UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Experienced coonhunters???
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
scott spivey
UKC Forum Member

I’m with ya Johnny Reb.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-09-2018 12:40 AM
scott spivey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scott spivey Click here to Send scott spivey a Private Message Click Here to Email scott spivey Find more posts by scott spivey Add scott spivey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scott spivey
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 12-10-2018 07:49 PM
scott spivey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scott spivey Click here to Send scott spivey a Private Message Click Here to Email scott spivey Find more posts by scott spivey Add scott spivey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

Re: Experienced coonhunters???

quote:
Originally posted by scott spivey
I’m thinking about posting a dog for sale on this site and just wanted honest feedback from some of the more experienced coonhunters on here. I’ve had a bad experience in the past shipping a dog on trial.After you’ve read my add it would be very helpful if you would answer the questions based on the info in my add. I welcome any helpful suggestions that you may have.
Top 4yr old Walker Male
Big hunter alone
Big mouth,super loud
Locate that is unreal
85% accurate
Needs any win to be a Nt.ch.
Has money won.
Real coondog and dogs like this are seldom ever for sale.
3500.00 Will not ship on trial.
1. How many yrs experience do you have?
2. How many times would you expect to turn a dog like this loose and get him off a tree with a coon in it?
3. Would you expect him to be straight??
4. What would be your expectation of Big Hunter Alone?

44 yrs experience
The first thought through my mind ,, and I learned this many years ago. if the dog was all that your ad says,,you wouldn't have to advertise him for sale. someone that has hunted with the dog and knows the dog would of already bought him.

Last edited by toe cutter on 12-14-2018 at 01:14 AM

Old Post 12-14-2018 01:09 AM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Midnightghost
UKC Forum Member

I adgree with the three drops the dog should zip through there and get Coons treed. Then I want one drop my way. Turn a dog in there let it get treed then turn him on top of that dog. He should go tree his own coon easy way to see what kind of dog you have.

Old Post 12-14-2018 05:50 AM
Midnightghost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Midnightghost Click here to Send Midnightghost a Private Message Click Here to Email Midnightghost Find more posts by Midnightghost Add Midnightghost to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cry Tough Blues
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Experienced coonhunters???

quote:
Originally posted by toe cutter
44 yrs experience
The first thought through my mind ,, and I learned this many years ago. if the dog was all that your ad says,,you wouldn't have to advertise him for sale. someone that has hunted with the dog and knows the dog would of already bought him.

Agreed

Old Post 12-14-2018 12:28 PM
Cry Tough Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cry Tough Blues Click here to Send Cry Tough Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Cry Tough Blues Add Cry Tough Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

Glad to see some of my ol buddys are still coonhunting up in the piney woods, Scott Spivey!! Should be coons running around everywhere up there now as nobody's hunting them?

Old Post 12-14-2018 01:02 PM
B McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B McDaniel Click here to Send B McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email B McDaniel Visit B McDaniel's homepage! Find more posts by B McDaniel Add B McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scott spivey
UKC Forum Member

Hey Brad. Still hunting. I’ve gone from hunting a top hound to hunting for a top hound. Its tough to get it all rolled up in one hide. Still at it though. Be on the lookout for House’s Sioux. (The Boy named Sue) I’m hoping with a name like that he’s gotta be tough. He’s only ten weeks old but he’s already good looking, loud, independent, deep hunter alone, a cold nosed track driving fool with a 2-3 long ,dying bawl locate that he rolls over to a loud, clear, hard, ringing chop,and by the way he’s extremely accurate. Then I woke up. Im still chasing the dream. 😊 Merry Christmas! Hope all is well.

Last edited by scott spivey on 12-15-2018 at 02:42 AM

Old Post 12-15-2018 02:33 AM