UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunting Alone
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JAK
UKC Forum Member

Hunting Alone

How many of you guys hunt alone most of the time?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-16-2018 12:44 PM
JAK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAK Click here to Send JAK a Private Message Find more posts by JAK Add JAK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

I do

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 08-16-2018 01:02 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
I do

That's because your cranky lol.

Tar

Old Post 08-16-2018 01:03 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

I hunt alone all the time.Only time I don't is when I go to a hunt.

Old Post 08-16-2018 01:06 PM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I do but the conditions have gotten so bad here because of the rain lately. Instead of going alone and then calling someone to come pull me out. We just go in pairs. But when things get better I will be back out there alone. Thing is, I have a partner that I have really enjoyed hunting with now but working pups you need to be alone.

Old Post 08-16-2018 01:08 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
That's because your cranky lol.

Tar

And my dogs are mean lol

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 08-16-2018 01:17 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

90%of the time

Old Post 08-16-2018 01:33 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Alone

99% of the time unless my 10 year old son goes with me.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 08-16-2018 01:55 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

I do about 75% of the time. I like to buddy hunt but its hard to get together on different schedules.

Old Post 08-16-2018 02:04 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DKIPP
UKC Forum Member

99%+

I'll hunt with someone about 1 night a year. The rest is by myself.

Old Post 08-16-2018 02:37 PM
DKIPP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DKIPP Click here to Send DKIPP a Private Message Find more posts by DKIPP Add DKIPP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildcat3
UKC Forum Member

I hunt alone more times than not.

Old Post 08-16-2018 02:43 PM
wildcat3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat3 Click here to Send wildcat3 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildcat3 Find more posts by wildcat3 Add wildcat3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

In the last 8 years , I probably hunt alone about 60% of the time.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 08-16-2018 02:55 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunting

I used to hunt a lot by myself, [ just me and GOD ], still like to go some by myself, but have a hunting buddy that wants to hunt every night and I don't get to hunt much by myself. I really love the serenity of hunting alone and listening to my dog/s. Dave

Old Post 08-16-2018 03:07 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

I hunt alone 95% of the time. Always have.

Old Post 08-16-2018 03:17 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

very seldom anymore. At 78 soon to be 79 don't feel comfortable in many places my dog ends up treed.

Old Post 08-16-2018 03:24 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dennis McCoy
UKC Forum Member

I hunt by myself 99% of the time. I use a walking stick to use as a depth finder and stability in the swamps. I always have my cell phone in my pocket as well.

Old Post 08-16-2018 05:04 PM
Dennis McCoy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis McCoy Click here to Send Dennis McCoy a Private Message Click Here to Email Dennis McCoy Find more posts by Dennis McCoy Add Dennis McCoy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAK
UKC Forum Member

I hunt about 50/50. I hunt a lot with my brother and a buddy but I do love the peaceful and serenity of being out there alone sometimes. It’s nice at times to go out and not have to talk and BS but rather just enjoy the quietness of the night. Of course the nights I go alone I have the best dog work lol.

Old Post 08-16-2018 06:09 PM
JAK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAK Click here to Send JAK a Private Message Find more posts by JAK Add JAK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Last year I only hunted with company 1 night. The night of our clubs annual buddy hunt.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 08-16-2018 06:17 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I will hunt alone for months at a time, then I may hunt with a buddy or 2 for a few weeks , then back to alone for extended periods of time.

Old Post 08-16-2018 07:29 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trkrmsy
UKC Forum Member

Other than very few nights in kill season I hunt by myself.
There's just not many people that coonhunt around here anymore and it's hard to get the same nights free to go with the few that still do hunt.
I know it's dangerous but it's just easier to go by myself that way I can go when and wherever I want and stay out as long as I want.

Old Post 08-16-2018 09:04 PM
trkrmsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trkrmsy Click here to Send trkrmsy a Private Message Find more posts by trkrmsy Add trkrmsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

I hunted at least 5 nites a week this summer and besides on casts, I can count on one hand how many times I hunted with someone else all summer long!

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Old Post 08-18-2018 03:57 PM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

alone

I hunt alone most of the time but recently have a buddy that goes with ne usually 1 nite a week.

Old Post 08-18-2018 05:47 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lipperman22
UKC Forum Member

99% of the time

Old Post 08-18-2018 06:29 PM
Lipperman22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lipperman22 Click here to Send Lipperman22 a Private Message Click Here to Email Lipperman22 Find more posts by Lipperman22 Add Lipperman22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

I hunt by myself a lot, my dogs are so sorry, nobody will hunt with me.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 08-18-2018 06:48 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Hunt alone 90% plus. Have a friend that goes when his health will let him but not often. Wish I had a younger (I'm 69) guy close who liked to hunt. Some places I hunt very little do to them being pretty rough and I'm not really comfortable hunting them by myself. Got two of the nicest dogs I've ever had but I'm sure they don't compare to the dogs I read about on here. But seldom have a night I don't see a coon and don't hunt but about 2 hours during summer. Finding places to hunt is getting more difficult.

Old Post 08-18-2018 09:19 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote