UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bruce Garmin Help please
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Garmin Help please

I have an Alpha and it now shows only on dogs name on the compass screen instead of three. I know it has something to do with the size of the name but can't figure out what to change. Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-17-2019 11:26 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Select menu from that page and select small numbers.

Old Post 02-17-2019 11:31 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Also I use a blue color for the track of wherever the handheld goes. It used to always be the primary one that showed if it and the dog tracks were in the same place but now the dog tracks cover it up. Can I fix this?

Old Post 02-18-2019 02:29 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Bruce I can't seem to get to a menu from the compass screen.

Old Post 02-18-2019 02:39 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

When on the compass press the menu bars in the middle of the screen on the bottom. Then you will see small numbers. Touch that

Old Post 02-18-2019 04:09 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Honest Bruce, when I press the bars at the bottom center of the screen my options are Pause all tracking, Running pointers on,Dog list, List sync off, Dogs setup and calibrate compass. I know I have done this before but can't find where to change the numbers size. Thanks for taking time helping me.

Old Post 02-18-2019 01:45 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

.Yadkn tar

You have to push list sync off then press the menu button again. You will see it then.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 02-18-2019 at 04:30 PM

Old Post 02-18-2019 04:25 PM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Bruce that fixed it. You are the best! Now is there any way to control which color will show on top when tracks are stacked?

Old Post 02-18-2019 04:50 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

You kind of have me on the colors being stacked. When your zoom in are they still stacked? I would try that and see. If you want the dog track not to be with yours while your leading a dog. You can stop tracking on that collar and then restart it when your ready to release your dog and his track won't interfere with yours.

Old Post 02-18-2019 05:08 PM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Unless I am mistaken (which is a real possibility) it used to be that when I walked into the dogs on the same trail they had gone down my track would be the one that showed but now whenever I walk where the dogs have been my track is covered and theirs show. When walking out leading a dog now the dog track shows but not mine. It was nice to always be able to follow where I had walked.

Old Post 02-18-2019 05:17 PM
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

Have you changed the color of the dog track?

It seems to me that some colors override others. The red track for me shows up over the green dog track when we are together.

Old Post 02-18-2019 05:34 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Nick B mine is just the opposite, green covers red so I think there must be some way to control it.

Old Post 02-18-2019 05:37 PM
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

Or my memory could be wrong

Ha ha ha. Sorry that was no help. You could also change the length of history that shows for the dog when you are trying to follow your track. Maybe the portion of your track you are hoping to look at will be visible then.

Old Post 02-18-2019 05:56 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I just know that before when I walked in and covered a dog track my track would be the one that was shown but now the dog track will cover mine. I'm sure there is an answer and it is probably user error.

Old Post 02-18-2019 06:06 PM