UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Scoring Dogs Treed in a Hole
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Scoring Dogs Treed in a Hole

Dog's A, B, C, and D are declared struck, in that order. Dog's A and B are declared treed, in that order. The five is up. Dog's C and D have not been declared treed.

When the cast arrives, they find all four dogs treeing at a hole in the ground. All dogs are handled. All four handlers see the coon in the hole, that is out of reach of the dogs.

What is the "total score" for each dog, in this situation?

Dog A _____

Dog B _____

Dog C _____

Dog D _____

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-25-2018 03:27 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

A:225+
B.150+
C.50+
D.25+

Old Post 05-25-2018 03:42 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

The key part is "out of reach".
A. 225+
B. 150+.
C.50+
D. 25+

Old Post 05-25-2018 03:44 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Calicooner
UKC Forum Member

🤓

A-225+
B-150+
C-50+
D-25+

Old Post 05-25-2018 03:50 PM
Calicooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Calicooner Click here to Send Calicooner a Private Message Find more posts by Calicooner Add Calicooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cyoung
UKC Forum Member

A.225 plus
B.150 plus
C.50 minus
D.25 minus

Piney Creek Kennel
Pkc ch Grnitch Pr Hardtime Sue
(2018 St Jude 2nd over all hunt winner
High scoring grand nite Friday night
2018 Tennessee state hunt 2nd over all opposite sex winner high scoring grand night Friday night)
2020 Winter Classic overall winner.2nd Friday night 5th Saturday night.

Old Post 05-25-2018 03:54 PM
Cyoung is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cyoung Click here to Send Cyoung a Private Message Click Here to Email Cyoung Find more posts by Cyoung Add Cyoung to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper
B.150+
C.50+
D.25+

X-2

Old Post 05-25-2018 04:05 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoggyBayouBlues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
B.150+
C.50+
D.25+

X2

Old Post 05-25-2018 04:12 PM
LoggyBayouBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LoggyBayouBlues Click here to Send LoggyBayouBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email LoggyBayouBlues Find more posts by LoggyBayouBlues Add LoggyBayouBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davtay_jr
UKC Forum Member

Question

I'm new to competition hunting so this is a great thread.
My question is this, if dogs C & D were not declared treed prior to the 5 minutes being up, how would they get + points?

Old Post 05-25-2018 04:20 PM
davtay_jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davtay_jr Click here to Send davtay_jr a Private Message Click Here to Email davtay_jr Find more posts by davtay_jr Add davtay_jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Question

quote:
Originally posted by davtay_jr
I'm new to competition hunting so this is a great thread.
My question is this, if dogs C & D were not declared treed prior to the 5 minutes being up, how would they get + points?

You do not have to tree a dog in a hole. If they are handled at the hole their strike points are scored.

None of the dogs have to be treed to score it if the majority of the cast agrees they are treed in a hole you can go in and score them, but if any are declared treed you have to wait the five. The ones that are treed in will receive tree points any not treed in will receive strike only..

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 05-25-2018 04:29 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

When I was first starting out and "new to comp hunting", one of the very first things that I did was actually go to a comp hunt and get an extra scorecard with the rules printed on the back. I went home and memorized/learned them. But of course, there was no internet way back then. Back then we also could not wait to get our Bloodlines magazine every month to read the Advisor column. I guess that it is a new world now. It is good to see that the OG guys at UKC are trying to keep up.

Old Post 05-25-2018 04:57 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

yep

Richard !! smoke one and calm down !!lol

Old Post 05-25-2018 05:46 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Carson you are being kind of ...... Blunt........ Aren't you ? Are you saying he might listen to the ......... Doobie........ Brothers from time to time lol.

Tar

Old Post 05-25-2018 05:53 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Carson you are being kind of ...... Blunt........ Aren't you ? Are you saying he might listen to the ......... Doobie........ Brothers from time to time lol.

Tar

Could be !

Old Post 05-25-2018 05:55 PM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
B.150+
C.50+
D.25+

x2

Old Post 05-25-2018 06:04 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cyoung
A.225 plus
B.150 plus
C.50 minus
D.25 minus

i feel this would be a fair way to score it being the other dogs were treed. even though i don't think the rules support it.

Old Post 05-25-2018 06:09 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
i feel this would be a fair way to score it being the other dogs were treed. even though i don't think the rules support it.

I'm curious as to how you came with the rules not supporting it.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 05-25-2018 06:44 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tar, my poor old brain is too foggy already. It sure doesn't need any help. I just wish that I could remember where I put my razor.

Old Post 05-25-2018 07:21 PM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
B.150+
C.50+
D.25+

This is correct

Old Post 05-25-2018 08:27 PM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
I'm curious as to how you came with the rules not supporting it.
well it is a little gray area. i have looked because i recently had this happen. the only thing i could come up with is it's obviously not a tree and so i had to stick with the rules that pertain to holes. that was the best i could come up with but i could be wrong but if i am the rule #'s that apply would be great because all of them would have gray areas to me.

Old Post 05-26-2018 01:34 AM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
well it is a little gray area. i have looked because i recently had this happen. the only thing i could come up with is it's obviously not a tree and so i had to stick with the rules that pertain to holes. that was the best i could come up with but i could be wrong but if i am the rule #'s that apply would be great because all of them would have gray areas to me.

Here is the exact rule that tells you exactly how to score it, it even explains that dogs that were declared treed get their tree points, dogs not declared treed get their strike points.

This is under the heading points will be plus

"3 (b) When dog is declared struck and treed and
coon is seen other than in tree, dog declared
treed to receive strike and tree points. Dogs
not declared treed, strike points only. "

Old Post 05-26-2018 01:45 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

rip

and there it is in black and white.

Old Post 05-26-2018 01:47 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I don't know, looks kinda grey to me.

Old Post 05-26-2018 02:17 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

quote:
B.150+
C.50+
D.25+

This is how I'd score it,

Just waiting for Allen's reply & then I have a what if question.

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 05-26-2018 05:16 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh77
UKC Forum Member

Scenario

What if on a four dog cast all dogs are struck in and 2 dogs tree and 5 minutes are up. Walk in to the tree and all four are there and coon is seen. Do the two dogs not treed in get minused strike and tree points?

Old Post 05-26-2018 09:10 PM
josh77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh77 Click here to Send josh77 a Private Message Find more posts by josh77 Add josh77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Re: Scenario

quote:
Originally posted by josh77
What if on a four dog cast all dogs are struck in and 2 dogs tree and 5 minutes are up. Walk in to the tree and all four are there and coon is seen. Do the two dogs not treed in get minused strike and tree points?

That is a completely different question. If I understand it you are talking about an actual tree right?

If so then NO you do NOT assign tree points to any dog EVER unless it is a slick tree or off game. So NO they do not get minused tree points.

They DO get minused their strike.

I emphasize this because it seems that people mix up assigning points all the time. Treeing but not declared at off game or slick are the only two times you are allowed to assign tree points to minus the dog.

Old Post 05-26-2018 09:32 PM