UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Purina Points Standings
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
You don't get it... the breeds do not make the rules as to how dogs are picked for this hunt so no need to contact anyone.

Oh my goodness, I always thought that each Breed had a representative on the Purina Committee and this board set up the format and rules for this hunt. I can't believe that I have been wrong all of these years.

And the truck/purse for that other hunt that you are referring to comes from the $250 entry fee. The more entries the more money they make, so they try to get all of the entries they can.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-27-2018 05:49 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Richard your traveling a slippery slope arguing with Jennifer she don't loose arguments.

Just sayen !

Tar

Old Post 11-27-2018 06:01 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, I always thought that each Breed had a representative on the Purina Committee and this board set up the format and rules for this hunt. I can't believe that I have been wrong all of these years.

And the truck/purse for that other hunt that you are referring to comes from the $250 entry fee. The more entries the more money they make, so they try to get all of the entries they can.

No the truck hunt is $125 & includes 2 nights in the hotel, dinner on Friday night and a 1 in 64 chance at a new truck or $.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-27-2018 06:05 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

You can tell that I have never made it to a truck hunt.

Old Post 11-27-2018 06:48 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
You can tell that I have never made it to a truck hunt.

And a jacket, small bag of Pro Plan w/ bowl. Purina is a sponsor for it too. This ticket is a goal for many and helps with club numbers and participation throughout the year.
When you have a hunt that 64 dogs are qualified for and less than 40 show up it needs a major overhaul. They made made changes to how dogs are chosen for this up coming Purina Nationals based on regions this year it may work time will tell. A couple of these regions are much more competitive than all the others. Example Demon is registered in Cheyenne and Dalton's names in that order. Demon won at an RQE, one night at the Zone and placed 5th in the World he doesn't get a ticket because of the region of Walkers he is in is very competitive (a good thing), if he was any other breed he would qualify. Now if his registration had been listed the other way Dalton then Cheyenne he would be in the SW region which includes Oklahoma where Dalton lives less than 20mi from us and he would have a ticket easily.
The problem with this hunt isn't in the Walker breed, it is the smaller breeds lack of showing up even when qualified. Last year there were breeds that only one dog entered (there were others who didn't sign up to come) and automatically collected $1,500 dollars despite never having hunted in a cast while other breeds had to make it to the finals to even collect a dime. For this reason I don't buy the BS that they like to hunt against their own and that increase their participation, the past numbers prove otherwise. Location was Illinois which is fairly centrally located. It is in the spring before the weather is hot and leaves are not on. Entry is free or only $50 for those without a Purina circle.
The problem lies in a mentality of not hauling their dogs to town to compete and one thing is for sure you can't win if you don't play. Where it comes from I don't know maybe you or others can answer that for your breeds It seems that there is a different attitude with many than there is in English dogs and Walkers from hunts to breeding. For the record we were beat by a Red dog that was on her game that night. Leonard and Daisy.
I for one do hope that what changes they made are successful for the up coming hunt but also think that the powers that be should be open to suggestions on the future of it. The original poster had a great suggestion of alternates that could be easily implemented and the only cost involved is a few phone calls. That is good business.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-27-2018 07:57 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I am confused now. Are you saying that a walker dog that wasn't in his breeds top 4 should be able to replace a dog in another breed that didn't plan on going?

Old Post 11-27-2018 09:30 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
I am confused now. Are you saying that a walker dog that wasn't in his breeds top 4 should be able to replace a dog in another breed that didn't plan on going?

No I'm saying that within each breed in eac region if someone in the top 4 can't make it the next position should be contacted to see if they would like that spot.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 11-27-2018 09:49 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Ok, I got confused. I seem to get that way a lot these days. I guess that it is just part of getting old.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-27-2018 at 10:43 PM

Old Post 11-27-2018 10:40 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Heck, even Tar gets confused sometimes. Just sayin

Old Post 11-27-2018 11:02 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
Heck, even Tar gets confused sometimes. Just sayin

Who is tar ?

Tarbaby

Old Post 11-27-2018 11:17 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Who is tar ?

Tarbaby

Why do u ask?

Old Post 11-27-2018 11:24 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Because I am confused I might not be me I might be you or him or them !!

?

Old Post 11-27-2018 11:28 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Ok I had forgot that posted that you get confused. My bad. I wonder if this is what Hobo was talking about in that other thread?

Old Post 11-27-2018 11:32 PM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

just a bunch of confused old men. trying to make a point and forget what the point is before they are done typing. blablabla

Old Post 11-27-2018 11:35 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

I think y''all been reading the vodka thread and gave it a try!
Yes Richard move up the dogs of each breed. My other point is that there are a couple of regions much more competitive than the others so dogs from the others do have an advantage on qualifying for this hunt, it is all in where you live not how many points you actually have. Another increasing participation in attendance within a few of the breeds and last but not least the payout just because you show up not because you won an actual cast or that you were the overall winner of your breed before it.
I understand that there may be changes coming for the 2019 season and maybe it will address some of these issues and that the powers that make the rules and qualifications for it are paying attention.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 11-27-2018 11:54 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

I got to go to a Purina hunt again this year, they needed a MOH. LUCKY ME!

Old Post 11-28-2018 12:11 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So, no one has gotten their Dec Bloodlines yet? It looks like Allen is too busy to post the new prize package for the Purina Nationals.

Old Post 11-28-2018 01:45 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, tomorrow is the last day of November.

Old Post 11-29-2018 03:47 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
So, no one has gotten their Dec Bloodlines yet? It looks like Allen is too busy to post the new prize package for the Purina Nationals.

Just hoping it doesn't include buying 7,000 lbs of dog food and switching to hunting Redbones to qualify lol.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 11-29-2018 04:11 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

What is the matter with hunting Redbones????

Old Post 11-29-2018 04:25 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Purina Points Standings

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
[url]....We'll have a nice surprise announcement in the coming weeks, as it relates to the payouts of the 2019 Purina National Championship and beyond....

I guess that should have said, "in the coming months".

Old Post 12-07-2018 01:22 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
What is the matter with hunting Redbones????

Nothing everyone should hunt what they like.
Here is something to think about on how this hunt and it's current format it is definitely a benefit to the breed with less numbers of dogs. A Redbone finishes in the #1 spot in the NE region with only 30 points, 3 others making up the top 4 Redbones get a ticket to this hunt from the NE Region also. The Walkers in the very same NE Region the #5 dog Secrets has 60 pts. She made it to the finals of the World Championship. The #6 dog in this very same NE Region is Willy who also has 60 points, he wins the World Champion title. Neither of these dogs will get a ticket to go despite have double the points of the Redbone and 6x the points of another breed of dogs whose top finisher has only a mere 10 points. I understand that this is a breed hunt but something is wrong with this picture.
I do hope that participation increases at this hunt in the spring because in the past many of these dogs haven't even shown up to hunt when there are many more worthy of hunting in it sitting at home with no chance to go just because they happen to be a Walker

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 12-10-2018 at 01:26 AM

Old Post 12-10-2018 01:24 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So, you think that there should be more walkers and fewer Redbones? Since each Breed will have 1 dog in the semis, what does it matter how many that they started with? That is unless you think that all 4 dogs in the finals should be walkers.
But that is not the purpose of this hunt. There are plenty of hunts that end up with all walkers. This hunt is set up for all breeds not all walkers. If you want a different format, go to a different hunt. Don't try to change the format of this hunt to suit your preferences. This sounds a lot like someone with a silent tree dog wanting everyone to strike in at 25.

And it isn't just the breeds. You could also make the argument that some regions were more competitive than others. Do you think that they should change the region requirements also?

Oh my goodness, if you change the breed format and the region format, what are you left with?

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:01 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:

Oh my goodness, if you change the breed format and the region format, what are you left with?

Maybe a hunt where the best of the best compete for a purse not just show up to collect a check without even winning a cast because they are the only one of their breed to show up.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:27 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

All should admit that when the World Champion who has 60 points doesn't even get a ticket to go but dogs with only one cast win and 10 points do this whole thing may need a makeover
Wildcard spots for certain accomplishments would be one solution.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:37 AM