UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Gatlinburg Tn
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
LNeal
UKC Forum Member

Gatlinburg Tn

Any good coonhunting around Gatlinburg Tn. I will be there October for a week and would like to hunt while I am there. Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-17-2020 11:15 PM
LNeal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LNeal Click here to Send LNeal a Private Message Find more posts by LNeal Add LNeal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

I was there for a vacation last spring. We did some hikes in the smoky mountain national park. Looking around I thought if I had to coon Hunt this every night I don’t know if I could or would. Those guys that do are tough.

Old Post 02-18-2020 12:30 AM
AAThoundhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AAThoundhunter Click here to Send AAThoundhunter a Private Message Find more posts by AAThoundhunter Add AAThoundhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

AAThoundhunter

If you are not tough to begin with, you WILL get tough hunting these mountains. I think they get steeper every year. Lol. Dave

Old Post 02-18-2020 01:18 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daniel urffer
UKC Forum Member

Enjoy Gatlinburg, don't hunt. Our hunting is pitiful.

Old Post 02-18-2020 02:44 AM
daniel urffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daniel urffer Click here to Send daniel urffer a Private Message Click Here to Email daniel urffer Find more posts by daniel urffer Add daniel urffer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stevwallace
UKC Forum Member

Don't plan that far ahead but might be able hunt night or two around then but it will be mountains and thick cover. Give me a call then. Am about 30 mins. north of there. Bout 15 mins from Rogersville. 423-923-1420

Old Post 02-18-2020 03:02 AM
stevwallace is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stevwallace Click here to Send stevwallace a Private Message Click Here to Email stevwallace Find more posts by stevwallace Add stevwallace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stevwallace
UKC Forum Member

Daniel is right it will bad hunting compared to out there

Old Post 02-18-2020 03:05 AM
stevwallace is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stevwallace Click here to Send stevwallace a Private Message Click Here to Email stevwallace Find more posts by stevwallace Add stevwallace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

Dave

No doubt hunting those mountains and crawling up and down through that laurel will make a man tough.

Old Post 02-18-2020 02:30 PM
AAThoundhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AAThoundhunter Click here to Send AAThoundhunter a Private Message Find more posts by AAThoundhunter Add AAThoundhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Olrebel
Banned

Them boys lying to you, some of the best hunting in the smoky mtns is right there . get some shine and take off ,you will love it.

Old Post 02-18-2020 08:08 PM
Olrebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Olrebel Click here to Send Olrebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Olrebel Find more posts by Olrebel Add Olrebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

We go out there every fall

And I always think it would be fun to hunt, then we go on a two mile hike and I start thinking it would not be fun chasing a dog up a mountain. Not saying I couldn’t...but I’d rather the hills be a little smaller... but I’d be up for trying it at least once.

Old Post 02-18-2020 08:17 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daniel urffer
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Olrebel
Them boys lying to you, some of the best hunting in the smoky mtns is right there . get some shine and take off ,you will love it.

He's had too much shine!

Old Post 02-19-2020 04:04 AM
daniel urffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daniel urffer Click here to Send daniel urffer a Private Message Click Here to Email daniel urffer Find more posts by daniel urffer Add daniel urffer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Oirebel where area are you in. I know a few guys east of Knoxville. I also know one spot NE of Knoxville around Olive Springs. Land borders Wind Rock ATV park. All these spots are too steep for my old legs and big belly.

Old Post 02-19-2020 12:11 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Olrebel
Banned

Oldham Tn

Old Post 02-19-2020 01:28 PM
Olrebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Olrebel Click here to Send Olrebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Olrebel Find more posts by Olrebel Add Olrebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fullhouse
Banned

Gatlinburg area in October is about heaven to me. Too much stuff to do and sights to see to worry about chasing dogs. Enjoy your time there doing other stuff you wont regret it.

Old Post 02-19-2020 10:46 PM
fullhouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fullhouse Click here to Send fullhouse a Private Message Find more posts by fullhouse Add fullhouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trueblood85
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by fullhouse
Gatlinburg area in October is about heaven to me. Too much stuff to do and sights to see to worry about chasing dogs. Enjoy your time there doing other stuff you wont regret it.

X2. Great place for family vacation and plenty to do.

Old Post 02-20-2020 04:19 AM
Trueblood85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trueblood85 Click here to Send Trueblood85 a Private Message Find more posts by Trueblood85 Add Trueblood85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote