UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Big Country
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

Big Country

I just listened to the pod cast on Big Country. sounds like he is a outstanding hound, I am considering getting another blue tick in the future,
I am sure there are a ton of puppies out of him now, how are they ?
as far as hunting ? mouth ,?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-17-2021 03:29 PM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

Bluetick breeders are not breeding to him?
How come? Seems like a no brainer to me?

Old Post 11-19-2021 10:41 PM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Outback1
Bluetick breeders are not breeding to him?
How come? Seems like a no brainer to me?

If they are in fact not breeding to him, that's a shame. Jealously has put the Bluetick breed in reverse in most cases. Several XBreed out of Big Country doing very good. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 11-20-2021 at 03:43 AM

Old Post 11-20-2021 02:24 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

Why in the world would they be jealous? They should be lining up to breed to him ! If he was a walker he would be bred constantly,
I don’t have a blue tick but I sure would hunt one out of a hound like him

Old Post 11-20-2021 03:39 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Outback1
Why in the world would they be jealous? They should be lining up to breed to him ! If he was a walker he would be bred constantly,
I don’t have a blue tick but I sure would hunt one out of a hound like him

My thoughts exactly, it's known in the Bluetick breed that jealously exists. Dave

Old Post 11-20-2021 03:44 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JLC
UKC Forum Member

big county

look for a puppy for a year.. never could find one... i hunted walkers all my life .. i wanted to try differ. breed... i heard he was real accurate... i live in south carolina..

Old Post 11-20-2021 03:49 AM
JLC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JLC Click here to Send JLC a Private Message Click Here to Email JLC Find more posts by JLC Add JLC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Country

He's bred a bunch of bluetick females around 40 or 50 I think I saw 4 or 5 litters advertised out of him and blue females on Facebook just in the last 2 weeks

Old Post 11-20-2021 01:47 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daniel Donahue
UKC Forum Member

Re: big county

quote:
Originally posted by JLC
look for a puppy for a year.. never could find one... i hunted walkers all my life .. i wanted to try differ. breed... i heard he was real accurate... i live in south carolina..
U didn’t look very hard. I sold 18 this time last yr BC is top notch hound

Old Post 11-21-2021 08:38 PM
Daniel Donahue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel Donahue Click here to Send Daniel Donahue a Private Message Find more posts by Daniel Donahue Add Daniel Donahue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Big Country is breeding alot more bluetick females than you think. You really don't see it because we dont have to advertise yo sell the pups. Most are sold before birth.

Old Post 11-21-2021 11:39 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JLC
UKC Forum Member

big country

i did not mean to up set anyone. because i counld not find a puppy... i guess i should have said.... did not find one in south carolina.... for sale...

Old Post 11-22-2021 01:01 AM
JLC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JLC Click here to Send JLC a Private Message Click Here to Email JLC Find more posts by JLC Add JLC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I have a very nice blue tick female I'm planning to breed to Big Country next week if I can get in touch with his owner.

Old Post 11-22-2021 01:42 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

If I were trying to start a good line of blueticks and wanted to compete with them…I would study the Big Country pedigree…decide which side of pedigree is best and buy a few female pups from that side but also had a few in that breeding from the top side…I would hunt them and breed the best to Big Country or if not available to one of his best sons but only after I studied his dams pedigree…

Once I had the pups I would keep as many as possible to make the final “selections” per the best I have picked at that time…doesn’t mean they are going to be the best dogs one day, but I will select as best I can through observation and testing in trying to have the best one day…

Once the pups have proven themselves I would breed within that family…never chasing the latest and greatest…if I thought I needed new blood I would look long and hard and only add a 50 percent pup back in…that is if I liked the litter and then I would select the best pup from that litter…I would breed that 50 percent pup once into the bloodline and hopefully breed those pups as needed when needed…

Old Post 11-22-2021 02:39 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Big Country

I am really pleased to find out that a lot of Bluetick owners are breeding to Big Country. I have a love for Blueticks that operate like Big Country does. I am to old to train a pup, but I still appreciate a good dog. I hunted the Kelly Bragg stock Blueticks back in my younger days, they made real good coon dogs. Dave

Old Post 11-22-2021 08:18 PM
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

Does anyone know what part of NC that Mr Oxendine lives?
I live in NC as well and wonder how far from me he is .

Old Post 12-29-2021 01:33 AM
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

Does anyone know what part of NC that Mr Oxendine lives?
I live in NC as well and wonder how far from me he is .

Old Post 12-29-2021 01:33 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I have a very nice blue tick female I'm planning to breed to Big Country next week if I can get in touch with his owner.
We got her bred on December 1st.

Old Post 12-29-2021 07:08 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JLC
UKC Forum Member

puppy

i wish you was close to south carolina... how much are you asking for a pup

Old Post 12-29-2021 07:17 PM
ncstatewalkers
UKC Forum Member

I believe he lives in Robeson County which is around Lumberton. That is where the rest of the Oxendines live.

Old Post 12-29-2021 08:30 PM
ncstatewalkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ncstatewalkers Click here to Send ncstatewalkers a Private Message Click Here to Email ncstatewalkers Find more posts by ncstatewalkers Add ncstatewalkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I think Big Country is still in Springfield, Kentucky. That's where he was on December 1st.

Old Post 12-30-2021 12:26 AM