UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > gr.nitech riverbend thunder
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
thunderfan
UKC Forum Member

gr.nitech riverbend thunder

how would ya'll say that flag is reproducing in the breedings that he did before he passed away.

what was the best cross with thuder and to what female?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-25-2008 08:32 PM
thunderfan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thunderfan Click here to Send thunderfan a Private Message Click Here to Email thunderfan Find more posts by thunderfan Add thunderfan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

Well the two best crosses I know of were with a dog called Babe owned by Jeff Butler and a dog caled Kit owned by Mike Kammer & Kent Spencer. But in all you could have bred anything to Thunder and probably got coondogs.

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
(River Bend Shot x Dark Corners Diamond)
Coon Waxer’s Ellie
(Maul-N-Wedge Chip x Credit River Dolly)

Frozen Semen
-Nitech Maul-N-Wedge Chip
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag
-Grnitech River Bend Switch
-Ch Grnitech River Bend Shot

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/645050609899208/?ref=share

Old Post 08-25-2008 08:36 PM
droopy_dog2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for droopy_dog2004 Click here to Send droopy_dog2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email droopy_dog2004 Visit droopy_dog2004's homepage! Find more posts by droopy_dog2004 Add droopy_dog2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thunderfan
UKC Forum Member

thats probaly true droopy, i also was thingking about the breeding with sarka's snap and thunder, they produced that female, i think her name was trouble, that young fellow that owns style now made her grand nite.

Old Post 08-25-2008 08:44 PM
thunderfan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thunderfan Click here to Send thunderfan a Private Message Click Here to Email thunderfan Find more posts by thunderfan Add thunderfan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thunderfan
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by droopy_dog2004
Well the two best crosses I know of were with a dog called Babe owned by Jeff Butler and a dog caled Kit owned by Mike Kammer & Kent Spencer. But in all you could have bred anything to Thunder and probably got coondogs.

wasn't the kit to thunder cross made twice, if so how are the pups put pf that cross

Old Post 08-25-2008 08:49 PM
coondawg98
UKC Forum Member

I have a 12 month old male pup out of Thunder. He is a ball of energy. He is not getting hooked on the tree as good as I would like for him to but he can blister a track. Alot of the old timers say they would rather have one track before he trees. That is exactly what he is doing. He will locate good on the tree but does not really change over to a chop like he does on a caged coon. He is coon crazy and has the grit to get in there and get ahold of mister ringtail. His ears look like a 5 year old dog. If I can harness his energy and keep him on the right thing he should be a good one.

Old Post 08-25-2008 09:02 PM
coondawg98 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondawg98 Click here to Send coondawg98 a Private Message Find more posts by coondawg98 Add coondawg98 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thunderfan
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by coondawg98
I have a 12 month old male pup out of Thunder. He is a ball of energy. He is not getting hooked on the tree as good as I would like for him to but he can blister a track. Alot of the old timers say they would rather have one track before he trees. That is exactly what he is doing. He will locate good on the tree but does not really change over to a chop like he does on a caged coon. He is coon crazy and has the grit to get in there and get ahold of mister ringtail. His ears look like a 5 year old dog. If I can harness his energy and keep him on the right thing he should be a good one.

whats he out of?

Old Post 08-25-2008 09:12 PM
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

Kit was bred 2 times the 1st time there was only one male pup and his name is Nitech PR Lonesome the last litter produced 4 dogs (I think) 3 males and one female. ("Flash", "Chief", I think "Jake", and "Ruby") Thunder & Kit died on the same day. December 16, 2007

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
Coon Waxer’s Ellie

Frozen Semen
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag

Facebook Page

Last edited by droopy_dog2004 on 08-26-2008 at 02:36 AM

Old Post 08-25-2008 11:27 PM
droopy_dog2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for droopy_dog2004 Click here to Send droopy_dog2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email droopy_dog2004 Visit droopy_dog2004's homepage! Find more posts by droopy_dog2004 Add droopy_dog2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thunderfan
UKC Forum Member

how are the pups doing out of the 2nd cross.

Old Post 08-25-2008 11:41 PM
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

From what I hear they are doing great. 2 are in Michigan 1 is in Canada and the other is in West Virginia. I have heard good reports on them. The first cross only produced Lonesome and I believe he is around 15months old now or somethin like that and he was treeing his own coon at 8months old and giving most old dogs a run for their money. He is now at the home of Kevin Hendricks in NC and is half owned by Kent W Spencer. I believe Thunder would have made a very large impact on the walker breed if he would have lived longer. It is a shame more people didnt breed to him. He was a prime example of how the coondogs in the magazines are not the only ones that you should to breed to.

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
Coon Waxer’s Ellie

Frozen Semen
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag

Facebook Page

Old Post 08-26-2008 02:42 AM
thunderfan
UKC Forum Member

yeah i know ol' kevin and kent. 2 of the most nicest guys u will ever meet. yeah thunder was a right nice dog.

Old Post 08-26-2008 03:29 AM
coondawg98
UKC Forum Member

My pup is out of Sherrill Houstons dog. Jesse. She is not titled but is a nice coon dog. I have recently been working with my pups sister and she is really starting to get fired up on a caged coon. Thay show alot of natural ability.

Old Post 08-27-2008 05:45 PM
coondawg98 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondawg98 Click here to Send coondawg98 a Private Message Find more posts by coondawg98 Add coondawg98 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

Anyone else huntin Thunder dogs???

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
Coon Waxer’s Ellie

Frozen Semen
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag

Facebook Page

Old Post 11-25-2008 02:30 AM
dburnette
UKC Forum Member

I know where a few are out of babe Amy thing else out there.

Old Post 09-26-2012 11:23 PM
dburnette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dburnette Click here to Send dburnette a Private Message Click Here to Email dburnette Find more posts by dburnette Add dburnette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

How many people still have dogs they're hunting directly off Thunder? Pedigrees and pictures if you have them please!

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
Coon Waxer’s Ellie

Frozen Semen
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag

Facebook Page

Old Post 10-07-2014 02:30 AM
WLG3
UKC Forum Member

Thunder dogs

I own two directly off Thunder. Nitech River Bend Stump and Grnite River Bend Trouble.

Old Post 10-07-2014 07:03 AM
WLG3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WLG3 Click here to Send WLG3 a Private Message Find more posts by WLG3 Add WLG3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

Nice! I hunted with stump years back, real nice hound! How old is he getting? Do you have any pics of them?

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
Coon Waxer’s Ellie

Frozen Semen
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag

Facebook Page

Old Post 10-07-2014 11:31 AM
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

River Bend Stump

River Bend Trouble

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
Coon Waxer’s Ellie

Frozen Semen
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag

Facebook Page

Old Post 10-08-2014 01:47 AM
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

btt

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
Coon Waxer’s Ellie

Frozen Semen
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag

Facebook Page

Old Post 10-27-2014 07:50 PM