UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Biggest coon!
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

Biggest coon!

What is the biggest coon you have ever seen and weighed. The biggest I've treed and weighed is 18 #'s, but I live in N. Florida. Me and another guy treed one and he took it home- sayed it weighed 25#'s, but I didn't see the scale, so can't vouch for it. HOW 'BOUT IT- What's YOUR BIGGEST?????

No Name Pup #1-(GRNT Zero x GRNT Layla)
No Name Pup #2- ( GRNT Poncho x GRNT Layla)
Casey Bigelow 407-952-0714

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-13-2003 05:41 PM
Casey Bigelow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey Bigelow Click here to Send Casey Bigelow a Private Message Click Here to Email Casey Bigelow Find more posts by Casey Bigelow Add Casey Bigelow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coon dawg
UKC Forum Member

24 1/2 pounds.............

treed in Adams county, Pennsylvania..............near the Gettysburg National Battlefield.

Old Post 08-13-2003 05:48 PM
coon dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon dawg Click here to Send coon dawg a Private Message Find more posts by coon dawg Add coon dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treeingwalker10
UKC Forum Member

38 lbs

killed in craig county west of welch oklahoma .

Old Post 08-13-2003 06:12 PM
treeingwalker10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treeingwalker10 Click here to Send treeingwalker10 a Private Message Click Here to Email treeingwalker10 Find more posts by treeingwalker10 Add treeingwalker10 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coon dawg
UKC Forum Member

Good Gosh................

that's HUGE!!!.congrats!!

Old Post 08-13-2003 06:13 PM
coon dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon dawg Click here to Send coon dawg a Private Message Find more posts by coon dawg Add coon dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bear
UKC Forum Member

25 1/2 EASTERN wv

Old Post 08-13-2003 06:13 PM
Bear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bear Click here to Send Bear a Private Message Click Here to Email Bear Find more posts by Bear Add Bear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Christy
UKC Forum Member

Location: Sylva, North Carolina (the far Western Tip of the State)

28 #'s 3 ozs

Treed and killed right here in Western North Carolina in 1996.

Old blood got that one! The dogs that were hunted were grandpups out of Yadkin River Champ. They were littermates. Copper and Bandit.

Now, I'll tell you, 2 years ago we treed and killed at 26lb coon. It looked like a cub bear sitting in the tree. We had it mounted and is now hanging on our wall!!! It's almost as long as I am tall, but I'm kinda short! But it's still a big coon, anyways.

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Old Post 08-13-2003 06:32 PM
Christy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Christy Click here to Send Christy a Private Message Click Here to Email Christy Visit Christy's homepage! Find more posts by Christy Add Christy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

Big Coon

Neighbor had a pet that tipped the scale at 40 lbs. fattest thing I ever saw. Fed it table scraps and way too may of them !!!!!!!! Wild Coon 22 lbs...

Old Post 08-13-2003 06:49 PM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brad
UKC Forum Member

No wonder some of these dogs are trained to run bear, sometimes they might not know the difference

Old Post 08-13-2003 06:50 PM
brad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brad Click here to Send brad a Private Message Find more posts by brad Add brad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

My biggest one weighed 31 pounds, treed in the Ozark hills of northeastern Oklahoma.

I was one ridge over from Blackfox Holler, the scene of the competition hunt in "Where the Red Fern Grows."

Old Post 08-13-2003 06:53 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAN CAHOY
UKC Forum Member

49 LBS

BELEIVE IT OR NOT......CORN FED SD COON.......BUT OUR AVERAGE BOARS ARE BIGGER THAN MOST I SEEN ON HERE.....CALL ME A LIAR IF YA WANT BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS COME FOR A HUNT....HAVE HAD PEOPLE FROM GA UP TO HUNT AND THEY WOULDNT LET THERE DOGS FIGHT THE COON CAUSE THEY THOUGHT IT WOULD KILL A DOG........I HUNTED ALL OVER THE COUNTRY AND AINT EVER SEEN EM AS BIG AS HERE CEPT MAYBE MN OR WI.......THINK THERE IS A PIC OF 3 COONS ON MY SITE AND THE BIG ONE WAYS 30 AND HE IS BOUT AVE IN THE FALL COME CORN TIME..........
THE 49 LB COON WAS WIEGHED THE MORN AFTER WE GOT HIM....HIS HIDE WAS TANNED AND I GAVE IT TO A FRIEND OF MINE IN MN..............
DAN CAHOY

4 WINS TOWARD GR NT
4 WINS TOWARD GR SH
AND REPRODUCIN!!

Old Post 08-13-2003 07:13 PM
DAN CAHOY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAN CAHOY Click here to Send DAN CAHOY a Private Message Click Here to Email DAN CAHOY Visit DAN CAHOY's homepage! Find more posts by DAN CAHOY Add DAN CAHOY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tracy M. Jordan
UKC Forum Member

biggest

17 pounds, I was 15 years old, just south of Bonifay, Fl. in October, out of a Oak tree eating acorns

Old Post 08-13-2003 08:26 PM
Tracy M. Jordan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tracy M. Jordan Click here to Send Tracy M. Jordan a Private Message Click Here to Email Tracy M. Jordan Find more posts by Tracy M. Jordan Add Tracy M. Jordan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHRIS BATCHELOR
New UKC Forum Member

Re: 49 LBS

quote:
Originally posted by DAN CAHOY
BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS COME FOR A HUNT..........
DAN CAHOY [/B]

19pds10oz Monticello Ga. caught in Murder Creek it would not take a tree man -o-man what a fight

Hey Dan lets go

Old Post 08-13-2003 09:20 PM
CHRIS BATCHELOR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHRIS BATCHELOR Click here to Send CHRIS BATCHELOR a Private Message Find more posts by CHRIS BATCHELOR Add CHRIS BATCHELOR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bigtime
UKC Forum Member

29 pounder then two nights later a 27 pounder in mid fall around vicksburg/schoolcraft, Michigan areas.

Old Post 08-13-2003 09:25 PM
Bigtime is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bigtime Click here to Send Bigtime a Private Message Find more posts by Bigtime Add Bigtime to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redtick
Banned

I have seen a a couple of 25# coon here in Central Illinois. I usually harvest several 20+ # coon every year.

Old Post 08-13-2003 09:37 PM
Redtick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redtick Click here to Send Redtick a Private Message Click Here to Email Redtick Find more posts by Redtick Add Redtick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jesse Bedward
UKC Forum Member

36 pounds opening night oct 15th or so last year...

i have a pic of it that i am going to try to post on here in the morning might need help with it, around 25-30lbs average for here in sw wisconsin late in the year, takes a good coon dog to tackel it 2 good ones to kill it, these little 15 pounders this time of the year crunch up easy for my hounds, they kinda laf at them, they dont get real worked up over them much. my website has some wisconsin coon on them check it out
www.geocities.com\subzero25099

Old Post 08-13-2003 09:39 PM
Jesse Bedward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jesse Bedward Click here to Send Jesse Bedward a Private Message Click Here to Email Jesse Bedward Visit Jesse Bedward's homepage! Find more posts by Jesse Bedward Add Jesse Bedward to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InDeep
UKC Forum Member

33 lbs.

And that was plenty big for me!!!

Have heard of people getting 40lbs.+ coons, man would I love to see one of those in a tree!

Old Post 08-13-2003 11:13 PM
InDeep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InDeep Click here to Send InDeep a Private Message Click Here to Email InDeep Find more posts by InDeep Add InDeep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roby C
UKC Forum Member

Got a 42 prounder last winter. That was the biggest, later same night killed a 32.
Western Oklahoma

Old Post 08-13-2003 11:28 PM
Roby C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roby C Click here to Send Roby C a Private Message Click Here to Email Roby C Find more posts by Roby C Add Roby C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LEE
UKC Forum Member

caught a

40 pounder in a live trap on the bay in spring creek florida and another that was like 25 or 30 pounds both big boars

NTCH PR SHOW BIZ LIZ
NTCH PKC CH PR MIDNITE QUEEN

Old Post 08-14-2003 02:53 AM
LEE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LEE Click here to Send LEE a Private Message Click Here to Email LEE Find more posts by LEE Add LEE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
throwback
UKC Forum Member

A 49 pound coon? Man that thing was bigger than my 5 year old!

I bet the dog looked up in the tree and thought "Oh, Crap, I hope he don't shoot that thing out!"

Another dog told him "well it was your idea, stupid, I wanted to make a quick run on that baby one and go home but nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo! You said, pick this one!"

Throwback

Old Post 08-14-2003 04:22 AM
throwback is offline Click Here to See the Profile for throwback Click here to Send throwback a Private Message Find more posts by throwback Add throwback to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marc Marcure
UKC Forum Member

The biggest was 43# in 1993 alot of 20+ lbs since.

Old Post 08-14-2003 05:42 AM
Marc Marcure is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marc Marcure Click here to Send Marc Marcure a Private Message Click Here to Email Marc Marcure Find more posts by Marc Marcure Add Marc Marcure to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAN CAHOY
UKC Forum Member

CHRIS

COME ON AND BRING YOUR HOUNDS UP THIS FALL WE CAN PLAN A HUNT..........ALWAYS ENJOY MEETIN NEW PEOPLE AND SEEIN DIFFERENT HOUNDS WORK.........JUST LET ME KNOW IN ADVANCE AS IM NOT HOME TOO OFTEN LOL..............
DAN CAHOY

4 WINS TOWARD GR NT
4 WINS TOWARD GR SH
AND REPRODUCIN!!

Old Post 08-15-2003 02:57 AM
DAN CAHOY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAN CAHOY Click here to Send DAN CAHOY a Private Message Click Here to Email DAN CAHOY Visit DAN CAHOY's homepage! Find more posts by DAN CAHOY Add DAN CAHOY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thelawnmasters
UKC Forum Member

My hide buyer had a competition nine years ago here in kansas and my cousin and i won second with 35llb boar. a lady died and after someone else bought the land they let us hunt it and first time we hunted it and caught this big one. Next time we went back we treed little ones. Never have got another big coon out of that draw...

Old Post 08-15-2003 03:33 AM
thelawnmasters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thelawnmasters Click here to Send thelawnmasters a Private Message Click Here to Email thelawnmasters Find more posts by thelawnmasters Add thelawnmasters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTFITKNL'S
UKC Forum Member

32LBS

TREED IN THE BLACKBELT OF ALABAMA.DOGS WHERE ROBINSON'S BUCK&ROBINSON'S ANN.SQUALLED BOUT 5MINS.JUMP OUT OF TREE AND THE FIGHT WAS ON.TREED 12/14/91

Old Post 08-15-2003 11:43 AM
OUTFITKNL'S is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTFITKNL'S Click here to Send OUTFITKNL'S a Private Message Click Here to Email OUTFITKNL'S Find more posts by OUTFITKNL'S Add OUTFITKNL'S to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old ben
UKC Forum Member

Re: 49 LBS

quote:
Originally posted by DAN CAHOY
BELEIVE IT OR NOT......CORN FED SD COON.......BUT OUR AVERAGE BOARS ARE BIGGER THAN MOST I SEEN ON HERE.....CALL ME A LIAR IF YA WANT BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS COME FOR A HUNT....HAVE HAD PEOPLE FROM GA UP TO HUNT AND THEY WOULDNT LET THERE DOGS FIGHT THE COON CAUSE THEY THOUGHT IT WOULD KILL A DOG........I HUNTED ALL OVER THE COUNTRY AND AINT EVER SEEN EM AS BIG AS HERE CEPT MAYBE MN OR WI.......THINK THERE IS A PIC OF 3 COONS ON MY SITE AND THE BIG ONE WAYS 30 AND HE IS BOUT AVE IN THE FALL COME CORN TIME..........
THE 49 LB COON WAS WIEGHED THE MORN AFTER WE GOT HIM....HIS HIDE WAS TANNED AND I GAVE IT TO A FRIEND OF MINE IN MN..............
DAN CAHOY

wow that three coon here

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 07-30-2013 09:37 PM
old ben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for old ben Click here to Send old ben a Private Message Click Here to Email old ben Find more posts by old ben Add old ben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Dailey
UKC Forum Member

55 lbs live trapped with dogs biggest was right at 40

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/cjd_daa/IM000059.jpg

Old Post 07-30-2013 11:03 PM
Chris Dailey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Dailey Click here to Send Chris Dailey a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Dailey Find more posts by Chris Dailey Add Chris Dailey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote