UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Dog Supply Vendors > Bushwhacker - Making the Belt Light Great Again
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sam Davis
UKC Forum Member

Bushwhacker - Making the Belt Light Great Again

Many of our customers like burn times of the belt lights, but they also like features of the cap lights. One of our customers, Benny Taylor asked me several times for a head that would plug into his 21 volt belt pack. Last winter I made Benny this head, he showed it around and several other hunters wanted the same thing. With each head, features got better and the mini- Bushwhacker 21 volt and the Bushwhacker Pro 21 volt lights come to be.

Improvements in LED technology are occurring each day, most advancements do not apply to LED hunting lights. Occasionally, a very special LED will catch my eye and this new head uses this LED. In fact, this LED is rated at approximately 50% more light output (lumens) than LEDs used in the brightest cap lights, while maintaining the same or better LUX values. In addition to this brightness, the modules emit about 10% more light with zero artifacts.

Powering this new Bushwhacker head are belt packs most people are familiar with. Previously known as the Superior mini-Sidekick 21 volt/Valley Creek mini-Pro and Superior Super Sidekick/Valley Creek Pro 21. We've combined and updated the belt packs into one mini-Bushwhacker 21volt/Bushwhacker Pro 21. Each pack has a 4 position switch for total brightness control. Walk lights are optional. The good news, this head is compatible with all 21 volt lights that currently use a LED head.

Burn times for the mini-Bushwhacker are:
Dual white- Click 1- 100 hours, Click 2 - 40 hours, Click 3 - 15 hours, Click 4 -5 hours
Color Click 1- 100 hours, Click 2 - 40 hours, Click 3 - 16 hours, Click 4 -11hours
Main beam- Click 1- 200hours, Click 2 - 50hours, Click 3 - 25 hours, Click 4 -3hours

Burn times for the Bushwhacker Pro 21 volt are 2 times values for mini-Bushwhacker

Pricing for head only ----------------------------------------199.00
Pricing for mini-Bushwhacker –-----------------------------350.00
Pricing for Bushwhacker Pro 21 volt -----------------------375.00

Phone 731-632-0489

WWW.NITEHUNTERS.COM
731-632-0489
rats@nitehunters.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-30-2016 07:23 PM
Sam Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam Davis Click here to Send Sam Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Sam Davis Visit Sam Davis's homepage! Find more posts by Sam Davis Add Sam Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mikyle White
UKC Forum Member

I got a pleasure hunter wanting to know what the warranty is on these lights?

Old Post 08-31-2016 04:04 AM
Mikyle White is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mikyle White Click here to Send Mikyle White a Private Message Click Here to Email Mikyle White Find more posts by Mikyle White Add Mikyle White to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

I knew I should have not thrown my 21 volt battery pack in the trash.

Chesterfield,SC 29709-7226
843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 08-31-2016 09:21 AM
Mike Rivers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Rivers Click here to Send Mike Rivers a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Rivers Find more posts by Mike Rivers Add Mike Rivers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bushwhacker .....

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
The Bushwhacker is an Amazing Light, in my opinion it is The Best Light being offered today, and I have owned, used or seen them All in the Woods.....Where it counts.
You can't get one with a Better walk light, you can't get one with a Better Main Beam, you can't get one with a Better Colored LED.......!!!

Get you a Bushwhacker and See the Difference.....!!!

Your recommendation encouraged me to order one!

Old Post 10-20-2016 04:20 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondog48
UKC Forum Member

What is the difference in the Bushwacker, GravediggerIII, and Undertaker 21 volt belt lights. Seem very similar. Are the leds all the same like walking and spot lights,etc?

Old Post 10-27-2016 03:18 AM
coondog48 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondog48 Click here to Send coondog48 a Private Message Click Here to Email coondog48 Find more posts by coondog48 Add coondog48 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam Davis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by coondog48
What is the difference in the Bushwacker, GravediggerIII, and Undertaker 21 volt belt lights. Seem very similar. Are the leds all the same like walking and spot lights,etc?

LEDs are basically the same with maybe a few slight variations.

WWW.NITEHUNTERS.COM
731-632-0489
rats@nitehunters.com

Old Post 10-27-2016 11:41 AM
Sam Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam Davis Click here to Send Sam Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Sam Davis Visit Sam Davis's homepage! Find more posts by Sam Davis Add Sam Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

bushwhacker

I just received a new mini-bushwhacker 21 volt belt light. I had the regular box light already and decided to get the 21 volt. i don't know how a light could get any better than my box light, but this 21 volt is like nothing Ii've seen. The led in the head is a more neutral color than white, (even brighter than my other light) and the walk lights, (which i didn't think could get any better) are even brighter. If you were thinking about getting a new belt light look no further because this light will not disappoint you, thanks to Sam and his family for all their help.

Old Post 10-28-2016 02:04 AM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Tim,

This is like a whole new light compared to what I had, I am very impressed with all the changes. I also added the walk light on the belt and like it as well. Now if only I had a dog as nice as this light!

Mike

Old Post 10-28-2016 01:52 PM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
travis morgan
UKC Forum Member

Light

Sam,just letting you know I got my light today.I appreciate all your help and thanks for the quick shipment.Thanks again

WIPEOUT 3 STROKER

Old Post 12-11-2016 01:17 AM
travis morgan is online now Click Here to See the Profile for travis morgan Click here to Send travis morgan a Private Message Click Here to Email travis morgan Find more posts by travis morgan Add travis morgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam Davis
UKC Forum Member

LED improvements are occurring daily, some lend themselves to hunting applications while other don't. As LEDs get brighter they are beginning to get more power hungry. If you want the brightest and burn time - belts lights will be the wave of the future.

WWW.NITEHUNTERS.COM
731-632-0489
rats@nitehunters.com

Old Post 01-09-2017 02:02 AM
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sam Davis
LED improvements are occurring daily, some lend themselves to hunting applications while other don't. As LEDs get brighter they are beginning to get more power hungry. If you want the brightest and burn time - belts lights will be the wave of the future.

Sam
As the ole saying goes " To gain something , you have to give up something".

Chesterfield,SC 29709-7226
843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 01-09-2017 09:31 AM
Mike Rivers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Rivers Click here to Send Mike Rivers a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Rivers Find more posts by Mike Rivers Add Mike Rivers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Bushwhacker .....

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
How you like your New Bushwhacker ?
Tim

Like it pretty well. Especially the walk light (Once I learned that level 1 doesn't cut it for me). Just wish I could adjust the beam like I could on my old halogen lights.

Old Post 01-10-2017 01:53 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam Davis
UKC Forum Member

We've built this light for the hardest of hunters. We've had questions about modules with different colors. The modules are now available in the color of your choice, if you want red, green, amber - we can make it happen. Give us a call 731-632-0489

WWW.NITEHUNTERS.COM
731-632-0489
rats@nitehunters.com

Old Post 02-03-2017 12:52 AM
Sam Davis
UKC Forum Member

Due to recent release of a new LED, the Mini Bushwhacker and the Bushwhacker Pro 21 belt lights put out more usable light than any bump cap light on the market. If would like to discuss how this is accomplished or purchase a light that is made for hard coon hunters - give us a call 731-632-0489.

WWW.NITEHUNTERS.COM
731-632-0489
rats@nitehunters.com

Old Post 02-27-2017 06:13 PM
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

bushwhacker

Sam,

Is this a brand new led? I can't remember when I got this 21volt mini bushwhacker, sometime last fall, is the LED noticeably different from the one I have, color, size of beam, and such?

Thanks

Old Post 02-28-2017 02:19 AM
Sam Davis
UKC Forum Member

Re: bushwhacker

quote:
Originally posted by buchcoonhunter
Sam,

Is this a brand new led? I can't remember when I got this 21volt mini bushwhacker, sometime last fall, is the LED noticeably different from the one I have, color, size of beam, and such?

Thanks

I'll check our records and see which you got - but I think yours is on a strain relief. If that is the case, this puts out more light than your current one.

WWW.NITEHUNTERS.COM
731-632-0489
rats@nitehunters.com

Old Post 02-28-2017 12:33 PM
Sam Davis
UKC Forum Member

Mike from the best I can tell you have this light - the LED has gone through a couple updates with a little more brightness than yours. Its not uncommon for the LED manufacturers to upgrade brightness without notice, and we always try to provide the brighter ones as they come out.

WWW.NITEHUNTERS.COM
731-632-0489
rats@nitehunters.com

Old Post 02-28-2017 06:37 PM
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Light

Sam

Light does all I need and more I just curious what the differences might have been. I know with leds they change often, it's a great light!

Thanks again,

Mike

Old Post 02-28-2017 07:09 PM
coondog48
UKC Forum Member

Sam, I have the same question as Mike. I purchased mine at the end of October. BTW it's a great light. Rich

Old Post 03-01-2017 01:04 AM
coondog48 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondog48 Click here to Send coondog48 a Private Message Click Here to Email coondog48 Find more posts by coondog48 Add coondog48 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondog48
UKC Forum Member

Sam, I have the same question as Mike. I purchased mine at the end of October. BTW it's a great light. Rich PS Belt light

Last edited by coondog48 on 03-01-2017 at 01:06 AM

Old Post 03-01-2017 01:04 AM
Sam Davis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by coondog48
Sam, I have the same question as Mike. I purchased mine at the end of October. BTW it's a great light. Rich PS Belt light

Yours is like Mike's, your head is up to date - with exception of maybe one upgrade from LED Mfg. on brightness. Thanks for the compliment - we really like this head.

WWW.NITEHUNTERS.COM
731-632-0489
rats@nitehunters.com

Old Post 03-01-2017 08:57 PM