UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Derby time
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I plan on riding my horse in a dice run tomorrow and hope we can roll a winning score.
I want to get home in time to see Justify be the next Triple Crown winner.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-09-2018 01:20 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tsbtater
UKC Forum Member

Well he got it done, convincingly, on a dry track. He deserves it.
And now we know what Restoring Hope's role was. Blocked that outside flank from attack perfectly and let Justify set a pace he wanted.

Props to Gronkowski too . Proved he belonged on the same track as the big boys. And he came from WAY back. Although he was the the only thing that busted my trifecta and Superfecta. I had the top 5 covered IF you remove the number 6 horse.

But "ifs' and "excepts" don't pay squat.

Old Post 06-10-2018 02:19 AM
tsbtater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tsbtater Click here to Send tsbtater a Private Message Click Here to Email tsbtater Find more posts by tsbtater Add tsbtater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

he made it look easy.hardly a challenge wire to wire

Old Post 06-10-2018 02:13 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rex W Sims
he made it look easy.hardly a challenge wire to wire

Yep...I think he still had another gear to shift into if he would have needed it.
I wasn't as lucky at the dice run. Had a good ride with friends, but couldn't roll any high scores.

Old Post 06-10-2018 03:42 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

I tried to beat him with something all three races but he is just too good. Very impressive and glad I got to witness another triple crown winner. He sure is a big, red, good lookin' sucker.

Do you think we see him again in the Breeder's Cup Classic or is he done?

Old Post 06-11-2018 06:52 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Heard last night he's not done. They want to race him until the end of the yr.

Old Post 06-11-2018 11:02 PM
tsbtater
UKC Forum Member

Tenfold put some $$$ in my bank today! Won the Jim Dandy!

He's got a good future ahead of him.

Old Post 07-29-2018 12:54 AM
tsbtater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tsbtater Click here to Send tsbtater a Private Message Click Here to Email tsbtater Find more posts by tsbtater Add tsbtater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ralph Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Todd K / UKC
I tried to beat him with something all three races but he is just too good. Very impressive and glad I got to witness another triple crown winner. He sure is a big, red, good lookin' sucker.

Do you think we see him again in the Breeder's Cup Classic or is he done?

IF I owned him he would be done! Retired as the only undefeated Triple Crown winner!

Old Post 07-29-2018 01:47 AM
Ralph Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ralph Williams Click here to Send Ralph Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Ralph Williams Find more posts by Ralph Williams Add Ralph Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

I think I just heard last week they are retiring him. Probably smart. Anything other than a triple crown winner and I would be running him.

Old Post 07-30-2018 02:34 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ralph Williams
UKC Forum Member

Definitely Todd but with him being the Triple Crown winner there are way too many “what if’s” for me. I just read where Justify has an ankle problem and Baffert said it’s not healing fast enough so he is retired.

Last edited by Ralph Williams on 07-30-2018 at 06:28 PM

Old Post 07-30-2018 04:10 PM
Ralph Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ralph Williams Click here to Send Ralph Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Ralph Williams Find more posts by Ralph Williams Add Ralph Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tsbtater
UKC Forum Member

Curlin

It was a good weekend for Curlin colts. Tenfold won Saturday with Vino Rosso closing fast (but ended up 3rd) and Good Magic ran away from them on Sunday in the Haskell.

Now that Justify is out of the picture everyone else is going to have a chance to race the rest of the year to decide who is 2nd best of this year's crop.

I understand why they retired Justify but it would have been neat to see what he could have done with another half dozen races. Was he really that dominant or just an early-bloomer that the others would have caught up with in time....

Arlington Million just over a week away. That's fairly close for you Todd...

Old Post 07-31-2018 03:41 PM
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

I've been to Arlington for the million. It was fun. Nice track, good horses. Just too much of a crowd for me. Can't get to the rail. Lines at the windows and for beers. I want to see all the major tracks eventually but I would rather go on a different day than their big feature.

Glad to see the Curlin's have a big weekend. Looking forward to the Breeder's Cup races.

Old Post 07-31-2018 05:13 PM
Ralph Williams
UKC Forum Member

I used to work on Crommers Farm in Waldron Michigan where Ole Bob Bowers stood who was John Henry’s sire and John won the first Arlington Million in 81 and agin in I think 84 but best I can remember he’s the only horse to win it twice.

Old Post 07-31-2018 10:00 PM