UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 1st Time for Everything
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dixiedog
UKC Forum Member

1st Time for Everything

My buddy, my son and myself went hunting tonight before the next round of bad weather comes in. His dog made a tree and as we were walking in, spotted the coon. After we got all the way to the tree , I told him it kind of looked like there were 2 coons up there. We shot and needless to say there was 2 up there. I would say a boar and a sow. It was the boar that we rolled out and I would say he was reproducing. Left the sow to continue her thing. These 2 were mounted up while out on a tree branch.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-19-2019 04:24 AM
dixiedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dixiedog Click here to Send dixiedog a Private Message Click Here to Email dixiedog Find more posts by dixiedog Add dixiedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

What a way to go!

Old Post 01-19-2019 04:46 AM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I had a first time deal last night. It's only took 47 years of hunting and I've been to the woods a few times. To put it in perspective, I'm pretty sure I've averaged 200 nights per year x 2 miles each night, 400 miles per year, that's 18,800 miles of walking. Thats a few trips across the nation. Five trees per night that's 47000 trees so a first covers a lot of territory. My pretty honest and fairly straight 2 yr old hound bayed a beaver in a small stream.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 01-19-2019 05:39 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

I had a real nice blue hound back in the late 70s that caught a beaver in a watery ditch. Quite a battle for sure.

Old Post 01-19-2019 12:43 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I hope that you waited until he was finished before you knocked him out.

Old Post 01-19-2019 05:01 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Saw dogs get a otter bay away from creek one night. Wasnt much of fight before dogs decided they didnt want to fight.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 01-19-2019 05:05 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wadepardue
UKC Forum Member

I had a young dog that was trailing a coon along the edge of a beaver pond one night when I heard a short fight start, soon afterwards the pup ran up with a large otter following him...Before I could get my wits together and get my riffle loaded he was gone...

Old Post 01-19-2019 06:38 PM
wadepardue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wadepardue Click here to Send wadepardue a Private Message Click Here to Email wadepardue Find more posts by wadepardue Add wadepardue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

We had 3 dog get otter bay night I'm talking about. They still couldn't do nothing with it. Funny how a straight old dog will run trash they dont normally see. I go white river refuge ever year. See lots old dog run hogs down there.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 01-19-2019 07:41 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunts

Lol. I once treed a coon and as I was looking at the coon, I saw a wild turkey moving it's head up and down, never even flew out of the tree. That was the first and last time I ever saw a coon and turkey in the same tree. Lol. Dave

Old Post 01-19-2019 10:23 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I have treed a coon in the same tree as turkeys. Also a slick tree with turkeys. Had a fella in a hunt attempt to plus a Turkey. Lights weren't all that good and it was a tall tree.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 01-20-2019 12:43 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J&C5891
UKC Forum Member

When I was in high school I was huntin a nice older female and a young dog about 10 months old. Cut loose they get deep I can hear them come treed. We drive around walk into the "tree" turns out they had a big bull elk bayed up in a beaver pond. That was quiet a sight to see..

Jacob Cox
606-269-1062

After Dark Kennels
Home Of

GRNT' Jrs Janey
(Xjr x Insane Jane)

GRNT Trackman's Stylish Witch
(Trackman x Witchcraft

GRNT' Lonetree Style Legend
( Nocturnal Style x Southern Sky)

NTCH' Jessie Jane(2wins)
(Insane Cain X Chloe Cheyenne)

After Darks Jan-It
(Sweat It x Jr's Janey)

Itsy Bitsy Spider
(Honey Creek Spider x Jr's Janey)

Old Post 01-21-2019 01:10 AM
J&C5891 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J&C5891 Click here to Send J&C5891 a Private Message Click Here to Email J&C5891 Find more posts by J&C5891 Add J&C5891 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote