UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Grade dogs and all-star points for 2015?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KY.BOY
UKC Forum Member

Nice words Touch Stone, very true, It does limit the gene pool mainly to dogs that are currently litter registered in the registry. I know I've seen and owned some really nice dogs that weren't litter registered. Including several stud dogs that were owned by gun hunters that have no interest in field trials. this new rule restricts me from breeding to what I want to.

GRHBCH Loko Go Hobo's Promise (2015 WQE)
Paige's Loko Go Handsome Jack

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-02-2014 09:17 PM
KY.BOY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KY.BOY Click here to Send KY.BOY a Private Message Click Here to Email KY.BOY Find more posts by KY.BOY Add KY.BOY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

http://www.ukcdogs.com/Web.nsf/News...3122014111611AM

I think some are missing the fact that litters out of non-UKC registered sires may in fact be litter registered? That said, a litter sired by an AKC dog could in fact be litter registered.

I, unofficially, made that announcement last year at the World Hunt and advised that it was coming. It was officially announced in March of this year.

Old Post 09-02-2014 09:45 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TOUCHSTONEBEAGL
UKC Forum Member

The registries that are acknowledged for Proof of Registration for the Sire are: · American Kennel Club
· Field Dog Stud Book
· North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association (NAVHDA)
· FCI
· Canadian Kennel Club
· The Kennel Club

The only beagles included are those from the American Kennel Club, The Kennel Club(England), and The Canadian Kennel club.

Still eliminates pups sired by many great stud dogs and all pups from females not registered with UKC. Many newcomers will likely not have a UKC litter registered dog!

This only provides for a few more pups to be eligible by allowing for some added litter registrations. Many great dogs and many new folks will still be placed outside of this limited program within an open registry. This has no value when the goal is to develop "the best dogs in the world..."

It would be beneficial to see a program that is well thought out with respect to rewarding and showcasing the BEST UKC registered rabbit dogs, bringing in the best genetics, and retaining and bringing in new breeders to help with the endeavor of breeding excellent beagles. The new program fails in all 3 areas. No long term upside for UKC.

When a litter registered dog leading the program is consistently being beaten by a single registered dog won't the program integrity be destroyed? Who will actually chase a program that rewards the best of only a select portion of the registry? Out of curiosity what percentage of the registry is being eliminated from the new program? How many ukc beagles are currently single registered and how many are litter registered?

If the only upside is the assumed financial gain through the registrations department then why not revamp and charge more for single registrations. Example: by age... up to 6 months $20, 6mo to 1 yr $25, 1yr to 2yr $30, over 2 yrs old $35.

Old Post 09-03-2014 12:47 AM
TOUCHSTONEBEAGL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Click here to Send TOUCHSTONEBEAGL a Private Message Click Here to Email TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Find more posts by TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Add TOUCHSTONEBEAGL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueoval1984
UKC Forum Member

I see both sides of this, but unfortunately my situation is a bad one , I purchased a dog from branko's kennel in regards to get him run up good and run points . I purchased him two months prior to the announcement. I personally am not thrilled at this idea. In all reality I'm out A LOT of money. But on the flip side if he turns out, I've got a sire that is capable of litter registering. At the same time if I bought a female, it sounds I would be SOL. I just don't find it fair that this format has had so many dogs come in and do well in this registry that were not litter registered and now they have turned the other cheak

Old Post 09-03-2014 01:47 AM
blueoval1984 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueoval1984 Click here to Send blueoval1984 a Private Message Click Here to Email blueoval1984 Find more posts by blueoval1984 Add blueoval1984 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd Eddington
Banned

Well said.

*CH.HBCH.Bunhny Bumpin' Gravedigger Ace (RIP )
*CH.GRHBCH.Bunny Bumpin' Gravedigger Abbey (RIP)"The Best Jumpdog Ever"
*HBCH.Bunny Bumpin' Redline JR (RIP)
*GRCH.HBCH.PR' Bunny Bumpin' Tootsie Lou
Bunny Bumpin' Follow my Lead.
*CH.HBCH.Dalton's Sundown Itchin' Skeeter
*Bunny Bumpin' Itchin' Jackpot{in training}
*Bunny Bumpin' Leader of the Pack(in training)

Old Post 09-03-2014 04:05 PM
Todd Eddington is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Eddington Click here to Send Todd Eddington a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd Eddington Visit Todd Eddington's homepage! Find more posts by Todd Eddington Add Todd Eddington to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DHARVEY
UKC Forum Member

I also understand ukc's side and also the hunters side. My last litter couldn't be litter registered due to one owner of the sire being barred. The pups we bred prior to being barred but born after being barred so not much I can do nor is it the pups fault. Like anything I feel the owner should be able to pay a extra fee like anything else in life and be eligible for all star events. Ukc is getting the extra money an the owner can run the all star challenge. Seems fair what do u think?

HBCH Hardtime Heat Em Up Psycho
HBCH Harvey's Tap Out
GRHBCH Treaty Line Grave Digger
Harvey's Beware "Rowdy"
304-203-3581

Old Post 09-03-2014 09:12 PM
DHARVEY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DHARVEY Click here to Send DHARVEY a Private Message Click Here to Email DHARVEY Visit DHARVEY's homepage! Find more posts by DHARVEY Add DHARVEY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KY.BOY
UKC Forum Member

Yeah, that's an idea. I'd pay a little extra to make my dog eligible for all-star points; isn't that what this rule is about anyway? It would kill two birds with one stone!

Old Post 09-04-2014 01:34 AM
KY.BOY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KY.BOY Click here to Send KY.BOY a Private Message Click Here to Email KY.BOY Find more posts by KY.BOY Add KY.BOY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KY.BOY
UKC Forum Member

I've herd that there's at least 20 dogs In the all-star race that will be booted out next year because of being single registered. I think that was just the dog that they new of. And that's $40 a weekend. and if it cost $15 more to make them eligible to run all-star that would be at least $300 UKC would make, and I'd bet that all these dogs would be involved in a litter registration in the near future if UKC would agree to it.

Old Post 09-04-2014 01:46 AM