UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pine Or Cedar Shavings
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

Pine Or Cedar Shavings

Summer bedding

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-08-2010 01:53 AM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clint Welsh
UKC Forum Member

I use pine bedding.

Old Post 04-08-2010 01:58 AM
Clint Welsh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clint Welsh Click here to Send Clint Welsh a Private Message Click Here to Email Clint Welsh Find more posts by Clint Welsh Add Clint Welsh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

does cedar put of toxins when it gets wet?

Old Post 04-08-2010 02:02 AM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clint Welsh
UKC Forum Member

I used to have a hound that was bothered a lot by cedar. His belly used to get real red and sore looking.

Old Post 04-08-2010 02:05 AM
Clint Welsh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clint Welsh Click here to Send Clint Welsh a Private Message Click Here to Email Clint Welsh Find more posts by Clint Welsh Add Clint Welsh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skyblu
UKC Forum Member

Use pine

Cedar burns the skin when it gets damp or wet and also can irritate the eyes 7 nasal passages.

Old Post 04-08-2010 05:59 AM
skyblu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skyblu Click here to Send skyblu a Private Message Click Here to Email skyblu Find more posts by skyblu Add skyblu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SCBluetickGal
UKC Forum Member

I've gone to using just pine...have one dog that is highly allergic to cedar, and several that get irritated eyes from it. Of course I also have several that the cedar doesn't affect at all, but didn't want to take any chances!

CH'PR'Moss Blue Carolina Rain-Queen of Show, BBOA Zone 6 Championship
NITECH CH 'PR' Carolina Flo
CH 'PR' Poison Whiskey Waylon
CH 'PR' Cruse's I'm Your Huckleberry
CH'PR' PoisonWhiskey WildHoney
'PR' Poison Whiskey CowgirlsDontCry
CH'PR' Bowers & O'Connor's Foxy Roxy
PoisonWhiskey SonOfTheSouth

Poison Whiskey Hello Darlin'-2013 AL State BMOS, AL State Hall of Fame King of Show

PoisonWhiskey LilMsHonkyTonk

Coming Soon...
PoisonWhiskeyMaybeItWasMemphis
PoisonWhiskey Heart Like Mine
-------------------------
In loving memory...
CCH GRCH 'PR' Swampland Blue Gypsy-RIP sweet girl
'PR' Miller Time

Old Post 04-08-2010 02:38 PM
SCBluetickGal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCBluetickGal Click here to Send SCBluetickGal a Private Message Click Here to Email SCBluetickGal Find more posts by SCBluetickGal Add SCBluetickGal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Young
UKC Forum Member

In the summer when the old bedding either gets cleaned out by me or naturally carried out gradually by the dog I just let it go until the weather starts getting cold again.

Old Post 04-08-2010 05:16 PM
Dale Young is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dale Young Click here to Send Dale Young a Private Message Click Here to Email Dale Young Find more posts by Dale Young Add Dale Young to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote