UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Busher Bred Mountain Curs ?
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
skeeterhawk7
UKC Forum Member

Busher Bred Mountain Curs ?

What can anyone tell me about this Cur Line ?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-05-2014 10:35 PM
skeeterhawk7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeeterhawk7 Click here to Send skeeterhawk7 a Private Message Click Here to Email skeeterhawk7 Find more posts by skeeterhawk7 Add skeeterhawk7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

where you been them busher curs have been cussed & discussed for at least a couple mo.

Pound Va

Ph: 276-796-5321

i'm drinking from my saucer
cause my cup has overflowed

Old Post 01-05-2014 10:42 PM
oldman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldman Click here to Send oldman a Private Message Click Here to Email oldman Find more posts by oldman Add oldman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GARNER
UKC Forum Member

Never heard of a it...

Old Post 01-05-2014 10:52 PM
GARNER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GARNER Click here to Send GARNER a Private Message Find more posts by GARNER Add GARNER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeeterhawk7
UKC Forum Member

Oldman

I'm serious, I'm new to the Mountain Cur lines, I've always had and hunted Uchtman line bred Bluetick Coonhounds :-) so any info Busher bred stuff I'd like to hear about !

Old Post 01-05-2014 11:04 PM
skeeterhawk7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeeterhawk7 Click here to Send skeeterhawk7 a Private Message Click Here to Email skeeterhawk7 Find more posts by skeeterhawk7 Add skeeterhawk7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

check out nccatfisher's dogs, sdorton & unless i'm badly mistaken, which I don't think I am, garner has dogs with what is considered busher bred.
most of any of the ol tyme mtn curs before the 80's were consideredbusher bred.the huntsman & beaty & others were busher bred. lots of beatys curs went back to the old busher sam dog which is where the name came from.

Pound Va

Old Post 01-05-2014 11:18 PM
oldman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldman Click here to Send oldman a Private Message Click Here to Email oldman Find more posts by oldman Add oldman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GARNER
UKC Forum Member

The Busher bred dogs I own and have hunted with are Bigger sized dogs... LOUD mouths with tons of hunt and drive... live to please and handle as good as any... Some are open trailing and some do have a bawl mouth, but not all... They will hunt what you put them after and easy to break off what you ain't... All around great line of dogs to hunt...

10 month old pup

Old Post 01-05-2014 11:24 PM
GARNER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GARNER Click here to Send GARNER a Private Message Find more posts by GARNER Add GARNER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GARNER
UKC Forum Member

They coon hunt too...

Old Post 01-05-2014 11:26 PM
show me cur
UKC Forum Member

Nice picture.

Old Post 01-06-2014 12:05 AM
show me cur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for show me cur Click here to Send show me cur a Private Message Find more posts by show me cur Add show me cur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sy Sparks
UKC Forum Member

Busher will be my next one.

Check me out on Facebook

Old Post 01-06-2014 12:09 AM
Sy Sparks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sy Sparks Click here to Send Sy Sparks a Private Message Find more posts by Sy Sparks Add Sy Sparks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

Like Jeremy said they are usually a little bigger and a little louder. It basically boils down to personal preference to what you like. They suit me the best, but they aren't for everyone.

Click on pics. for vids

8 mos old pup

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 01-06-2014 12:27 AM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

looking good tim, as usual lol

Pound Va

Old Post 01-06-2014 12:31 AM
oldman
UKC Forum Member

this is a pic. of the brandy fe. I owned, gr. daughter of spencers me. sam

I really pulled a boo boo that time both pic are of one of my old kemmer curs tn mtn mack. i'll blame photo bucket ha ha
he is about the right size anyway.

Pound Va

Last edited by oldman on 01-06-2014 at 12:41 AM

Old Post 01-06-2014 12:37 AM
oldman
UKC Forum Member

try again,

looks like I may have it this time, brandy gr. daughter to spencers mr. sam
don't think i've posted this one before. I had been sq. hunting late one evening & struck a coon. it was dark beforeI could get to the tree, good thing I carry a lite on my late sq. hunts

Pound Va

Last edited by oldman on 01-06-2014 at 12:53 AM

Old Post 01-06-2014 12:46 AM
GARNER
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Robinson, I like the looks of those dogs!!!

Old Post 01-06-2014 01:08 AM
GARNER
UKC Forum Member

Tim... I could listen to those vids all night!!!

Old Post 01-06-2014 01:09 AM
skeets
UKC Forum Member

i see coon dogs.

Old Post 01-06-2014 01:14 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smallshot
UKC Forum Member

Fine looking dogs Mr. JT.

Old Post 01-06-2014 01:22 AM
smallshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smallshot Click here to Send smallshot a Private Message Find more posts by smallshot Add smallshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
awilson0035
UKC Forum Member

I like mine cause hes a bigger dog, a good mouth, a good nose, and a bulky head. he likes to hunt and loves to find game. mine has a lot of beatys in it and I like what I see so far so I hope iget to get one that has as much in it as possible in the near future...

Old Post 01-06-2014 03:16 AM
awilson0035 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for awilson0035 Click here to Send awilson0035 a Private Message Find more posts by awilson0035 Add awilson0035 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

JT those are some good looking dogs.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 01-06-2014 04:54 AM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
McSquizzie
UKC Forum Member

Awilson, good lookin dog!

Old Post 01-06-2014 04:56 AM
McSquizzie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for McSquizzie Click here to Send McSquizzie a Private Message Find more posts by McSquizzie Add McSquizzie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BulletC
UKC Forum Member

They are

some good looking brindle hounds .

Old Post 01-06-2014 03:44 PM
BulletC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BulletC Click here to Send BulletC a Private Message Find more posts by BulletC Add BulletC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

Re: They are

quote:
Originally posted by BulletC
some good looking brindle hounds .

just what O M C B A dogs before streak about destroyed the bloodlines
thank goodness for a few breeders that didn't drink of that koolaid.

Pound Va

Last edited by oldman on 01-06-2014 at 06:28 PM

Old Post 01-06-2014 05:32 PM
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: They are

quote:
Originally posted by oldman
just what O M C B A dogs before streak about destroyed the bloodlines
thank goodness for a few breeders that didn't drink of that koolaid.

jt are you blaming it all on streak?

Old Post 01-06-2014 05:38 PM
tn russ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tn russ Click here to Send tn russ a Private Message Click Here to Email tn russ Find more posts by tn russ Add tn russ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

nope, just 99 9/10, not all blue came from jukebox or bird dogs, but at least most look like curs..I know there are others of what I call backyard bred but the streak bred dogs were the main reason the bod's voted to change the weight standard so these mini whatever could be reg. as omc ba dogs.there were a few smaller mtn curs before streak but they were few & far between.
I wonder why most of the dogs supposedly out of streak jr & georgetta don't resemble the other streak bred dogs.
another can of worms to open lol.
I had a female a few yrs back out of those two, would have made a good looking busher dog if I had wanted to go that way, I sold her instead. 50-60 lb beautiful brindle cur.I do sometimes wish that I had bred her to the ol spencers mr. sam dog.they would have made some good treeing curs.

Pound Va

Old Post 01-06-2014 06:27 PM
danny681
UKC Forum Member

Those are all nice looking dogs, but i sure like those black ones.

Old Post 01-06-2014 07:10 PM
danny681 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for danny681 Click here to Send danny681 a Private Message Click Here to Email danny681 Find more posts by danny681 Add danny681 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote