UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > covid virus
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Fireballs
Banned

covid virus

Its no fun, That I can guarantee. Im sick!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-14-2020 02:13 AM
Fireballs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fireballs Click here to Send Fireballs a Private Message Click Here to Email Fireballs Find more posts by Fireballs Add Fireballs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

hope you the best of luck and a speedy recovory

Old Post 09-14-2020 02:25 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Josh /Wife

Praying for both of you to recover soon. Dave

Old Post 09-14-2020 04:09 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

How are you and your wife doing?

Old Post 09-15-2020 08:45 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fireballs
Banned

She is doing better and Im getting worse, thanks for asking

Old Post 09-16-2020 11:38 AM
Fireballs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fireballs Click here to Send Fireballs a Private Message Click Here to Email Fireballs Find more posts by Fireballs Add Fireballs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy212
UKC Forum Member

Prayers for you and your wife. I haven’t had it but two members of my close family has. I can only imagine the misery you are in take care

Old Post 09-17-2020 03:46 AM
Andy212 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Andy212 Click here to Send Andy212 a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy212 Find more posts by Andy212 Add Andy212 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy212
UKC Forum Member

Prayers for you and your wife. I haven’t had it but two members of my close family has. I can only imagine the misery you are in take care

Old Post 09-17-2020 03:46 AM
Andy212 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Andy212 Click here to Send Andy212 a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy212 Find more posts by Andy212 Add Andy212 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Fireballs
She is doing better and Im getting worse, thanks for asking

I hope you are taking zinc, vit C, vit D and a good antibiotic to help prevent secondary infections that lead to pneumonia.
I've had several family members that have had it and all even those that weren't just asymptomatic have came through fine without hospitalization. Wish you were closer and I would do a vitamin porch drop off. I also had my brother do steams with mint from the garden and some essential oils it did help open his airways and make breathing easier.
Get well soon!

***you should all be taking zinc, vitamins C & D(especially if you work indoors). These also help with the upcoming cold and flu season. Zinc has been proven to shorten and lessen colds and many studies it is being effective when used in combination with certain drugs to combat the coronavirus. Vitamins C & D are essential to our overall immune system. For you allergy sufferers - grow mint next year! Find a little spot to plant but be warned it will take over that area. It works great on sinus congestion. Boil a pot of water crush up a hand full of leaves and put a towel over your head to trap the steam. Have a box of tissues handy though. You can add eucalyptus oil and or lavender.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-17-2020 07:18 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Take good care of yourself JWD. Keep us updated

Old Post 09-17-2020 11:05 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Covid 19 is a bad virus to catch...I take a high doses of vitamins D3 and C...I also take zinc in low doses but am prepared to increase it if needed...
I also have Hydroxychloroquine if a family member shows symptoms of Covid 19...I have read that Quercetin works like hydroxychloroquine...it is natural and it is made from fruits and plants...my plan was to use that before I acquired Hydroxychloroquine...

Hydroxychloroquine is fairly priced and easy to get if your doctor will prescribe it to you...a doctor told me if I came down with Covid 19 to take one pill in the morning and one in the afternoon for 5 days...but it works best in the early stages...

This illness seems to affect men more than women...I sure don’t want to catch it but I am prepared...

Hoping you get well soon...

Old Post 09-18-2020 07:20 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Reuben
Covid 19 is a bad virus to catch...I take a high doses of vitamins D3 and C...I also take zinc in low doses but am prepared to increase it if needed...
I also have Hydroxychloroquine if a family member shows symptoms of Covid 19...I have read that Quercetin works like hydroxychloroquine...it is natural and it is made from fruits and plants...my plan was to use that before I acquired Hydroxychloroquine...

Hydroxychloroquine is fairly priced and easy to get if your doctor will prescribe it to you...a doctor told me if I came down with Covid 19 to take one pill in the morning and one in the afternoon for 5 days...but it works best in the early stages...

This illness seems to affect men more than women...I sure don’t want to catch it but I am prepared...

Hoping you get well soon...

My vitamin C has quercetin.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-18-2020 08:28 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

Be careful with hydroxychloroquine. The FDA revoked it as a suitable medication for covid after clinical trials.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safe...ital-setting-or

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Old Post 09-20-2020 02:34 PM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

My wife has been on it for at least 2 years without issues...
The FDA approved it for other illness since the 1970’s...
I just wonder how many of the 200,000 folks that died of Covid 19 in the United States would be alive today if they were put on the concoction...

Old Post 09-20-2020 03:32 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Reuben
My wife has been on it for at least 2 years without issues...
The FDA approved it for other illness since the 1970’s...
I just wonder how many of the 200,000 folks that died of Covid 19 in the United States would be alive today if they were put on the concoction...

Correct they have approved it for other things, they just no longer approve it as a treatment for covid.

Here is their recent update...

"...June 15, 2020 Update: Based on ongoing analysis and emerging scientific data, FDA has revoked the emergency use authorization (EUA) to use hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat COVID-19 in certain hospitalized patients when a clinical trial is unavailable or participation is not feasible. We made this determination based on recent results from a large, randomized clinical trial in hospitalized patients that found these medicines showed no benefit for decreasing the likelihood of death or speeding recovery. This outcome was consistent with other new data, including those showing the suggested dosing for these medicines are unlikely to kill or inhibit the virus that causes COVID-19. As a result, we determined that the legal criteria for the EUA are no longer met. Please refer to the Revocation of the EUA Letter and FAQs on the Revocation of the EUA for Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate and Chloroquine Phosphate for more information..."

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Old Post 09-20-2020 05:53 PM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkwoods
UKC Forum Member

Be safe! It’s bad! My wife and myself both got it. I thought I was going to lose her!

I will praise the Lord who guides me; yes,
during the night I reflect and learn.

Old Post 09-22-2020 02:25 AM
Darkwoods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darkwoods Click here to Send Darkwoods a Private Message Find more posts by Darkwoods Add Darkwoods to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fireballs
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Darkwoods
Be safe! It’s bad! My wife and myself both got it. I thought I was going to lose her!
Me too my wife is 100 percent now and im about 80 percent mine was no worse than a bad cold tho.

By the way folks they just tell you you have it and to stay home you dont get any medicine.

Old Post 09-22-2020 01:39 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

JMO

Older 62yr old friend of mine who is also diabetic....just got over it.
His family Doc treated it like the Flu. w/Z pack.
Still felt 'sick'.Sent him to health dept. to be tested.Came back Positive after dealing with it on his own and w/Z pack only.

Doc told him ; "don't panic and believe what news says.Covid has been around long time.Take Vit D,Zinc and let Z pack run it's course.'
2 weeks he's all better

Weird thing to me in all that was,if it's SOOOO contagious why didn't his wife ever get it sleeping 2 ft from him.Sharing everything in their house,no masks,touching same things too? Or their 2 kids who come over all the time,touching,breathing everything in same house?

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 09-22-2020 03:17 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Re: JMO

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
Older 62yr old friend of mine who is also diabetic....just got over it.
His family Doc treated it like the Flu. w/Z pack.
Still felt 'sick'.Sent him to health dept. to be tested.Came back Positive after dealing with it on his own and w/Z pack only.

Doc told him ; "don't panic and believe what news says.Covid has been around long time.Take Vit D,Zinc and let Z pack run it's course.'
2 weeks he's all better

Weird thing to me in all that was,if it's SOOOO contagious why didn't his wife ever get it sleeping 2 ft from him.Sharing everything in their house,no masks,touching same things too? Or their 2 kids who come over all the time,touching,breathing everything in same house?

Yea this is a very unusual virus...that’s why I wonder if it was man made... I recently retired from the Prison system. We had one facility that had over 400 test positive... about 50% of the inmates housed there.... crazy thing was only 2 of the 400 were actually sick... this taught me a lot about Covid......not nearly as bad as the media has portrayed it to be... however if you are one of the 2 that get sick it’s bad stuff.

Old Post 09-22-2020 03:35 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: JMO

quote:
Originally posted by JB Cobb
Yea this is a very unusual virus...that’s why I wonder if it was man made... I recently retired from the Prison system. We had one facility that had over 400 test positive... about 50% of the inmates housed there.... crazy thing was only 2 of the 400 were actually sick... this taught me a lot about Covid......not nearly as bad as the media has portrayed it to be... however if you are one of the 2 that get sick it’s bad stuff.

That's crazy.Friend of mine works at local prison.Bn there 25 yrs.
Said they has 400 pos tests.Few got sick.Then prison hospital admin got to looking into Pos cases health records.All that had tested pos had a Flu shot sometime in their past.
Next time the 'testers' came back........0 pos results.Don't make sense since it's so deadly and contagious in the confined space?They weren't even allowed outside!!

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 09-22-2020 04:23 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote