UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Whats The Best .22 Cal. Pistol For Coon Hunting
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kenny Eads
UKC Forum Member

Ruger MKIII stainless with Crimson Trace laser grips. The very best there is to buy. When I buy I plan on passing it to my kids and you can't go wrong with buying top quality.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-22-2010 05:15 PM
Kenny Eads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenny Eads Click here to Send Kenny Eads a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenny Eads Find more posts by Kenny Eads Add Kenny Eads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Tallon
UKC Forum Member

Heritage Arms with a red dot AimPoint scope.

USAF proud!!! 6 Years active 19 Reserves MSgt (ret) Raven 457
Carpe Nocturnum-Seize the night!

Old Post 01-22-2010 05:46 PM
Randy Tallon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Tallon Click here to Send Randy Tallon a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Tallon Find more posts by Randy Tallon Add Randy Tallon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seven Footer
New UKC Forum Member

Go and buy you a heritage manufacturing 22! I have two of them. For the money they aint a bad gun! At Academy Sports they are 139.00. You can order the 22 mag cylinder from heritage for 30 dollars! Great gun for the money.

Old Post 01-22-2010 06:16 PM
Seven Footer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Seven Footer Click here to Send Seven Footer a Private Message Click Here to Email Seven Footer Find more posts by Seven Footer Add Seven Footer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tyler Vaden
UKC Forum Member

I had a mark III but next time I think I will get a
Charger you can get one for $299.

Last edited by Tyler Vaden on 01-23-2010 at 07:09 AM

Old Post 01-23-2010 07:06 AM
Tyler Vaden is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tyler Vaden Click here to Send Tyler Vaden a Private Message Click Here to Email Tyler Vaden Find more posts by Tyler Vaden Add Tyler Vaden to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riproarinkennel
Banned

Not saying it's the best

but I'll stick with old tried and true.

http://www.myspace.com/janetandbarrymorris

Old Post 01-23-2010 07:19 AM
riproarinkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riproarinkennel Click here to Send riproarinkennel a Private Message Click Here to Email riproarinkennel Find more posts by riproarinkennel Add riproarinkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

mark II with trace lazer grips and combo red/or green dot scope with shoulder holster,,would like to upgrade to the mark III with longer barrell , but cant afford right now,,i have the bigger scope ,helps with weak eyes..

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 01-23-2010 10:12 AM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
P.W. Chapman
UKC Forum Member

I sure wish North Carolina would allow the use of laser sights for hunting...

Old Post 01-23-2010 06:21 PM
P.W. Chapman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for P.W. Chapman Click here to Send P.W. Chapman a Private Message Find more posts by P.W. Chapman Add P.W. Chapman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GYSKENNELS
UKC Forum Member

Up

Old Post 06-04-2018 12:36 AM
GYSKENNELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GYSKENNELS Click here to Send GYSKENNELS a Private Message Click Here to Email GYSKENNELS Find more posts by GYSKENNELS Add GYSKENNELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Pistol

I used to only carry a colt woodsman with a 4.5 inch barrel. I set the sights like this top of front in bottom of rear sight, so I can see what I am shooting. Do not let the sights block what you are shooting at! Practice shooting until you are comfortable in hitting a quarter size target at the desired distance. Like many have said, noise is the only drawback to using a pistol, so the less shots you have to take the better.lol. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 06-04-2018 at 02:01 AM

Old Post 06-04-2018 01:54 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I have a Heritage Single action 22 and 22 mag. Just bought a Ruger Double action 10 shot revolver in stainless, sweet gun.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Last edited by nitehunter2004 on 06-04-2018 at 02:13 AM

Old Post 06-04-2018 02:11 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

Taurus

Taurus 454 ..takes limb n all.

Qualified for UKC World 2017
Won his first 4 Shows in a row
Made Champion at 11 months
Qualified for the Illinois Govenors Cup 2017
Owned & Handled by 10 yr old Lil Darik
Titus has been found!!! 4 hours north of us. Dariks Happy Again!
God Is Great!!

Bradleys Tenacious Super Star
Leons Darkside x Blue Label Lilly
2 Wins towards UKC Show Champion
Owned & Handled by 9 yr old Bradley__________________________
618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet
Hobo Hoss x Kansas Jewell

Old Post 06-04-2018 02:59 AM
B&Ttreed2017 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B&Ttreed2017 Click here to Send B&Ttreed2017 a Private Message Click Here to Email B&Ttreed2017 Find more posts by B&Ttreed2017 Add B&Ttreed2017 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chaz2012
Banned

Re: Taurus

quote:
Originally posted by B&Ttreed2017
Taurus 454 ..takes limb n all.
lol

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Old Post 06-04-2018 03:15 AM
chaz2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chaz2012 Click here to Send chaz2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email chaz2012 Find more posts by chaz2012 Add chaz2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barnescreek
UKC Forum Member

New England single shot .410

Old Post 06-04-2018 04:34 AM
barnescreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barnescreek Click here to Send barnescreek a Private Message Find more posts by barnescreek Add barnescreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

I use a S.& W. 22a with a red dot lazer but it is also loud.

Old Post 06-04-2018 12:24 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Garrison
UKC Forum Member

In 50 years shooting coons out of trees with pistols I finally landed on whats good for me, a smith and wessen 10 shot stainless revolver, with 6 in. barrell. You can shoot any 22 in it but I use the long quiets. Ive had all the autos that have to shoot long rifles and even in season they are just to loud. I have 2 speed loaders for this 10 shot revolver and I can trow 30 shots faster than the auto could.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle
Nite Champion Garrisons Brindle Buckshot HTX
At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Old Post 06-04-2018 01:20 PM
James Garrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Garrison Click here to Send James Garrison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Garrison Find more posts by James Garrison Add James Garrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Todd K / UKC
One of my next gun purchases will be a Browning Buckmark.

you wont be sorry I have had one for decades and its the only pistol I can hit with like iam shooting a rifle....

Old Post 06-04-2018 11:37 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Don't know about "best" but here's what I use.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QhKyDKwqraPaCnIC2

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 06-05-2018 05:20 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jim

Take it out of the holster, I like those grips. Dave

Old Post 06-05-2018 07:31 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GYSKENNELS
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Don't know about "best" but here's what I use.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QhKyDKwqraPaCnIC2

.....what's in the bottles beside the Garmin is that breaking scent

Old Post 06-05-2018 09:22 PM
GYSKENNELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GYSKENNELS Click here to Send GYSKENNELS a Private Message Click Here to Email GYSKENNELS Find more posts by GYSKENNELS Add GYSKENNELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

I use a Smith and Wesson 22s-1 pistol and love it

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Old Post 06-05-2018 10:29 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GYSKENNELS
.....what's in the bottles beside the Garmin is that breaking scent

Speedloaders.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 06-05-2018 11:43 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

I use a Browning Buckmark and it works great.

Old Post 06-06-2018 02:13 AM
Mike Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Reynolds Click here to Send Mike Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Reynolds Find more posts by Mike Reynolds Add Mike Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Pistol

I have s T/C contender G2 match grade barrel [single shot] that shoots one hole groups if you can shoot. You can add barrels as you like for all types of hunting. This setup allows for multiuser just by buying extra barrel/s. Dave

Old Post 06-06-2018 02:40 AM
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

The Ruger mark IV is my next pistol. You dont need to be a gunsmith to take it apart to clean. If we could use buckshot Id carry my Judge..

Old Post 06-06-2018 02:21 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

First off this is not a picture of my pistol. But I do have one just like it with a red dot scope. I find no issues with it other that I found the safety off a time or two. That just taught me not to chamber a shell until I am ready to shoot.

Beretta Neos

I have always like semi auto pistols and rifles for hunting. I find they save me a lot of money from shells being lost. I keep a couple of clips full and that sure helps keep up with shells in the pockets, washing machine, top of the fridge and several different places. I think my wife actually taught me shell management.

Old Post 06-06-2018 03:52 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote