UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Grntch,bear's Crosscountry Red Deuce
Pages (23): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Bear

He looks good Richard. Im glad you two are seing eye to eye. He is bred to do it. Deuce has throwed some nice treedogs from three females. He has 24 pups on the ground to date. One NTCH and several more coming up.
Buck is gona love his female (Mantis) from Deuce X Tina. She is a TREEDOG.
She is almost 14 months and doing it all.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-22-2012 06:33 PM
Don Barnett Sr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Don Barnett Sr Click here to Send Don Barnett Sr a Private Message Click Here to Email Don Barnett Sr Find more posts by Don Barnett Sr Add Don Barnett Sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Deuce

Deuce is proving he is a reproducer as well as a coondog and a competition hound. These are a few of his offspring that are doing a great job.
This is NTCH COPPER and his litter mate sister Cindy. Copper belonges to Johnny Williams. Copper got his UKC first place at 10 months of age and has finished to NTCH as a two year old. Cindy belongs to Jason Williams. Jason don't comp hunt but Cindy is a nice female that started early.

This pup is Bacon, he belongs to Matt Owen in Dover AR. Bacon got a 4th place in the AR state hunt last year. I hunted Bacon for a month or so last summer. He is a get gone get treed type hound. He is real good to have his coon and I didn't see him back an empy tree the whole time I hunted him.

This is Dan he won two cast in the AR state hunt this year at 13 months.He has also picked up some PKC cash. He is SS, Dan will speak for himself.

This a young pup Richard Lambert is calling Bear. His name is Bear's crosscountry Red Zypher. Bear is one year old and as you can see he is getting with the program very well. And a nice looking sucker to boot.

Deuce comes from a long line of reproducers and COONDOGS. Deuce is no accident, He came from a litter of winners. Two GRNTCH and one NTCH that I know of.
Tom Solberg, and Josh and Travis Sterkis put a lot of hard work, time, and thought into the cross that Deuce came from. They did all the work. Jason and I are reapping the benefits from it.
Thank you for taking the time to read our post. If there is anything we can do to help, we will be more than willing. 1-870-364-6880 Cell 1-870-500-4996.

Old Post 06-26-2012 09:06 PM
Don Barnett Sr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Don Barnett Sr Click here to Send Don Barnett Sr a Private Message Click Here to Email Don Barnett Sr Find more posts by Don Barnett Sr Add Don Barnett Sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redpower
UKC Forum Member

Future cross

I have hunted with Deuce and seen what he is capable of in the woods and in the breeding pen and down the road there will be a cross on Deuce and my Sister female, both of which have and can produce coon dogs.

Pr Tree Talkin Red Hot Sister
Nitch Tree Talkin Brotheer T- Bone
Nitch Tree Talkin Shorty
Pr Tree Talkin Red Harley
Pr Tree Talkin Brother Re Pete

Old Post 06-27-2012 02:57 PM
redpower is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redpower Click here to Send redpower a Private Message Click Here to Email redpower Find more posts by redpower Add redpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I went to my mailbox today and boy was I pleasantly surprised. I have a paid up S/S eligible pup. Bear is 12 mos old and hunts as a 1 yr old next Spring. I guess that I had better move him from the backburner to the front line.

Old Post 06-29-2012 11:45 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Front burner

That's right Richard, you and the Bear had better get with. Keep us posted please.
We will get to see how Dan fairs with the big boys tonight . Benefit hunt in Dover Ar.There will be some tough COONDOGS there.

Old Post 06-30-2012 02:56 AM
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

Hey Don

I am really happy Deuce is reproducing well. I think maybe we should consider breeding either one of my pups to Duece or Red to one of yours. I think it would make a real good line cross. My understanding of good line breeding is keeping those good crosses close. Since Red and Duece are brothers, I would think you could not go wrong!!

Let me know what you think.

John

Old Post 06-30-2012 05:24 PM
timber hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timber hunter Click here to Send timber hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email timber hunter Find more posts by timber hunter Add timber hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hey Don

quote:
Originally posted by timber hunter
I am really happy Deuce is reproducing well. Since Red and Duece are brothers, I would think you could not go wrong.

There sure are a lot of awfully nice "brothers" out there aren't there? The females out of them could be crossed back and forth for a long time.

Old Post 06-30-2012 05:31 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Crosses

I would like to see Red crossed on one of the females from Deuce X Tina. Tina is from GRNTCH KEYS OUTLAW RED MOON X GRNTCH PEPPER ANN. That should be a good one. She has COONDOGS and REPRODUCERS stacked about as high as you can get um.
Mister Bud Hood has one of those females for sale now. She is green started and payed up fo it all, PP and SS. His # is 1-812-201-7044.
Richard the door is wide open for crosses on these T-TOP bred hounds. There are some very nice Female COONDOGS out there that will cross good on them for out crosses and line breeding too.
Well Dan got beat lastnight no coon seen on his cast. Hay 3 out of 4 anit bad.

Old Post 06-30-2012 07:58 PM
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

Hey Don

Thanks, there is a guy here thats looking for a female, I will see if I can make a deal with him if I pick her up, maybe he will breed her to Red.

Thanks John

Old Post 07-01-2012 02:55 AM
timber hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timber hunter Click here to Send timber hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email timber hunter Find more posts by timber hunter Add timber hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Deuce female

Bud is a stand up guy. He won't shoot you a line. He lives about 30 miles from Brazil. He will work with ya. Give him a call.

Old Post 07-01-2012 12:25 PM
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Deuce pup

I hear Mr Matt Bailey from WVA has bought a nice female from Mr Bud Hood.
I think he will be very pleased with her. Please keep us posted on her Matt.

Old Post 07-09-2012 04:43 PM
Gary Hazel
UKC Forum Member

Grntch,bear's Crosscountry Red Deuce

Don Barnett Sr,
It was nice to talk with you about your hounds.

John 3:16

Old Post 07-10-2012 03:39 AM
Gary Hazel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Hazel Click here to Send Gary Hazel a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Hazel Find more posts by Gary Hazel Add Gary Hazel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Deuce pups

This is a short video Mr Bud Hood sent me. Its not the best but it will give you an idea of what we are getting from these Deuce pups.

Old Post 07-14-2012 03:46 AM
redpower
UKC Forum Member

Don

Wish I would a had the time for the one Bud got from me, she willl make it no doubt/

Nitch Tree Talkin Shorty

Old Post 07-14-2012 03:48 PM
redpower is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redpower Click here to Send redpower a Private Message Click Here to Email redpower Find more posts by redpower Add redpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Deuce pup

I heard from Johnny Williams to day. He put a NTCH win on Copper last nlght.He said it wasn't purdy, but Cop stayed out of trouble and did his job. Good work Johnny.

Old Post 07-15-2012 10:35 PM
jguilliams
UKC Forum Member

Don, I saw the two pups that Bud Hood had in Brazil. I know he had the one he hunted on Thursday night and the other one as well. I understand these are the litter mate to Mantis. I can't wait to see her go. I understand you have been putting wood time on her. I was looking forward to getting her while we were in Indiana but will have to wait a few more weeks till she makes it to Va.

Old Post 07-16-2012 02:27 AM
jguilliams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jguilliams Click here to Send jguilliams a Private Message Click Here to Email jguilliams Find more posts by jguilliams Add jguilliams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Jason
Those two pups Bud had there are litter mates to Mantis. Mark Marshell and Dutch Harvey own a litter mate her also.
Mantis is very well started, she hunts out good. She is a strike dog. She is as trashy as they come. She is a little loose on the tree. But if she is sure there is a coon there she will lay the hammer down. I am sure you will like her. She should be farther along than she is, but my plate is tooo full. I have to many young dog to do any of them justic. My work load has been very heavy for the last sevsral months too.
I think she will make a top hound for you guys if yall can put the time into her.
Mantis and I will see you a AO.
Thanks for the post.

Old Post 07-16-2012 03:44 AM
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Deuce pups

Well Musicmaker is just starting to show some what. She is due 8/6/12.
Also Bob Lewis from Sparkman AR called me the other day. He said his female had caught. She is due around 8/12/12. She is a very nice little female.She can smoke a track and has a good voice. I will try and get her Ped posted in a few days.
We didn't have a lot of luck getting our females bred this spring and summer. All of them where late coming into season. Tina was going out and wouldn't stand by the time I got her here.
And K just didn't cycle right. She started in but that was it.
I hope Tina and K will come in this fall like they are suppose to. We will see.

Old Post 07-18-2012 10:22 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I took Bear out for a swimming lesson last night. On the first drop I had to help him over the side. On the second drop I had to hold him back until I could get him unsnapped.

Old Post 07-26-2012 06:07 PM
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Bear,(Zypher)

Thanks for the pictures and the update on that pup. I hope you are happy with him.
Keep us posted buddy.

Old Post 07-26-2012 11:59 PM
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Deuce

This is a picture of Dan, at 13 months. Dan has a 2nd and a 4th in ukc hunts. He has also picked up a few bucks from the other guys.

Dan comes by way of GRNTCH DEUCE X NTCH MUSICMAKER.
There ain't many out breed any better than he is.

Old Post 08-02-2012 06:30 PM
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Deuce pups

These little guys should be some good ones. They are from Bob Lewis's female Dixie. Im not sure how many of them are left to sell. Give Bob a call 1-870-818-1161.
Also there are a couple more crosses in the making that should be good as well. I will keep yall posted.
It ain't been a good year for Jason and I as far as raising pup goes. We own three nice females that have thrown some nice pup from Deuce. But we ain't got a pup as of yet. Timing is everything. LOL we have been out of time so far. But we will see what the future hold fo us.
We had hoped to make it up to AO, but that plan has fallen apart too. Work, time, and money seams to cramp our style these days.
Good luck to all you that do make it to AO.

Old Post 08-15-2012 10:58 PM
redpower
UKC Forum Member

Don

I will call u Mon. and let u know what day I will have Sister down for that date with Deuce. Think this will be a real nice cross.

Nitch Tree Talkin Shorty

Old Post 08-19-2012 04:46 PM
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Date

That's fine, I'm sure Deuce will be up to the task.
I think it will be a good cross as well.

Old Post 08-19-2012 07:43 PM
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

PUPS

Bob Lewis has two male left. Deuce X Dixie.

Old Post 08-24-2012 11:19 PM