UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Busher Bred Mountain Curs ?
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

I was just wondering, you made the comment you didn't have a Streak dog on your place. I thought if that one was there and if you didn't consider that a Streak dog then there were many more busher dogs out there in some opinions.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-11-2014 06:01 PM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by hoover72
Mr jt I don't have a streak dog on the place but I would say ole streak pretty much saved the ombca! Weather you want to believe it or not!

he may have saved the O M C B A , but he almost single handedly destroyed the original mtn cur dogs.why cut your nose off to spite your face.
by the way are you mr. Jimmy Hoover's gr. son. he was a great man in my opinion.
look on the streak post on this site, i'm not a streak hater, just hate he was reg. as an omcba cur at 2 different times I owned 2 direct sons a nd a couple of gr. daughters of ol streak. one gr. daughter died here .the others didn't stay long as I sold them real quick.lol
HAD a bri. daughter of streak jr & georgette big gyp 55-60 lbs.
wonder where that size came from.

Pound Va

Ph: 276-796-5321

i'm drinking from my saucer
cause my cup has overflowed

Old Post 01-11-2014 10:18 PM
oldman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldman Click here to Send oldman a Private Message Click Here to Email oldman Find more posts by oldman Add oldman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hoover72
UKC Forum Member

Mr jt I respect your opinion but how can you say that when what has been put in the busher dogs!? Do you think they are pure? Ole streak is not any different than than any other cur in my honest opinion, he did a lot of winning and any time someone is successful people are going to run you down! If Mr hoover was alive today he would tell you that streak and Mr Carl smith saved our club!! Even though he wasn't a streak fancier jimmy loved the club and those ole curs more than most realize! When Mr Smith took over our club was very close to going under! I know this as fact! He said many many times Carl saved our club from folding! A lot of people don't realize what all Carl and jimmy did to save our club! So if our club had failed we most likely wouldn't have busher dogs or any others my whole point in all of this is enjoy our club breed and hunt what you like a don't be so quick to judge! I'm done with this let's all just get along! God bless

Old Post 01-12-2014 02:00 AM
hoover72 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hoover72 Click here to Send hoover72 a Private Message Click Here to Email hoover72 Find more posts by hoover72 Add hoover72 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

sorta reading between the lines now, seems like when mr kemmer & his friends left the omcba may have hurt omcba more than anyone would like to admit.
mr Hover check out the streak post if you haven't already, I personally don't have anything against streak. he produced a lot of good dogs regardless of what he was bred to. he was a freak of nature in his reproducing abilities. course like all good studs he had his share of sorry dogs also.my main complaint on streak was & is I don't think he should have been reg as an omcba cur dog.
now we have been having what I & others have thought was a friendly discussion on the two post, I don't think anyone has been mad or angry.I have gotten several phone calls & emails from folks saying they have enjoyed them. just now got another one tonight.
remember a lot of guys just now getting into sq dogs whether fiest or curs are limited in what they know about these dogs.my dogs might not please you or anyone other than I. They please me & that is all that matters. have a good day & enjoy your dogs.

Pound Va

Old Post 01-12-2014 02:37 AM
oldman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldman Click here to Send oldman a Private Message Click Here to Email oldman Find more posts by oldman Add oldman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

No, what hurt the OMCBA was what they tried to do to Peanut Beaty, he jerked a knot in their tail. That was why they got in a pinch. And guess what, yep they cleared that up in typical OMCBA style, under the table.

There were certain people in the OMCBA that played a big part in clearing that up. And they carried a tremendous amount of power behind the scenes as long as they wanted to.

Last edited by nccatfisher on 01-12-2014 at 02:57 AM

Old Post 01-12-2014 02:53 AM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nccatfisher
No, what hurt the OMCBA was what they tried to do to Peanut Beaty, he jerked a knot in their tail. That was why they got in a pinch. And guess what, yep they cleared that up in typical OMCBA style, under the table.

There were certain people in the OMCBA that played a big part in clearing that up. And they carried a tremendous amount of power behind the scenes as long as they wanted to.

Tim I plum forgot about peanut, maybe we should start a post discussing his & huntsman's line of ol tyme mtn cur dogs.
mr beaty & mr kemmer both were very good to me several yrs. ago
would you trust me to bring one of your favorite stud dogs home for 2-3 mo. both of those guys did when they barely knew me.

Pound Va

Last edited by oldman on 01-12-2014 at 03:06 AM

Old Post 01-12-2014 03:03 AM
mikes
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by oldman
Tim I plum forgot about peanut, maybe we should start a post discussing his & huntsman's line of ol tyme mtn cur dogs.
mr beaty & mr kemmer both were very good to me several yrs. ago
would you trust me to bring one of your favorite stud dogs home for 2-3 mo. both of those guys did when they barely knew me.

I think a lot of us would like to know more about them

Old Post 01-12-2014 03:09 AM
mikes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikes Click here to Send mikes a Private Message Click Here to Email mikes Find more posts by mikes Add mikes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

I never knew Peanut that well. Woody I do know quite well. I never met Robert.

But to answer your question no, if I didn't know you well I would not let you leave with a valuable dog of mine. I will say I did send a very green just barely started female to a fellow that I never laid eyes on, we had only spoken on the phone and .net, to hunt for me just because he was getting back into dogs again. He needed something to hunt and I needed one hunted.

She made the best female combo dog I have ever owned and he is a cherished friend now.

Those guys you spoke of came from a time when your word was bond. Boy times sure have changed now and not for the better.

Old Post 01-12-2014 03:21 AM
mharris
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mikes
I think a lot of us would like to know more about them

Old Post 01-12-2014 03:26 AM
mharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mharris Click here to Send mharris a Private Message Click Here to Email mharris Find more posts by mharris Add mharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

Mr hoover i disagree 100 % with your statement and ive argued this for years.... if you take ten different breeds of dogs and come up with a new line and after several generation s breed the line to one of the ten parts you started with , you have ruined or destroyed what you started with . Thats not my opinion thats a fact. Im not arguing about streak , i have no clue about him but these dogs should be bred to preserve what those old fellers put their hearts into years ago , thatsjust my opinion.

Old Post 01-12-2014 05:38 AM
tn russ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tn russ Click here to Send tn russ a Private Message Click Here to Email tn russ Find more posts by tn russ Add tn russ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

So jt whats your steak jr theory? Your killing me lol

Old Post 01-12-2014 05:39 AM
tn russ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tn russ Click here to Send tn russ a Private Message Click Here to Email tn russ Find more posts by tn russ Add tn russ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

This ought told be good. LOL

Old Post 01-12-2014 06:53 AM
skeeterhawk7
UKC Forum Member

To All LOL

I personally don't know a thing about Streak other than I've been told by serveral he was a Good dog and reproducer, don't know how he's bred or nothing, I for one don't like a hoot about out crossing any huntin dog like say a Cur to a hound or whateve, as was stated in a remark here already, keep all breeds including our OMCBA Curs lines as Pure as possible, why undo what these old timers tried to keep pure in our breed or breeds years ago ? Just my thoughts on the whole picture :-)

Old Post 01-12-2014 01:08 PM
skeeterhawk7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeeterhawk7 Click here to Send skeeterhawk7 a Private Message Click Here to Email skeeterhawk7 Find more posts by skeeterhawk7 Add skeeterhawk7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

Hoover , i re read your post and you said something completely opos..... different from what i thought you said...... and you are right , he has , streak, been put into busher lines. Annnnd they seem to cross well. My apologies sir.

Old Post 01-12-2014 01:40 PM
oldman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tn russ
So jt whats your steak jr theory? Your killing me lol

tn russ, someone else gonna have to take the bull by the horn if this one gets anywhere.
Iwill say from calls & emails i've recieved everyone agreed with my opinions. this wasn't started to cause any trouble. personally I feel like it has been a good discussion carried on in a friendly way. as some has stated they didn'tknow either way. how can anyone learn about these ol mtn curs if no one ever says anything.
I don't have all the omcba yr. bks, wish I did, but I have a pretty good collection. a while back I offer them for sale on s d c.
now I'M glad no one bought them.

Pound Va

Old Post 01-12-2014 09:12 PM
oldman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nccatfisher
I never knew Peanut that well. Woody I do know quite well. I never met Robert.

But to answer your question no, if I didn't know you well I would not let you leave with a valuable dog of mine. I will say I did send a very green just barely started female to a fellow that I never laid eyes on, we had only spoken on the phone and .net, to hunt for me just because he was getting back into dogs again. He needed something to hunt and I needed one hunted.

She made the best female combo dog I have ever owned and he is a cherished friend now.

Those guys you spoke of came from a time when your word was bond. Boy times sure have changed now and not for the better.

TIM, the satan dog was one from MR BEATY, I was able to buy him after MR BEATY passed away & as you know I changed his name to sampson.
MR KEMMER let me bring one of his 7/8 gold nugget home & keep him for a while. this was when there were only four 7/8 gold nuggets.
and Robert wouldn't let just anyone have that bloodline. but for what ever reason he later gave the dog to me.
I will always be grateful for what those two did for me.
MY DAD TAUGHT ME when you look a man in the eyes & shake their hand you did what you said you would do. IF a mans word is no good, there isn't anything left. jmo.
everyone have a nice evening & safe hunting.

Pound Va

Old Post 01-12-2014 09:27 PM
hoover72
UKC Forum Member

I said that I wouldn't comment on this any more but I will say this, you can't determine anything on size a lot of people want to bring size up I have a cur right now 2half years old cold waterbubba, king power ball babe ect on top,Beaty walkers buck trump ect on the bottom no streak period he might weigh 35lbs and he's yellar! Go figure

Old Post 01-12-2014 09:42 PM
hoover72 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hoover72 Click here to Send hoover72 a Private Message Click Here to Email hoover72 Find more posts by hoover72 Add hoover72 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

that is why I mentioned on another post occasionally you will get a small true cur type dog but not like what happened in recent yrs.
I saw a kemmer cur one time win a treeing contest. everyone thought way a puppy. it was a grown gyp.
any way that is why there is more than one brand of automobile out there. have a good day. been a ford man most of my life, now got a chev. truck & a toyoto van lol.

Pound Va

Old Post 01-12-2014 10:14 PM
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

No such dog as King's Powerball Babe.

Old Post 01-12-2014 10:16 PM
hoover72
UKC Forum Member

Well first off how do you know?do you know every dog that has ever been registered? no you don't! But that's not what was meant sorry teacher I didn't punctate I was referring to huntsman king and champs powerball babe! I was just taking short cuts!I'm done!

Old Post 01-12-2014 10:37 PM
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Well first off how do you know?do you know every dog that has ever been registered? no you don't! But that's not what was meant sorry teacher I didn't punctate I was referring to huntsman king and champs powerball babe! I was just taking short cuts!I'm done!
Because I know the man that owned the dog personally, knew the dog and every dog in my kennels go back to them. Plus I do have a fairly good knowledge of the busher dogs. Not just a skimmed over version while I was drinking the Kool Aid of the saviors of the OMCBA like you obviously were.

Old Post 01-12-2014 10:49 PM
hoover72
UKC Forum Member

That's not the point! I could name my dog river road grizz and you would never no it! You just want to get on here and run anyone down who doesn't agree with you or who doesn't hunt busher dogs! Good bye my cool aid is getting warm

Old Post 01-12-2014 11:01 PM
odg
UKC Forum Member

treeing cur guys should stay out of the pure bred topic

Old Post 01-12-2014 11:12 PM
odg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for odg Click here to Send odg a Private Message Click Here to Email odg Find more posts by odg Add odg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
odg
UKC Forum Member

treeing cur guys should stay out of the pure bred topic

Old Post 01-12-2014 11:12 PM
odg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for odg Click here to Send odg a Private Message Click Here to Email odg Find more posts by odg Add odg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

quote:
That's not the point! I could name my dog river road grizz and you would never no it! You just want to get on here and run anyone down who doesn't agree with you or who doesn't hunt busher dogs! Good bye my cool aid is getting warm
Yes you could name your dog that but you could not register it that name. So would would be the point?

And you incorrect about the busher dogs. I have friends that have hounds, feist and all breeds of dogs. Busher dogs just happen to be my choice.

Old Post 01-12-2014 11:15 PM