UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Help Help Please
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cashie Swamp
UKC Forum Member

Help Help Please

I am a coon hunter and needs some help. I have a 8 soon to be 9 year old son that whats to get a cur pup for his birthday that's all he has asked for. A guy we know has some squirrel dogs and my son went with him one time, he had a blast and can't seem to get to go with him again I'm not sure why but now he wants one of his own. He wants to get into it and I need help finding him a pup before April 26 any help you can give to point me in the right direction I will be greatly appreciative. Thank you a bunch

252-325-4949
Earl Hoggard

www.cashieswampkennels.webs.com

Born to serve and protect.

COON HUNTIN Its not a hobby its a way of life

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-06-2017 07:17 PM
Cashie Swamp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cashie Swamp Click here to Send Cashie Swamp a Private Message Click Here to Email Cashie Swamp Visit Cashie Swamp's homepage! Find more posts by Cashie Swamp Add Cashie Swamp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJames
UKC Forum Member

Thats great that your boy has found a passion for the outdoors and squirrel hunting with dogs. I would approach that with some caution of starting with a pup. I am not trying to get in your business i have just seen many times kids expecting to get to go tree squirrels and its a long long process training a squirrel dog. If you can find it in your budget i would suggest and older dog that he could have fun with and maybe in time get a pup to let the older dog help train. Keep an eye on the ukc board as well as a site called squirrel dog central. Usually folks on there are willing to help if they can. I wish you guys lots of luck in finding the right fit for your boys birthday.

GrNtCh HOF GrCh Tough Red Ruby Big Rig

GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Glass Performance Sire 2009 World Qualifier

GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Tank
GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Glass Shaker 9th place St Jude Saturday nite hunt 2013
NiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Shine (RIP)
NiteCh PR Tough Blue Lady (Sold)
NiteCh PR Tough Blue Rebel (Sold)

Old Post 02-08-2017 05:58 AM
DJames is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DJames Click here to Send DJames a Private Message Click Here to Email DJames Find more posts by DJames Add DJames to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dpetty
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DJames
Thats great that your boy has found a passion for the outdoors and squirrel hunting with dogs. I would approach that with some caution of starting with a pup. I am not trying to get in your business i have just seen many times kids expecting to get to go tree squirrels and its a long long process training a squirrel dog. If you can find it in your budget i would suggest and older dog that he could have fun with and maybe in time get a pup to let the older dog help train. Keep an eye on the ukc board as well as a site called squirrel dog central. Usually folks on there are willing to help if they can. I wish you guys lots of luck in finding the right fit for your boys birthday.

I totally agree try to get one that is going even if it is an older dog. At times I have given a young hunter a dog that is eight or so because they can still get it done. If you can find one like that I think you will be happy JMO.

Old Post 02-08-2017 05:35 PM
dpetty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dpetty Click here to Send dpetty a Private Message Click Here to Email dpetty Find more posts by dpetty Add dpetty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Wolfe
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-08-2017 07:53 PM
Randy Wolfe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Wolfe Click here to Send Randy Wolfe a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Wolfe Find more posts by Randy Wolfe Add Randy Wolfe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cashie Swamp
UKC Forum Member

Thanks a lot guys I had a guy call me from Maryland and give my son a 4 year old Kemmers Cur. Thank you again for all your help.

252-325-4949
Earl Hoggard

www.cashieswampkennels.webs.com

Born to serve and protect.

COON HUNTIN Its not a hobby its a way of life

Old Post 02-13-2017 04:41 PM
Cashie Swamp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cashie Swamp Click here to Send Cashie Swamp a Private Message Click Here to Email Cashie Swamp Visit Cashie Swamp's homepage! Find more posts by Cashie Swamp Add Cashie Swamp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJames
UKC Forum Member

Thats great! Hope it works out for your son.

GrNtCh HOF GrCh Tough Red Ruby Big Rig

GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Glass Performance Sire 2009 World Qualifier

GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Tank
GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Glass Shaker 9th place St Jude Saturday nite hunt 2013
NiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Shine (RIP)
NiteCh PR Tough Blue Lady (Sold)
NiteCh PR Tough Blue Rebel (Sold)

Old Post 02-14-2017 05:22 AM
DJames is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DJames Click here to Send DJames a Private Message Click Here to Email DJames Find more posts by DJames Add DJames to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote