDICTION...a desire or habit out of control.. sounds like a coonhunter to me!!

Old Post 04-01-2020 01:01 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Coon hunting

It was ALWAYS a hobby for me, an addiction yes at times, but just a hobby. Now my hunting partner is a different story, he is an addict, he lives breathes and exists to coon hunt, he turned 82 in Jan. AND still outhunts everyone I know that coonhunts. He hunts 6 nights a week from start of hunting season to end of hunting season rain or shine, cold or hot, every night except Sunday night. He is the best dog trainer I have ever seen and packs a COON DOG. Dave

Old Post 04-02-2020 04:52 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

Dave Richards, who is this super coon hunter friend of yours? Maybe he could tell us the secret of his durability.

Old Post 04-02-2020 05:18 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

croatankid

His name is Ron Manis, tough as a pineknot , I have hunted with him for many years and he is the definition of a coon hunter. Dave

Old Post 04-02-2020 08:21 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

croatankin

His name is Ron Manis, he is tough as a pine knot, he is the definition of a coon hunter. I have hunted with a lot of folks in over 50 years of coon hunting, but he stands alone as the toughest coon hunter I have ever seen. Dave

Old Post 04-02-2020 08:24 PM
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

I am an addicted pleasure hunter that pleasure hunts enough to know if l have one good enough by MY standards to put in competition hunts.

Old Post 04-02-2020 10:28 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Croatankid

He and I have talked many times about how he pushes himself to hunt even when he is sick. He has told me many times that the WILL TO do something overcomes everything that stands in the way. Much like the NAVY SEALS that push themselves beyond what most folks think impossible. You just have to have a mindset that will not let you quit, that pushes you further and further. Remember too that he hunts in these mountains that are very steep, in flat ground he will punish young guys that try to keep up with him. Dave

Old Post 04-05-2020 02:28 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Croatankid

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
He and I have talked many times about how he pushes himself to hunt even when he is sick. He has told me many times that the WILL TO do something overcomes everything that stands in the way. Much like the NAVY SEALS that push themselves beyond what most folks think impossible. You just have to have a mindset that will not let you quit, that pushes you further and further. Remember too that he hunts in these mountains that are very steep, in flat ground he will punish young guys that try to keep up with him. Dave
I ain't no young guy, but I don't need him to punish me. I'm almost 77 and I do a good job of punishing myself.

Last edited by shadinc on 04-05-2020 at 03:25 AM

Old Post 04-05-2020 02:34 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Donald Bergeron

Lol. Remember he is 82 years old, seriously, he is tough and is addicted to coon hunting, but he has slowed down, used to hunt all night, now 3 to 4 hours a night 6 nights a week. I think he only slowed down because of me, I made him stop after we had treed 2 coons a night. Lol. Dave

Old Post 04-05-2020 02:48 AM
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Hook your wagons to James Turpin 83, John Monroe 82, Bill Riddle 83. These young men hunt at least 6 nights a week. Mr. Turpin hunts in the hills of south east Ky, and exercises every morning. John J hunts in north Mo. or where he goes to look at a dog, you will find him working on his ranch all day. Bill hunts the swamps and big timbers in south east Tx. and works 3 days a week delivering car parts.

Old Post 04-06-2020 02:41 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Roy Grant

Your post is a fine example of men who have the WILL TO do that keeps them going, just like my hunting buddy Ron. Mental toughness is just as important as physical toughness, NO it's way more important. Mental toughness will get you through things you think are impossible, jus ask any NAVY SEAL. Dave

Old Post 04-06-2020 06:49 PM
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

Based on those guys I should have 10 more years of hunting. That's encouraging.

Old Post 04-06-2020 06:59 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Croatankid

I wish you many more healthy years and happy safe hunting. We never really know how long we got left, so enjoy each and every chance you get. Dave

Old Post 04-06-2020 11:17 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Croatankid

I went fishing tonight with my coon hunting buddy Ron Manis, I just had to tell him about this thread and the post where you asked me who this Super coon hunter was. He is a modest person and would never brag about his coon hunting exploits, but trust me he is one of a kind coon hunter and a dang good fisherman. Everyone in these parts know he is the COON HUNTER. Good hunting to you and be safe. Dave

Old Post 04-07-2020 08:02 AM
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

thanks for all the information

Old Post 04-07-2020 05:48 PM