UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Team Slugger?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dneal
UKC Forum Member

Team Slugger?

Anybody that can tell me about the ol slugger dog? Lil history and who is hunting dogs out of him now?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-29-2014 05:35 PM
Dneal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dneal Click here to Send Dneal a Private Message Find more posts by Dneal Add Dneal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jason_beagles
UKC Forum Member

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...eadid=928381305

Old Post 10-30-2014 04:44 AM
jason_beagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jason_beagles Click here to Send jason_beagles a Private Message Click Here to Email jason_beagles Find more posts by jason_beagles Add jason_beagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jason_beagles
UKC Forum Member

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...ghlight=Slugger

Old Post 10-30-2014 04:47 AM
jason_beagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jason_beagles Click here to Send jason_beagles a Private Message Click Here to Email jason_beagles Find more posts by jason_beagles Add jason_beagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jason_beagles
UKC Forum Member

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...ghlight=Slugger

Old Post 10-30-2014 04:49 AM
Dneal
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Jason

Old Post 10-30-2014 02:37 PM
Dneal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dneal Click here to Send Dneal a Private Message Find more posts by Dneal Add Dneal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jason_beagles
UKC Forum Member

No problem

Old Post 11-02-2014 12:23 PM
JmillerFL
Banned

I have had a few and hunted with others. Fast track dogs that will
Get deep and like to have a coon. Little trashy as pups but are generally smart and easy to start and train. Just my 2 cents

Old Post 11-02-2014 09:23 PM
JmillerFL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JmillerFL Click here to Send JmillerFL a Private Message Click Here to Email JmillerFL Find more posts by JmillerFL Add JmillerFL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dneal
UKC Forum Member

Seen a few trucks around here that's got team slugger on their windows and was wanting to know a lil more bout slugger line.

Old Post 11-02-2014 09:49 PM
jason_beagles
UKC Forum Member

Who is hunting Slugger bred dogs? I have been able to finally get my hands on 2 females that are direct granddaughters that I can bred to Diesel.

Old Post 11-15-2014 11:24 AM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Slugger was raised and trained by Gary Lee Miller of bowling green,ky. Gary lee was cousin of John Paul Miller who hunted and trained the dog we all know of as Stylish LIPPER. Slugger was out of Seth and the Queenie female of Gary Lee. Queenie could run all night in a paper sack but would beat the breaks off you. SLUGGER had more hunt than 99.9% of all people have ever seen. He could tree running coon lay up coon sick coon or healthy coon in any type of terrain. You needed a Helicopter to keep up with him. He passed these same traits along to his pups. From what I have seen the line from Seth to Slugger to Rowdy to Junior to 3 is carrying on. I have never hunted a Seth or Slugger bred dog but I will give credit were credit is due and they are nice.

Old Post 11-21-2014 03:10 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote