UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Leon x Speck cross update
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Leon x Speck cross update welped 7/27/17

13 born 13 raised. I think there are 3 that are not getting any work to amount to anything. I have tried to buy a female that is in that group. For some reason cant get it done.There are a lot of good to great reports that trickle back to me on the others. I am pretty sure there will be some of these in the hunts this coming year. There is already 1 Nt Ch. and another with a 1st place win. This litter is scattered throughout the country. Pups in Vermont, Ohio, Georgia, Texas, SC, and Missouri.

Last edited by Ron Jackson on 12-07-2018 at 11:38 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-04-2018 02:26 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cole run
UKC Forum Member

And one in pa he will get pushed hard in the hunts this year Ron I really like him

Old Post 12-04-2018 04:07 PM
cole run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cole run Click here to Send cole run a Private Message Find more posts by cole run Add cole run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAG
UKC Forum Member

Black Ice

quote:
Originally posted by tyman
https://vimeo.com/255186704

Ice is out of the Leon and Blue Creek Speck cross.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve mullen
Video of Black Ice off Leon and Speck

https://vimeo.com/289767437

Last edited by TAG on 12-05-2018 at 03:51 PM

Old Post 12-05-2018 03:43 PM
TAG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TAG Click here to Send TAG a Private Message Find more posts by TAG Add TAG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAG
UKC Forum Member

Nt. Ch. William's Blue Luke

quote:
Originally posted by daryl wyland

Old Post 12-05-2018 03:53 PM
TAG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TAG Click here to Send TAG a Private Message Find more posts by TAG Add TAG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Indian Hills SC Jack

https://youtu.be/fU6UIdt8z1g

Old Post 12-05-2018 04:41 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Star in Georgia owned by Darryl Rhodes

https://youtu.be/bNf43PRe3YY

Old Post 12-06-2018 12:11 PM
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Jay Williams Luke

https://youtu.be/q6G7n5qRTDw

Old Post 12-06-2018 07:02 PM
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Country owned by Harry Koons

https://youtu.be/evRTrBU-wUA

Old Post 12-07-2018 11:28 AM
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Smalls in Georgia owned by Michael Head

https://youtu.be/SeKX5yzrvSA

Old Post 12-07-2018 11:33 AM
Jason Eshbaugh
UKC Forum Member

Black Ice

I've hunted with Ice a few times and he is the real deal. Nick is pounding him in the woods and he will be ready for the hunts in 2019. That cross has a ton of potential and should do wonders to improve the Blue tick world. Good luck and I hope you make it again.

Old Post 12-07-2018 07:15 PM
Jason Eshbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Eshbaugh Click here to Send Jason Eshbaugh a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Eshbaugh Find more posts by Jason Eshbaugh Add Jason Eshbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C&Jbluekennel
UKC Forum Member

It’s another good cross on Leon and I hope it’s made again these pups are the real deal

uchtman blue buck

Last edited by C&Jbluekennel on 12-08-2018 at 05:32 PM

Old Post 12-08-2018 02:08 AM
C&Jbluekennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C&Jbluekennel Click here to Send C&Jbluekennel a Private Message Click Here to Email C&Jbluekennel Find more posts by C&Jbluekennel Add C&Jbluekennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve mullen
UKC Forum Member

Leon/speck cross (Ice)

Tyler and I had the pleasure of working with Ice from the time he was a pup until he went to Nick's house. He is a natural. As with all the other pups off of different crosses with Leon all he really needed was a ride to the woods. He only ever saw one caged coon and I think just a few drags and by the time he was 4 months old he was treeing with and ahead of our old dog (that is our pup trainer now). At that age he would even go with yeti in the range of 900 or more yards. And would also split and hold his own. At this time I'd like to say good luck with him to Nick. I know he's in good hands . We are looking forward to watching his progress in the hunts. Ron, it's my personal opinion that it would be a great idea for all the blue tick people and the breed that if you consider breeding speck again that you opt to repeat this cross. It has turned out to be a great one.

Old Post 12-11-2018 12:39 AM
Steve mullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve mullen Click here to Send Steve mullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve mullen Find more posts by Steve mullen Add Steve mullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

I appreciate the videos sent to me and the comments on this thread about the cross Paul and l made. We felt the cross would line up well when we talked about it. If enough interest would be shown we would consider making it again. Having 13 already out there from the first cross and so many of them progressing as they are is a nice indicator that it is turning out to be a very good cross. How the majority finish is yet to be seen. If someone would be interested in seeing this cross be made again please let me know here or PM me. Thanks Ron

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:09 PM
TAG
UKC Forum Member

Leon X Speck Puppies

Ron....thanks for using Leon in your breeding program. Just wait until next spring....this cross is presently only 16 months old.

PC

Book me a pair out of the next cross!

Old Post 12-11-2018 07:58 PM
Santini 72
UKC Forum Member

Leon X Speck Puppies

Mark us down for a female if one would be available.

Thanx Sandy Roush

Old Post 12-11-2018 08:17 PM
Santini 72 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Santini 72 Click here to Send Santini 72 a Private Message Find more posts by Santini 72 Add Santini 72 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cole run
UKC Forum Member

I want a female too Ron

Old Post 12-11-2018 11:58 PM
cole run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cole run Click here to Send cole run a Private Message Find more posts by cole run Add cole run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob525
UKC Forum Member

I was at blairsville club some years back and a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in a while was telling me about this bluetic he bought and how he operated I kinda laughed before I could get with him to go for a hunt he passed away and I lost track of ole blue till a few years later when all I was hearen about was how tough this bluetic was when I talked to Paul and he told me where he came from all I could think of was how proud Ed would be and what ashame it was I didn't get to hunt with Leon while he was alive been a walker guy most of my days but I'd house ole blue any time! Paul is a class act and Leon's not gonna be around forever so you blueticers better get before it's to late

Old Post 12-12-2018 04:59 PM
Bob525 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob525 Click here to Send Bob525 a Private Message Click Here to Email Bob525 Find more posts by Bob525 Add Bob525 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jritter
UKC Forum Member

I was fortunate enough to sorta raise two of these pups. Both were extremely natural and had the brains to go with it. My only misfortune was letting jack leave my house! Good cross in my mind !

Old Post 12-12-2018 05:49 PM
jritter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jritter Click here to Send jritter a Private Message Click Here to Email jritter Find more posts by jritter Add jritter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Cold Run Blue Yelp In Ohio owned by Ron Jackson

https://youtu.be/uUIA0I6LxyU

Last edited by Ron Jackson on 12-14-2018 at 01:42 AM

Old Post 12-13-2018 03:59 AM
TAG
UKC Forum Member

Leon x Speck

BTT

Old Post 01-04-2019 05:46 PM
Santini 72
UKC Forum Member

Leon X Speck

BTT

Old Post 02-12-2019 07:28 PM
Santini 72 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Santini 72 Click here to Send Santini 72 a Private Message Find more posts by Santini 72 Add Santini 72 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

YELP

Even with all the crappy Ohio coon season weather, Yelp made great strides in the woods this season. He had been held back alittle bit because l was working with another littermate. He has shown to be a fast hunter and a good track dog. Good mouth on track and uses it right. Has a good locate and a nice tree mouth. And when he trees l have seen eyes. Looking forward to my time in the woods with this young dog as spring approaches.

Old Post 02-13-2019 01:58 AM
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

The Star female that is in Georgia got another 1st place couple weeks ago.

Old Post 02-15-2019 05:10 PM