UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Hunting Programs :: Dog Events :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Cast staying together at redbone hunt
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I have lead dogs, waited on people while the rest walked off, withdrew to help, swam and got dogs for people, ran dogs down on time outs. It's a freaking coonhunt there will be one next week.

No one but you cares if you win but everyone will remember how you conduct yourself. It takes a lifetime to build your reputation and one idiot moment to destroy it.

well said

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-19-2017 04:04 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Cooper
UKC Forum Member

VERY WELL SAID !

Old Post 02-19-2017 04:19 PM
Craig Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Cooper Click here to Send Craig Cooper a Private Message Find more posts by Craig Cooper Add Craig Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brack carr
UKC Forum Member

guys this is a sad day in the sport of coon hunting, I have drawled older people in hunts that couldnt walk as fast as most of the cast but we made sure we went there pace. one night I helped one guy get up every creek helped with his dog when needed and was happy to do so , I still one the hunt but the older guy almost won ,the point is he had a chance to win and had a good hunt ,on the last dump we were standing on the road and they got treed in a swamp and wanted to withdraw because he said he didn't thank he could make it we were split treed if we see his coon he wins and don't see mine I told him don't, the three of us would go and score the trees and I would bring his dog back well I found his coon and some one else found my coon what a great hunt he couldn't believe we would do this for him

Old Post 02-19-2017 05:04 PM
brack carr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brack carr Click here to Send brack carr a Private Message Click Here to Email brack carr Find more posts by brack carr Add brack carr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed zachary
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
Ed the 5 minutes is a mute point here. You are talking about what could have turned into a very serious medical emergency. We can't write rules to cover every situation that may arise in the woods, but as human being we should be much more attentive to the needs of our fellow cast members. Remember this, we are in the woods. You aren't just going call 911 and they come rolling right up to that branch you are on and load you up and get out of there. Chances are at times the guide maybe the only person who knows how to get you back to "civilization". No hunt is as important as getting attention to those who need it when they need, and timely. Every minute counts, and it may have taken all the cast members to help get the one in need back out.

MY CHALLENGE TO ALL!!! Think about this in rolls reversed. YOU are the one in need, the one in danger of lapsing into a life threatening situation. Would yo think the hunt is more important then. Is getting that tree scored and running to the next one so important now? if YOU ARE HONEST WITH YOURSELF AND THE REST OF US, we know the answer. Yes, I know and I am very sure Jake knows that we were all young hunters once, who don't really think before we do things, but in this case and those like it, we have to think about what is best for us all. NO HUNT IS WORTH SOMEONE HAVING A LIFE THREATENING SITUATION arise over something that could easily prevent it, like slowing down, and resting some. Besides that, all the dogs were treed, meaning time could be called, and then the tree scored when the gentlemen was helped out and rested some.

Jake I am not saying that you were in as bad of shape as this might make it seem, but you and I both know that sugar levels are dangerous to play with. My intent here isn't to make you sound like an elderly old man, but to try and make folks understand that things can and do happen, of which some are very serious. As we get older, these things happen. I don't wish our conditions on anyone, but there is a chance that as those who were with you get older, they just may encounter the same problems, and need someone to slowdown for them. I hope they draw out with folks who will stay with them, as you had the one person do. Take care of yourself, and I hope to see you at SETWD's.

I certainly am not advocating leaving a sick person. But if you feel you are sick, you tell the judge and withdraw. you should then be offered company back to your ride and possibly to hospital. If you do not withdraw a judge should assume that it is not life threatning and the hunt goes on. People drive lots a miles, spend lots a money and the judge owes it to all on the cast to have a fair hunt.

Old Post 02-19-2017 05:22 PM
Ed zachary is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Ed zachary Click here to Send Ed zachary a Private Message Find more posts by Ed zachary Add Ed zachary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Southern Coondog
UKC Forum Member

Lot of pros and cons. We were as stated 200yards from tree like said. But when judge is so far ahead walking and finally realized I wasn't with him and came back. I was about 15 mins or less before I was back to walking. And yes I had to the trees last night but we stopped numerous times to catch our breath. And I would've had nothing to gain by it as some are accusing. I had great time Thursday and Saturday night and won it all. Thanks to the guides judges and cast and being in coons, it might not have happened.

Old Post 02-19-2017 05:47 PM
Southern Coondog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Southern Coondog Click here to Send Southern Coondog a Private Message Find more posts by Southern Coondog Add Southern Coondog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ed zachary
I certainly am not advocating leaving a sick person. But if you feel you are sick, you tell the judge and withdraw. you should then be offered company back to your ride and possibly to hospital. If you do not withdraw a judge should assume that it is not life threatning and the hunt goes on. People drive lots a miles, spend lots a money and the judge owes it to all on the cast to have a fair hunt.

Withdraw ? Are you kidding me he was 200 yards from finishing the cast.

Old Post 02-19-2017 06:04 PM
Donnie Stevens is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed zachary
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Withdraw ? Are you kidding me he was 200 yards from finishing the cast.
OK, was he sick or not? It is still a competition, 200 yrds from tree, ten minutes from tree? I don't have a dog in this hunt, but three others did, and if it took an extra ten minutes to get to tree and your dog left, got over heated or a fight broke out then what?
I have climb cliffs, crawled into brush piles for dogs of people who couldn't do either, but if you want to sit down for 15 minutes, 200 yds from the tree where my dog is, you will be sitting alone.

Old Post 02-19-2017 11:07 PM
Ed zachary is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Ed zachary Click here to Send Ed zachary a Private Message Find more posts by Ed zachary Add Ed zachary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote