UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > .22 Rifle
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

.22 Rifle

What's everyone hunting with these days? Kill season has just opened here and I was looking at getting something I could be a little more accurate with and also something that is easy (easier) to pack through the woods.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-20-2016 05:48 PM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

Re: .22 Rifle

quote:
Originally posted by buchcoonhunter
What's everyone hunting with these days? Kill season has just opened here and I was looking at getting something I could be a little more accurate with and also something that is easy (easier) to pack through the woods.

I carry a Savage Rascal because it's about as small and light weight as your ever going to find and it is absolutely accurate enough to knock a coon out of a tree but I have to admit none of those small youth model guns are exactly what you'd call "tac drivers" but myself I'll give up a little accuracy for something a little easier to tote around.

Old Post 10-20-2016 05:54 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hopm
UKC Forum Member

If you want accuracy and light weight get a CZ Scout. I put all my other 22's up when I got the Scout. It's a a youth gun that is an absolute TACK Driver when compared with any other!!

Old Post 10-20-2016 06:07 PM
hopm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hopm Click here to Send hopm a Private Message Find more posts by hopm Add hopm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fdcooner
UKC Forum Member

I carry a Taurus Tracker 22 revolver. Its got a 6 in barrel that makes for good accuracy, adjustable bright orange sights, 9 rd capacity. It gets the job done good. And I can switch to a 22 magnum cylinder if I want or even shoot shorts or CBs out of the LR cylinder.

GrNiteCh Allbees Little Ace
PR Gypsum Creek Shinin Red Ruby
PR Gypsum Creek Red Woody(Direct son of CedarValley Woodpecker)

Old Post 10-20-2016 07:36 PM
fdcooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fdcooner Click here to Send fdcooner a Private Message Click Here to Email fdcooner Find more posts by fdcooner Add fdcooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DRhodes
UKC Forum Member

I bought my daughter a Marlin xt-22yr. It's a youth model bolt action with a 7 shot clip and the Marlin version of the accutrigger.

Old Post 10-20-2016 07:49 PM
DRhodes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRhodes Click here to Send DRhodes a Private Message Find more posts by DRhodes Add DRhodes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I'd guess that there are more Ruger 10/22's carried by coonhunters than all the rest combined. Down the road, the Ruger American will prolly push the 10/22 in popularity if not surpass it.

A friend of mine has a customized 10/22 with a suppressed barrel, expensive but definately the ultimate coon rifle. And legal in Indiana.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 10-20-2016 08:08 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

Marlin .22 magnum

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 10-20-2016 08:16 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dave01
UKC Forum Member

SAVAGE RASCAL WITH CRICKET SCOPE VERY DEADLY WITH 22 REM SUB SONIC AMMO

Old Post 10-20-2016 08:28 PM
dave01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dave01 Click here to Send dave01 a Private Message Click Here to Email dave01 Find more posts by dave01 Add dave01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Ruger 10/22.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Last edited by HOBO on 10-20-2016 at 11:39 PM

Old Post 10-20-2016 08:52 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

I use a single shot daisy. Yes they did make them. lol

Old Post 10-20-2016 09:33 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

I bought a marlin model 60 I think 20 yrs ago for $30 from a guy. Slap a scope on it. Sighted it in. It's been dead on ever since. Looks like pure crap but It's not in any beauty contests.

Old Post 10-20-2016 09:41 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

I use the Thompson Center Hot Shot, 22. It is light like a chipmunk, or cricket, but much better made and much more accurate.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 10-20-2016 10:03 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BuckHicks
UKC Forum Member

30 year old Chipmonk with 4 power scope. No problems killing coons.

Old Post 10-20-2016 11:18 PM
BuckHicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BuckHicks Click here to Send BuckHicks a Private Message Click Here to Email BuckHicks Find more posts by BuckHicks Add BuckHicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Hotshot is the real deal heard last year they weren't making them anymore but don't know this to be fact !!but like mine you can load with gloves on and one shot is all you need !

Old Post 10-21-2016 01:02 AM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

a Winchester model 67 boys rifle w/open sights for 42 yrs so far.
still drill a chipmunk at 60 yards.

Last edited by toe cutter on 10-21-2016 at 01:17 AM

Old Post 10-21-2016 01:14 AM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hickorynutharry
UKC Forum Member

Nylon 66

Old Post 10-21-2016 01:17 AM
hickorynutharry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hickorynutharry Click here to Send hickorynutharry a Private Message Click Here to Email hickorynutharry Find more posts by hickorynutharry Add hickorynutharry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
littlereb
UKC Forum Member

10/22

Skibo Branch Kennels
American Leopard Hounds
Deyo Southerland
Wallace, NC
Charles Southerland
Wilmington, NC

Johnson's Camo Bull Lea
Skibo Branch Buckshot
GRCH 'PR' Skibo Branch Nite N Gale
CH Skibo Branch Elly May
Skibo Branch Stormy

910-617-7310
littlereb1@yahoo.com

Old Post 10-21-2016 02:16 AM
littlereb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for littlereb Click here to Send littlereb a Private Message Click Here to Email littlereb Find more posts by littlereb Add littlereb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ndm
UKC Forum Member

Ruger Mark III 22/45

With a Redfield counterstrike (red dot and Lazer) in a shoulder holster.

Old Post 10-21-2016 02:43 AM
ndm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ndm Click here to Send ndm a Private Message Click Here to Email ndm Find more posts by ndm Add ndm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mark nethery
UKC Forum Member

Marlin single shot

Use a youth model marlin single shot with Redfield 4 x if they look you can shot their eye out.stainless steel one piece walnut stock. I used it for twenty years!

Home off
SUPER STAKES SIRE
UKC DNA Profiled
GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Cutter (Grch GrNtCh Crows an Grants Cutter x GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Hope )
At stud.300 negative Brucellosis

Pr Trick Magic Dixie ( GrchGrntch2 Charley Creek Big Mike x Grch GrNtCh Trick Magic Trudy)

PR Git Ryght Ryta. (GrNtCh Kant Git Ryght x GrNtCh Magic Style Dolly )

Pr Stylish Cutter Jr ( GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Cutter x Pr Trick Magic Dixie sister t Bad Butch )

Semen stored at Peewee valley
Grntch Stylish Hammer is a 2019 UKC preformance sire. DNA profile in UKC and PKC see stud dog page for ad on GrNtch Stylish Hammer 👍🇺🇸

Old Post 10-21-2016 02:46 AM
mark nethery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mark nethery Click here to Send mark nethery a Private Message Find more posts by mark nethery Add mark nethery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
moonshine man
UKC Forum Member

i use one of the first run crack shots they made , i bought it new when they come out its been a good gun an i like the rolling block style of them , a little sharps ..

Old Post 10-21-2016 05:19 PM
moonshine man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for moonshine man Click here to Send moonshine man a Private Message Find more posts by moonshine man Add moonshine man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Ruger SR 22 handgun. Great trigger, very accurate and weighs nothing.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 10-21-2016 07:21 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Marlin papoose. 2 1/2 pounds. Very accurate. More so than my dog.

Old Post 10-21-2016 07:30 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Nylon

Nylon 77 clip feed if you can find one. My first 22 seems scope weighted more than gun and it would take a beating.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 10-21-2016 08:48 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr taylor
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by hickorynutharry
Nylon 66

That is what i use to, Nothing compares to them .

Old Post 10-21-2016 09:45 PM
mr taylor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr taylor Click here to Send mr taylor a Private Message Find more posts by mr taylor Add mr taylor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve pickett
UKC Forum Member

MOSSBURG 702 PLINKSTER

Old Post 10-21-2016 11:29 PM
steve pickett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve pickett Click here to Send steve pickett a Private Message Visit steve pickett's homepage! Find more posts by steve pickett Add steve pickett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote