UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunt Time Noted in Note Keeping Box
The amount of hunt time used MUST be noted on the scorecard.
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
True 67 41.36%
False 95 58.64%
Total: 162 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Ole tar is a big dummy but for years he just runs a hunt with no problems and mails ukc a check on Monday and everybody is happy , happy , happy y'all can filibuster all you want but that's what counts.

Team player

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-02-2018 07:04 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SugarCreekBlues
UKC Forum Member

Mike Carder

I agree with you but let's say cast 1 comes in with a good score but doesn't put 2 hrs in the note box. Cast 2 comes in with a lesser score but wants the first cast scratched which one do you decide is right. The rulebook says you go by both the rulebook and the most recent advisor, in fact it seems to imply the adviser takes president because it is the official interpretation. I hate when I see guys using rules like this to get a win I don't feel they deserve but it's sometimes hard to fight against them when the rules seem to conflict.

Last edited by SugarCreekBlues on 06-02-2018 at 08:14 PM

Old Post 06-02-2018 07:35 PM
SugarCreekBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SugarCreekBlues Click here to Send SugarCreekBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email SugarCreekBlues Find more posts by SugarCreekBlues Add SugarCreekBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

"Filibuster"... Tarbaby, I love that. Mr Carder, I sure can't put it any plainer than Allen did just a few posts above. I don't understand what the problem is. If you want to put 120 minutes in the box then do so. If you don't want to put 120 min in there then don't. It makes no difference.

Old Post 06-02-2018 09:17 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I been trying to go outside and work my garden and give y'all a break but it's a 109 degrees and it makes my brain bubble.

Tar

Old Post 06-02-2018 09:30 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
.....it makes my brain bubble....
Tar

I am not going to touch that one.
I just got in from mowing my grass and this ice cold beverage sure hits the spot.

Old Post 06-02-2018 10:35 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

Re: Richard

quote:
Originally posted by MIKE CARDER
So with verifying the time, it means it’s written down. And don’t be a smartass. In one book it says you don’t, another says you do and the rules say verify. But if your just gonna be an ******* don’t reply.

By signing the scorecard you are verifying that the rules were followed and that the scores recorded are correct. Part of the rules is hunt time.

The only thing I use that box for is trying to get my pen to write.

ChNtCh Allnite Gypsy Girl

Old Post 06-04-2018 02:41 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Officiated an Rqe over the Memorial Day weekend 4 dogs on the bench 6 dogs in the hunt I don't need the library to handle that !! But evidently up north or at the world hunts looking back y'all are more intense (harder to get along with ) and you need the library ( or a lawyer ) to handle things. If ukc ever puts $1,000's of dollars on the line instead of a win slip it's going to be a hot mess lol.

Tar

Old Post 06-04-2018 02:54 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Generally, things are only as complicated as we make them out to be.

Page 99 of the Advisor (Second Edition) does have a misprint, which effects this very item. That first item (time not noted) was to be in the "do not scratch" column but was missed in proofing. It's also why I always personally marked that before handing out an Advisor. That article was written pre-note keeping box only days but was not caught and fixed before publication unfortunately. I'm not disappointed that we are out of them as we've had several rules changes since 2010, which do effect several topics. Unfortunately, some didn't keep up with those changes and mark out the articles effected.

Again, that box is a note keeping box only. The time used does not need to be recorded anywhere on the card. Remember all the casts that got scratched for time not adding up in the old days? Whew....

Old Post 06-04-2018 03:16 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Allen least ways you have some live action from time to time lol. I have to get on here and argue with Richard to have some live action lol. I want to nip it in the bud once in a while lol.

Tar

Old Post 06-04-2018 03:59 PM
SugarCreekBlues
UKC Forum Member

Allen thank you for clearing that up. This is the first time I've ever heard of that being a misprint but it does make more sense now.

Old Post 06-04-2018 04:08 PM
SugarCreekBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SugarCreekBlues Click here to Send SugarCreekBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email SugarCreekBlues Find more posts by SugarCreekBlues Add SugarCreekBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Generally, things are only as complicated as we make them out to be.

Page 99 of the Advisor (Second Edition) does have a misprint, which effects this very item. That first item (time not noted) was to be in the "do not scratch" column but was missed in proofing. It's also why I always personally marked that before handing out an Advisor. That article was written pre-note keeping box only days but was not caught and fixed before publication unfortunately. I'm not disappointed that we are out of them as we've had several rules changes since 2010, which do effect several topics. Unfortunately, some didn't keep up with those changes and mark out the articles effected.

Again, that box is a note keeping box only. The time used does not need to be recorded anywhere on the card. Remember all the casts that got scratched for time not adding up in the old days? Whew....

4 pages telling Tar an a few others they were worng when they was rite but now there worng due to a miss print, Glad we got that cleared up!

Old Post 06-04-2018 04:48 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by SugarCreekBlues
Allen thank you for clearing that up. This is the first time I've ever heard of that being a misprint but it does make more sense now.

Yeah, that one made me cringe when we first became aware of it, after it was too late. I know some don't approve of us making any mistakes but I'd really like an ok every now and again. It happens.

Old Post 06-04-2018 06:12 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Allen secret agent number one made a suggestion while ago and I agree with her. Put everything we need on the back of the card ( rule book ) and maybe the kinda things like driving around to a tree list of 20 things tops on a little pamphlet no interpretations just this the way it's to be done. And put them in the hunt packet or put one the club can run off copies dumb all this stuff down condense it. Us old guys have learned this over years of repetition these young people it's to much to learn over night and it's to much as so and an experienced older hunter can twist it and use to confuse them to beat them some are so slick these kids think they are doing them a favor. The Next get together y'all have next year it needs to be well thought out and more than a one hour get together. Jmo.

I mean if I am moh and Sombody is shooten at me I rather they had a single shot than a 60 round banana clip more amo the more problems.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 06-04-2018 at 06:58 PM

Old Post 06-04-2018 06:26 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Yeah, that one made me cringe when we first became aware of it, after it was too late. I know some don't approve of us making any mistakes but I'd really like an ok every now and again. It happens.

You have my OK, we all make mistakes, I believe we should be able to buy 1 mulagen at all clubs before we head to the woods just encase we make a bad call.

Old Post 06-04-2018 07:28 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
You have my OK, we all make mistakes, I believe we should be able to buy 1 mulagen at all clubs before we head to the woods just encase we make a bad call.

Now there's a creative idea for clubs to make a little more income. lol.

Old Post 06-04-2018 09:19 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:

Boy boss man your gonna have to be right from now on we vapor locked um. No matter what I am gonna say your right lol !!

Team player
Tar

Old Post 06-05-2018 02:33 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Man, I just didn't realize how short your "leash" really is! You don't have room to punt , you becoming a "toady"? Lol. Dave

Old Post 06-05-2018 04:45 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness... And Trump colluded with the Russians.

You must have your head the sand...... RE: the hunt time over 2 hrs

Last edited by Toad Hill on 06-11-2018 at 05:55 PM

Old Post 06-11-2018 05:48 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote