UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > !!!---Two Questions---Laser Torch Pro & Beep Beep Systems ---!!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

!!!---Two Questions---Laser Torch Pro & Beep Beep Systems ---!!!

Does anyone still use the Original Laser Torch Pro---No Color ?
If so, how do you like it compared to the more Modern Lights ?

Also.....does anyone still use the Old Beep Beep System as their Main Tracker, not as a Backup.

Thanks
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-10-2020 07:56 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Equipment

The reason I am asking, I know an Old Guy that bought a Laser Torch Pro 8 years ago and he uses it 4-6 nights per week, especially during Coon Season. He has never had a problem with this light other than losing the Charger and having to Buy another and afterwards he found the Original Charger....LOL
He hunts as much as anyone I know and averages 150 to 200 Coons per Season. He has 2 Dogs, a Walker Male & a Bluetick Female. He still uses the Old Beep Beep Tracker.....But only when he actually needs it.....Not just to be looking at it.

It made me stop and think about things a bit. He has Plenty of Money to Buy anything he wants, But chooses to use these items. He even has an old Wooden Homemade Dog Box that he built out of Marine Wood and its a Nice Box that serves his needs.

I just thought that 8 years out of a Light and still going....WOW...!!!
I told him there are other Lights that are brighter and have up to 3 Colors.......He said, Yes I heard about those and when his Laser Torch goes bad he might look into them....LOL....😁😁

Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 10-10-2020 10:22 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim

Lol. I have all the latest and supposedly best equipment you can get and I do enjoy these things. Saying that, I hunted for years without all this new equipment and enjoyed my hunting just as much then as now. Really all of the joy in hunting comes down to how good the dogs you are hunting are, a sorry dog is still a sorry dog no matter what equipment you have. I can say that I could do away with most of the new equipment, but the Garmin tracker and it just provides me peace of mind while hunting. Most of the other new equipment is just icing on the cake and I could do without it, but it's nice to have. Dave

Old Post 10-11-2020 01:55 AM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wmink
UKC Forum Member

I started years ago carrying a kerosene lantern to walk with, and a six cell Dynalite from Bill Boatman to shine with. Nothing to track the dogs with except my ears. That old kerosene lantern sure helped keep the hands warm too!!

Old Post 10-11-2020 02:25 AM
wmink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wmink Click here to Send wmink a Private Message Click Here to Email wmink Find more posts by wmink Add wmink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Wmink

Carried a lantern many nights as a young boy, the men used carbide lights,but would not let us boys use carbide light as they were afraid we would set the woods on fire. I used to go on hunting trips in my twenties, no tracking or shocking collars and never worried about losing my dogs. Today, I would not think of turning one of my dogs loose without my Garmin tracking collar. Things were much simpler back in the day, now it's a job to keep up with all of our equipment, chargers and the like. Truth is that we made do with what we had and didn't have, but some of this new stuff sure makes life easier. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 10-11-2020 at 03:52 AM

Old Post 10-11-2020 03:45 AM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gcblues
UKC Forum Member

Laser torch

I’ve had a labor torch light for years ,very durable but I grew tired of the flip up defuser. I like new light better.

Old Post 10-11-2020 04:01 AM
gcblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gcblues Click here to Send gcblues a Private Message Find more posts by gcblues Add gcblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Laser torch

quote:
Originally posted by gcblues
I’ve had a labor torch light for years ,very durable but I grew tired of the flip up defuser. I like new light better.

Which New Light you have now ?
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 10-11-2020 06:46 AM
Andy Bedgood
UKC Forum Member

Have both the original Laser torch and the one with colors. Still mostly use the older one more than the one with color. BTW, still use my Marshall beep beep system as much or more than I use my Garmin.

Old Post 10-11-2020 12:46 PM
Andy Bedgood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Bedgood Click here to Send Andy Bedgood a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Bedgood Find more posts by Andy Bedgood Add Andy Bedgood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

I still have a lasor torch light just the clear lens in it and I still have the tracker system had to use it a couple weeks ago my garmin messed up I will say this it was weired goin back to the old beep beep but it worked just fine

Old Post 10-11-2020 01:08 PM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Tracker.....

I am like Dave Richards, dont think I could turn a Hound lose without a GPS on it. So much easier to use than the Beep Beep.
I still think its Awesome some are still using them though.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 10-11-2020 01:25 PM
gcblues
UKC Forum Member

Laser torch

Triple K my new light is a Boss . The other thing I like about the Boss is the switch is on the head. I’ve gotten use to it and it’s easy reach.

Old Post 10-13-2020 02:33 AM
gcblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gcblues Click here to Send gcblues a Private Message Find more posts by gcblues Add gcblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Lol

Still Have my original Laser Torch Pro.
Gets used around the house and whenever somebody goes along with me.
Bought the Torch Pro with color and still use it.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 10-13-2020 02:24 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lol

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
Still Have my original Laser Torch Pro.
Gets used around the house and whenever somebody goes along with me.
Bought the Torch Pro with color and still use it.

Thanks for the Feedback
Have you seen the New Ones from Laser Torch.....The Flamethrower and Flamethrower Lite ?
Everyone seems to like those, especially the Lite Version.
I had a couple different Laser Torch Color Plus Lights and they were Good Dependable Lights but were too Front Heavy for me.
I think Laser Torch Lights are some of the most Dependable long lasting Lights out there today.

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 10-14-2020 04:15 PM
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

I still have both, the old light is tough as a boot had new batteries put in it good as new. The old beep beep still works also. BUT I have a bright eyes lite and a Garmin. That I use also

Old Post 10-14-2020 05:01 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote