UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Excuses, Excuses
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lynn Tubbs
UKC Forum Member

Excuses, Excuses

Wonder what excuse Big Oil will use this time to justify the price increases we are seeing in gas prices?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-27-2018 07:58 PM
Lynn Tubbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lynn Tubbs Click here to Send Lynn Tubbs a Private Message Click Here to Email Lynn Tubbs Find more posts by Lynn Tubbs Add Lynn Tubbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

TRUMP

Old Post 01-27-2018 10:27 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

Got any oil you would like to sell? Do you own any stock in an oil company? Guess you will just have to pay up and shush up.

Old Post 01-28-2018 03:18 AM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

Talking

IF HILLARY HAD OF GOT IN IT WOULD'NT BE THAT WAY

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Last edited by oklared on 01-28-2018 at 02:22 PM

Old Post 01-28-2018 02:20 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

The economy is doing great and everyone has more money to spend so big oil figured that they could raise the price on gas. I guess that you can blame that on Trump. People are buying more gas and so the surplus went down. Therefore the price went up. This is a capitalist economy...the law of supply and demand.

Old Post 01-28-2018 03:17 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BEST EVER
.... when Obama was in it was all his fault...

When Obama was President, gas was $4.00/gal. And what do solar panels have to do with the price of gas?

Old Post 01-30-2018 03:52 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

On line?? Is that like the main stream media? I remember paying $4.00/gal. Crude oil is traded on the open market. Gas prices should fluctuate with crude oil prices. As the economy goes up, the price of oil goes up and the price of gas should go up. As the market goes down, the price of oil should go down and the price of gas should go down. Now if the government decides to step in with regulation that changes. The Obama/Dem administration decided that if they raised the price of gas through taxes and regulation then that would force us to use less gas and buy more electric cars and ones with higher gas mileage.
The Trump administration believes in a democratic society where the government doesn't control our free market society. So he has relaxed or gotten rid of a lot of the regulations. As a result we are not as dependant on foreign oil. The US is now producing as many barrels/day of crude oil as OPEC. Now has that stopped the research and development of electric cars/trucks?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 01-30-2018 at 04:48 PM

Old Post 01-30-2018 04:46 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

And don't get me started on insurance/medical care. Do we really want the government deciding how much insurance or medical care should cost? Why is insurance not part of our free enterprise system? Why do a lot of people think that the government should control what we pay? What happens whenever the government gets involved in anything?

Old Post 01-30-2018 04:55 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Price of Gallon of Gas Up 96% Under Obama

By Matt Cover | February 12, 2013 | 5:31 PM EST
(CNSNews.com) – The average price of a gallon of gas has increased 96 percent since President Barack Obama first took office in 2009, according to figures from the Energy Information Agency (EIA).

According to EIA data, the average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in the United States was $1.838 on Jan. 19, 2009--the day before Obama took office. As of Monday, Feb. 11, 2013, the per-gallon price had risen to an average of $3.611--an increase of 96 percent.

The $3.677 is not the highest gas prices have been under President Obama. That record was reached the week of May 9, 2011 when they averaged $3.965 per gallon

I looked it up.r
Actually the president has no control of gas prices. World wide consumption and OPEC does. LOOK IT UP.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 01-30-2018 06:06 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

This analysis was accurate for when this meme was published in Nov. 2015. With Obama’s term now over, the average is $2.98/gal for his entire presidency. Still more than Bush’s $2.12)
More Context
It’s true that gas prices did spike higher under Bush than under Obama, as it briefly reached $4.11 (not the $5+ as shown in the meme) in July of 2008, compared with a high of $3.97 for Obama in May 2011. However, this spike only lasted for a couple months before plunging back below $2/gal before the end of the year as the 2008 recession hit. Under Obama, there was a period of over 3 years where gas stayed above $3/gal, something not even approached under Bush, who never had more than 1 year of sustained $3/gal gas. It’s true that the current gas price is relatively low. Whether or not it continues no one knows, but even if it stays low the next year, Obama will have a higher average than Bush.

This report was by memepolice.com. Since both fact check and snopes are very unreliable I usually check more places to verify.
Sorry, Best Ever, your facts don't check out when actually researched.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 01-30-2018 06:55 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Like the comment he made about the Trump Tower being wiretapped by the FBI? Or the comment he made that the FBI made up the Russian Collusion story?

Old Post 01-30-2018 09:47 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, more fake news. I wonder who "confirmed" those statements to be false. How many of those "false statements" are turning out to be true? You Never Trumpers had better pull your heads out of the sand and rejoin the real world.

Old Post 01-30-2018 11:03 PM
Lynn Tubbs
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, more fake news. I wonder who "confirmed" those statements to be false. How many of those "false statements" are turning out to be true? You Never Trumpers had better pull your heads out of the sand and rejoin the real world.
I think we have been fed fake news when we are told Opec controls the price of oil. We now know that is a !ie because the U.Sis now producing and exporting oil. What controls the price of oil is greed. If the oil companies were making a profit at two dollars a gallon, think about what they making now. What do you think caused the economy to tank a few years ago?. I think it was tied to the rise ln gasoline prices.

Old Post 01-31-2018 01:25 AM
Lynn Tubbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lynn Tubbs Click here to Send Lynn Tubbs a Private Message Click Here to Email Lynn Tubbs Find more posts by Lynn Tubbs Add Lynn Tubbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Actually the real estate bubble bursting is what caused the recession of a few years back. And every company and person in the USA wants to make all of the money they can. But with capitalism, the law of supply and demand comes into play.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 01-31-2018 at 02:19 AM

Old Post 01-31-2018 02:14 AM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

A more predictable factor for future gas prices is the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or OPEC. The cartel — along with some nonmembers — have set a goal to rein in oil production by 1.8 million barrels a day as a way to increase prices. Those voluntary cuts have been extended through all of 2018.
That effort has been successful so far, with oil inventories 50 million barrels lower than a year ago, according to GasBuddy.
"Understanding many factors, including OPEC, fuel taxes, the economy and their impact on supply and demand is integral to providing a thorough and balanced outlook on gas prices for 2018," said Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy.

You can't fix STUPID!

Last edited by Bob Hennessey on 01-31-2018 at 10:27 PM

Old Post 01-31-2018 10:20 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Tubbs
I think we have been fed fake news when we are told Opec controls the price of oil. We now know that is a !ie because the U.Sis now producing and exporting oil. What controls the price of oil is greed. If the oil companies were making a profit at two dollars a gallon, think about what they making now. What do you think caused the economy to tank a few years ago?. I think it was tied to the rise ln gasoline prices.

If gas was all they gouged us on we I wouldn't have a problem. I went to the ER last year. I was in there for 45 min and they took my BP 3 times. Thats it, absolutely all they did. I got a bill for $1200.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 02-03-2018 07:36 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
If gas was all they gouged us on we I wouldn't have a problem. I went to the ER last year. I was in there for 45 min and they took my BP 3 times. Thats it, absolutely all they did. I got a bill for $1200.

OBAMA CARE 101

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 02-04-2018 03:23 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote