UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > tt15 vs. 15 mini
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lking
UKC Forum Member

tt15 vs. 15 mini

Anyone notice much of a difference in range between a normal 15 and a 15 mini? Going to purchase a new collar shortly and would prefer the smaller size but don't want to sacrifice range on my bear hounds. Advice?

Thanks!

Les King

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-14-2019 07:23 PM
lking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lking Click here to Send lking a Private Message Click Here to Email lking Find more posts by lking Add lking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

I'd like to know that too.

Old Post 02-14-2019 08:16 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cry Tough Blues
UKC Forum Member

Re: tt15 vs. 15 mini

quote:
Originally posted by lking
Anyone notice much of a difference in range between a normal 15 and a 15 mini? Going to purchase a new collar shortly and would prefer the smaller size but don't want to sacrifice range on my bear hounds. Advice?

Thanks!

Les King

I noticed a big difference on my deer dogs.

Old Post 02-14-2019 08:26 PM
Cry Tough Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cry Tough Blues Click here to Send Cry Tough Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Cry Tough Blues Add Cry Tough Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Stinnett
UKC Forum Member

I have both.

It seems to me that the big collar get a longer distance.

That's really the only difference I have seen.

Coon Hounds
Lake Village, IN
Cell: 219-712-4281
Email:jstinnett@upgen.us

*******HOME OF**********

PCH.GRCH. BRIAR BUSTEN SKEETER - BEAGLE
PCH. GRCH. BRIAR BUSTEN TRIXIE - BEAGLE
STYLISH BO - TREEING WALKER
CH.S&S BLUE BONNIE - BLUETICK
SPORTMIX DOG FOOD FED & RECOMMENED

Old Post 02-15-2019 12:24 AM
Jim Stinnett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Stinnett Click here to Send Jim Stinnett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Stinnett Visit Jim Stinnett's homepage! Find more posts by Jim Stinnett Add Jim Stinnett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I haven't seen any difference in mine.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 02-15-2019 02:49 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

No difference in mine. Been over 6 miles with a mini and never lost signal, Garmin only claims 4 miles.

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 02-15-2019 03:59 AM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsOlMander
UKC Forum Member

i noticed a difference in distance between the full size and mini. not a huge difference but there is one.

i also notice on a big dog the tree switch isn't accurate as with a smaller dog i guess because they werent intended for use on big dogs- more geared for beagles/feists/ect

- In Loving Memory of -
DEEP SPRINGS BLACK MAX
&
LEVIS SOUTHERN BLUE DOC

Old Post 02-15-2019 06:52 PM
ItsOlMander is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsOlMander Click here to Send ItsOlMander a Private Message Find more posts by ItsOlMander Add ItsOlMander to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

If they were the same why would Garmin make both?

Old Post 02-15-2019 07:25 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rebeldog4
UKC Forum Member

Mini has a way shorter battery life.had 2 they have other issues also.they are junk

Old Post 02-16-2019 04:02 AM
Rebeldog4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rebeldog4 Click here to Send Rebeldog4 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebeldog4 Add Rebeldog4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

I have 4 of the minis. Bought them when they 1st came out. Had the regular TT15's before that. Had one of the mini's die after 4 yrs. of use. Could have had it repaired for $100 from DU Hound Supply. Chose to trade it in instead. My old collar and $100'put me in a new one. I've had basically zero issues with mine. Most people I know that have had issues has been because they haven't stayed current on the updates when they come out. Good system in my book. I started with the DC-30's and upgraded when new ones have come out. Great product. If it wasn't their wouldn't be as many systems in use as there is.

Old Post 02-16-2019 05:19 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

I’ve had bothe mini and regular.. the mini definitely doesn’t have the range or battery life the regular has, it’s been perfectly fine though for coonhunting. I do not know for sure how well they would do bear hunting though, I would be concerned though the range might not be good enough for being used on bear dogs

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 02-19-2019 05:31 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lking
UKC Forum Member

Thanks!

Thanks for all the input. Sticking with normal 15. Much obliged.

Old Post 02-20-2019 02:15 PM
lking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lking Click here to Send lking a Private Message Click Here to Email lking Find more posts by lking Add lking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote