UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Nite Hunt Question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
drake regan
UKC Forum Member

Nite Hunt Question

What can be done if you win a cast and make it back to the club by the deadline and no one is there?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-17-2018 01:47 AM
drake regan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drake regan Click here to Send drake regan a Private Message Click Here to Email drake regan Find more posts by drake regan Add drake regan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

I would like an answer to this question also.
I asked that same question years ago and never got an official reply right here on this board.Sometimes I feel like I get ignored. Anyone that doubts me I will go and find it if it is still on here.

I got back to a club with a good score.I had the cast that had gone the furthest. Deadline was 4am.Got back at 3:05am
All the trophies had been handed out.Walked in the door and the MOH was within a few feet of walking out the door.He actually argued that my cast had already came and gone.And he personally knew one of the cast members and was going call him the next day to make sure my score was legit. Really??I came within minutes of reaching a closed up club house.

I know another guy came back to a closed up lights out club with the MOH standing by his vehicle.MOH took the score card said he would call the cast winner the next day.Never did get his first place he should have gotten.Filed a complaint and was told he should had filed it the night of the hunt.HUH!!!How can you file a complaint when no one is there and in the latter case the MOH is shooing the guy away??? Twist his arm?? Stand in front of his truck???

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Old Post 08-17-2018 02:16 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Nite Hunt Question

quote:
Originally posted by drake regan
What can be done if you win a cast and make it back to the club by the deadline and no one is there?

Call UKC Field Operations Department on Monday morning.

Seems odd that an Event Official would leave before the deadline.

Pat, the situation, as described in your last paragraph, makes zero sense. A compliant should have been considered had that been the case. You sure that wasn't the allegation but was found to have some holes in it? Otherwise, it makes no sense.

If it's something that happened prior to 2005 then I can't speak for UKC.

Old Post 08-17-2018 03:44 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

If it's something that happened prior to 2005, the same logic applied.

Old Post 08-17-2018 04:06 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I got cheated in 1979 and I want something done about it !!

Tar

Old Post 08-17-2018 04:32 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar

Tar

Tar forget it !! think of how many you say you have cheated !! still don't break even !!

Old Post 08-17-2018 05:12 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
Tar forget it !! think of how many you say you have cheated !! still don't break even !!

I think the statutes of limitations done run out on me I am innocent until proven guilty lol.

Tar

Old Post 08-17-2018 05:52 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar

Tar

That is the funniest thing you have ever posted on here.

-2004 PKC Youth World Hunt, 3rd place
-2005 UKC PA State Overall Show Champion
-2007 UKC Youh National Hunt, 3rd place

-PKC Silver Ch, GRNTCH 'pr' Tree Stalkins Stylish Striker

Old Post 08-17-2018 06:51 PM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Re: Re: Nite Hunt Question

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Call UKC Field Operations Department on Monday morning.

Pat, the situation, as described in your last paragraph, makes zero sense. A compliant should have been considered had that been the case. You sure that wasn't the allegation but was found to have some holes in it? Otherwise, it makes no sense.

If it's something that happened prior to 2005 then I can't speak for UKC.

Like I wrote it darn near happened to me .I was minutes away.So It could happen.

On the second situation.I previously owned the dog that I am referring to . The complaint was typed and filed by me by e-mail on behalf of the complainant with all the particulars. He called me 4 in the morning telling me all about it. So I know word for word what I was told to write on his behalf in the complaint . I am pretty sure of all the details. Unless the MOH was not truthful and it was chosen to believe his version of events.
I also know I was told the MOH wanted this guy to roll over and let another dog that was owned by a friend of his win that night .You see this was a 2 night hunt and he had gotten a first place Friday on a different dog. The MOH was not to happy with him for refusing to give away a cast win.
I was later told by him that only thing happened . MOH was told don't do it again.Also that he needed to file a complaint on the night of the hunt .I am not sure who handled it up there. I really seem to remember it was you Allen. It was about 6 years ago give or take.(I can provide MOH,club,dogs name/ ukc #, and complainant name)

This dog did end up with 3 more first place wins .So all water under the bridge now.
The whole conversation really is about what to do about this situation of everyone being gone so I prefer to stick with that question .

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 08-17-2018 at 08:01 PM

Old Post 08-17-2018 07:44 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Nite Hunt Question

Trust me Allen , it happened(s).....especially if your an "out of state" hunter ....

Old Post 08-18-2018 03:46 AM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote