UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > beeper/training collar
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SHORN
UKC Forum Member

beeper/training collar

Does anybody use a beeper (instead of a bell) on their coon hound? I have been looking at beeper/training collars to use on my bird dog. I am also looking at upgrading my training collar set up and would like to buy just one set up to use on my bird dog and coon hounds. What are the pros/cons of each set up? I already have a gps system.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-09-2018 02:06 PM
SHORN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SHORN Click here to Send SHORN a Private Message Find more posts by SHORN Add SHORN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

You already have gps why would you want a beeper or bell on your hound? I cant stand listening to a bird dog beeping or ringing through the woods.

Old Post 12-09-2018 08:48 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SHORN
UKC Forum Member

because i hunt in tall grass and it is impossible to see my pointer iwas only thinking about the beeper trainer on hounds so i can cut back on systems i have four track and train right now

Old Post 12-09-2018 10:40 PM
SHORN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SHORN Click here to Send SHORN a Private Message Find more posts by SHORN Add SHORN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Have you thought about the add on beepers? They just slide on your dog collar or e-collar strap, don’t see why they wouldn’t go on a garmin collar as well. The problem I see with the beeper/e-collars is they are 3/4-1 mile range. I would want more for a hound. Dogtra would be my choice the 2700T&B, gives you the ability to track as well.

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 12-10-2018 12:26 AM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SHORN
UKC Forum Member

I am leaning towards the Dogtra or the DT system. The problem with the add on beepers is that you turn it on and it stays on until you can physically touch it again. The Garmin add on will work with some of their e collar transmitters but I don't think it will work with mine. I have a pro 70 exp

Old Post 12-10-2018 01:11 AM