UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > AGM 125M 384 Thermal
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

For you guys using the AGM TM 25 what mode do you use it in. White/hot, black/hot, White/Red hot?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-16-2020 07:33 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Results

Ok I thought I should report my experience with this thermal. First, I was a little disappointed. I was hoping for something that I could just look at the tree and see if a coon was anywhere up there but it doesn't quite work like that. Also for me (old guy) there was a little learning curve in what to look for. Sometimes what you first see won't be much more than the green plus sign flickering in the same place, then you will begin so see more. Counted a few trees at the beginning as slick because I didn't know to look longer at these places. Also depending on the circumstance you may see a little or a lot. Sometimes when I could only see a little I can move to another view and see more.

Second just because you can't find anything with the thermal doesn't guarantee there is not a coon. If he's behind enough leaves or a large part of the tree you may miss him. Again you can see the coon from one side of the tree and not at all from the other, so if you can't really see the tree you may miss him.

Third, I have found coon in trees where I could not find coon with a squaller and light. Still have lots of leaves on here. (They are going away today with wind and rain). Even found one in a hollow tree because there were two small holes below the entrance and the heat was coming out of them. Sure I can't prove that was a coon but there was something there.

Fourth, I would buy it again in a minute. Two many trees I would have walked away from not knowing that I have found the coon. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old Post 10-26-2020 05:01 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Tom that’s about what I’ve found... it’s not bullet prof butt it’s something I didn’t have before... I’ve found that some conditions play a role also... misty rainy weather makes it much harder also. U can still see but the images are not nearly as sharp.

Old Post 10-26-2020 05:53 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Wondering what people are using to carry this thermal?

Old Post 10-27-2020 07:16 PM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
Wondering what people are using to carry this thermal?
I put mine in the water bottle pouch on my vest, it fits perfect with the buckle snapped over top of it and it will not fall out as long as the buckle is snapped.

Old Post 10-29-2020 05:26 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BLAKE WHEELER
I put mine in the water bottle pouch on my vest, it fits perfect with the buckle snapped over top of it and it will not fall out as long as the buckle is snapped.
Blake its good fit..We sold a pile of the water bottle holders to put on a belt pouch also at the Pkc world for thermals..

Old Post 10-30-2020 01:10 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Ok I'm very interested in knowing what settings you guy's are using. High contrast, med contrast or low contrast? Also what color palette? I've been using red hot mode. Just wanting to get everything I can out of this. Thanks for any responses.

Old Post 11-03-2020 05:17 PM
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

Preacher Tom,
One feature of the thermal that I love most people are not using is linking it to your phone. You may have tried it, but if you haven't, it is awesome. So you download an app and link the AGM, and whatever the Thermal shows is what shows on the phone in live view. It is incredible to stick in a den tree and move around, looking for a coon. We have all tried sticking phones inside a den with little to no luck. However, when you watch a live view with the thermal, it is spot on, and you see everything for the most part. It is also pretty awesome when I am using it, and my buddies can see what I see when we are shinning a tree. If you haven't tried it, then you are missing out.

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 11-06-2020 02:30 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Prime Time 29
Preacher Tom,
One feature of the thermal that I love most people are not using is linking it to your phone. You may have tried it, but if you haven't, it is awesome. So you download an app and link the AGM, and whatever the Thermal shows is what shows on the phone in live view. It is incredible to stick in a den tree and move around, looking for a coon. We have all tried sticking phones inside a den with little to no luck. However, when you watch a live view with the thermal, it is spot on, and you see everything for the most part. It is also pretty awesome when I am using it, and my buddies can see what I see when we are shinning a tree. If you haven't tried it, then you are missing out.

Okay now im interested... What APP is it?!