UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > SERESTO COLLARS ????
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
oklared
UKC Forum Member

SERESTO COLLARS ????

GOOD OR BAD, USE OR DONT USE ?

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-20-2018 04:17 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Used them for 3 years, haven't found a flea or tick once.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 06-20-2018 04:30 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

I have used them for several years and I have no complaints. I believe they say there good for 8 months but I usually change them on hounds every 6 months. I’ve got a miniature schnauzer inside and change his every 8 months.

Old Post 06-20-2018 05:20 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

Have used them for three years, never a flea of tick. Work great and have not had one hound to have a reaction from them. I change them out at 7 months so I know I;m covered.

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 06-20-2018 05:42 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsOlMander
UKC Forum Member

i have them on my hounds and my house dog- ive yet to see a flea or tick. im very pleased. i got mine off ebay for around $40 a piece

- In Loving Memory of -
DEEP SPRINGS BLACK MAX
&
LEVIS SOUTHERN BLUE DOC

Old Post 06-20-2018 05:57 PM
ItsOlMander is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsOlMander Click here to Send ItsOlMander a Private Message Find more posts by ItsOlMander Add ItsOlMander to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barnescreek
UKC Forum Member

They are great unless you hunt swamps. If you get them wet everyday they don’t last as long. 37.50 out of Australia. I put a new one on mid March and gets me to that winter. Effectively one year for where I live. No pills to give every month. Can’t beat it

Old Post 06-20-2018 07:32 PM
barnescreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barnescreek Click here to Send barnescreek a Private Message Find more posts by barnescreek Add barnescreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yogi33
UKC Forum Member

Swamps.

I use Seresto collars on all my coon dogs, and they hit a lot of water in the swamps I hunt. They last 5-6 months here in SE Va, I put them on in the beginning of May and replace mid October to November usually. Solid flea and tick prevention.

Old Post 06-21-2018 08:59 AM
Yogi33 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Yogi33 Click here to Send Yogi33 a Private Message Find more posts by Yogi33 Add Yogi33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driftwoodblue
UKC Forum Member

fits

we put one on my son's wennie dog and it had fits.. took it off and put him on bravecto-- no problem there

Old Post 06-21-2018 01:09 PM
Driftwoodblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driftwoodblue Click here to Send Driftwoodblue a Private Message Find more posts by Driftwoodblue Add Driftwoodblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driftwoodblue
UKC Forum Member

fits

we put one on my son's wennie dog and it had fits.. took it off and put him on bravecto-- no problem there

Old Post 06-21-2018 01:09 PM
Driftwoodblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driftwoodblue Click here to Send Driftwoodblue a Private Message Find more posts by Driftwoodblue Add Driftwoodblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crooked ridge
UKC Forum Member

Can you take them off when in the kennel? Then put them back on when hunting. The reason is so they aren't exposed to the chemicals constantly.

Old Post 06-21-2018 11:42 PM
crooked ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crooked ridge Click here to Send crooked ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email crooked ridge Find more posts by crooked ridge Add crooked ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Braddo28
UKC Forum Member

The directions said to wash your hands good after putting the collar on do does that mean people have to be careful when playing with the dog to not touch the collar, i just got one but havent put it on my dog yet, and like was mentioned can u take it off at times id just like to leave it on him when hes kenneled cause he swims alot

Old Post 06-24-2018 01:28 AM
Braddo28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Braddo28 Click here to Send Braddo28 a Private Message Click Here to Email Braddo28 Find more posts by Braddo28 Add Braddo28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by crooked ridge
Can you take them off when in the kennel? Then put them back on when hunting. The reason is so they aren't exposed to the chemicals constantly.

I see a lot of people do it the opposite. They leave them on in the kennel and take them off while hunting. I leave mine on constantly. I put a couple extra zip ties on mine. To date I’ve never had an issue with loosing one or any reaction.

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 06-24-2018 03:39 AM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote