UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Attention Kellam, Allen/ukc!!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
L. Poe
UKC Forum Member

Attention Kellam, Allen/ukc!!!

Ok so that title was just to get everyone to open the thread. 😁

I'll post a picture when I figure out how again 😒, but my news is:

Lakota Poe is graduating the basic training portion of his army OSUT as a Calvary Scout at Ft Benning Georgia next week (9/17/2020). If anyone who knew us when he was little would like to write him and congratulate him his address is

Pvt Lakota A Poe (rn435)
C troop, 2nd squadron, 15th Calvary Regiment
4th platoon
FT Benning, Ga, 31905

please be advised that due to covid 19 these kids don't get mail very fast, and their graduations don't incude family days. They will in all likelihood graduate the AIT portion in 13 weeks and go on to permanent duty stations with no leave.

birthplace of UKC WORLD SHOW CHAMPION CINDERELLA

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-10-2020 09:18 PM
L. Poe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for L. Poe Click here to Send L. Poe a Private Message Click Here to Email L. Poe Find more posts by L. Poe Add L. Poe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

L Poe

Congratulations on your graduation, Thank you for your service to our Country. Dave

Old Post 09-10-2020 09:23 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Awesome!!! Thank you for your service!!!!!

Old Post 09-10-2020 10:44 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lonesomedog1
UKC Forum Member

Congrats young man!!

Old Post 09-11-2020 12:43 AM
lonesomedog1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lonesomedog1 Click here to Send lonesomedog1 a Private Message Find more posts by lonesomedog1 Add lonesomedog1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

I can see why you are proud of him Larry. I will get a card sent. He has my respect and my thanks.

Old Post 09-11-2020 12:04 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
L. Poe
UKC Forum Member

Thanks everyone. Really proud of this kid and his choice in MOS. As a forward observer those nights walking through the woods in the dark will come in handy 😏.

One of the things he's always been the proudest of is his coonhunting competition roots.

Btw KELLAM I was supposed to tell you that you and Allen aren't off the hook yet. He still hasn't forgotten his bench show challenge against ya when he was 5 😂😂

Old Post 09-11-2020 05:02 PM
L. Poe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for L. Poe Click here to Send L. Poe a Private Message Click Here to Email L. Poe Find more posts by L. Poe Add L. Poe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Sent

Old Post 09-18-2020 01:55 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
L. Poe
UKC Forum Member

Awesome. He will get a kick out of that. Graduation went as good as it could with no family days or anybody being allowed to be there in person. It was videocasted and the boys had the weekend with their phones. Started AIT today and I'm kinda jelious tbh 😂😂. The Bradley fighting vehicle they train with has a 120mm bushmaster cannon 🙂. A freakin 120mm cannon🙂.....

Old Post 09-21-2020 09:48 PM
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Congrats young Man and thank you for your service....stay safe and be safe!

Old Post 09-21-2020 11:57 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
L. Poe
UKC Forum Member

Todd,

I just recieved a letter from 'Kota saying he had recieved your card. The UKC emblem really touched him 🖒. So much that he sent it home for "safe keeping", to ensure he had it as a keepsake when his training is done. Thank you for making my soldiers day 😁.

He also reported they had been training with various launchers from grenades to the javelin, whose rocket costs a quarter of a million dollars 😵 .... that's one biggggg expensive firecracker 🙂

Old Post 10-05-2020 05:57 PM
L. Poe
UKC Forum Member

I'd post some training pictures, but no idea how anymore 😒

Old Post 10-05-2020 05:59 PM
L. Poe
UKC Forum Member

Graduation is later today, Dec 10. Lakota has officially passed the 22+ week (22 plus covid quarantine and reception) Calvary Scout OSUT (one station unit training, aka basic + ait). He is a U.S. Army Calvary Scout 🤗

Old Post 12-10-2020 07:29 AM
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

Re: Attention Kellam, Allen/ukc!!!

quote:
Originally posted by L. Poe
Ok so that title was just to get everyone to open the thread. 😁

I'll post a picture when I figure out how again 😒, but my news is:

Lakota Poe is graduating the basic training portion of his army OSUT as a Calvary Scout at Ft Benning Georgia next week (9/17/2020). If anyone who knew us when he was little would like to write him and congratulate him his address is

Pvt Lakota A Poe (rn435)
C troop, 2nd squadron, 15th Calvary Regiment
4th platoon
FT Benning, Ga, 31905

please be advised that due to covid 19 these kids don't get mail very fast, and their graduations don't incude family days. They will in all likelihood graduate the AIT portion in 13 weeks and go on to permanent duty stations with no leave.

That is where my son graduated,, he’s in the National Guard,, we had all flights booked and other resorvations then it got canceled,, so we had to watch the graduation on line,,, good luck buddy

Old Post 12-10-2020 10:01 AM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by L. Poe
Graduation is later today, Dec 10. Lakota has officially passed the 22+ week (22 plus covid quarantine and reception) Calvary Scout OSUT (one station unit training, aka basic + ait). He is a U.S. Army Calvary Scout 🤗

My sincere congratulations to
Lakota, very proud of him. Dave

Old Post 12-10-2020 05:12 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
L. Poe
UKC Forum Member

I'll forward the congrats guys. He is going to be stationed at Ft Riley ks, so only a few hours from home. Getting Xmas block leave so still at Benning until Dec 18th, when we pick him up at the airport for the 2 week leave.

Old Post 12-11-2020 07:18 PM