UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bloodline question?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bluetickman12
UKC Forum Member

Bloodline question?

Never hunted a rebone just wondering your opinions on twister and outlaw Jessie james lines?

(Awesome X Ginger)
-2019 Spring Sophomore SS Top 6

Awesome's AL Capone(RIP)
-2 first place wins. $108 in PKC
- Died before he was 2
(PKC World CH Hard time Awesome X Grnitech Main street Miley)

Powered by Crystal Hunting Lights
(Owned by Brett and Bart Nelson)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-19-2014 11:24 PM
Bluetickman12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluetickman12 Click here to Send Bluetickman12 a Private Message Click Here to Email Bluetickman12 Find more posts by Bluetickman12 Add Bluetickman12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Both coondogs but different styles.

Twister is Fireball and Swing Red Rock bred. Hard going, but not blowing past the coons, pull off the tree type hounds that basically go until under a coon. Most of the other unless your talking about the ones with more Timberjack in them are medium to short range hunters that work great on patches of woods. Depends on your area and how much traveling in the hunts you plan to do as to which might work best for you.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

http://atomicfireballkennels.webs.com/
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=341228
Steve Bell

Old Post 08-23-2014 08:02 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Outlaw
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bloodline question?

quote:
Originally posted by Bluetickman12
Never hunted a rebone just wondering your opinions on twister and outlaw Jessie james lines?

I have probably owned and or hunted more Outlaw bred dogs than anyone than maybe Alton Key, the guy who started the line with his Outlaw Jesse female. I owned a littermate to JJ named Billy the Kid and another dual grand called Timber Girl and many other Outlaw bred dogs and have never....ever had one that I would call a close to medium hunter. Be careful what you believe on this forum. Look at the dogs owned by the people giving the opinions.... I have been hunting and winning with Outlaw dogs since 1990 and you are not going to win much with close hunting dogs.
In my honest opinion, they typically have better than average mouths....most are above average tree dogs that start treeing early...most are good lay up dogs with about a medium nose and a head full of sense. Everyone I have started, trained, or won with had plenty of hunt and as much drive on average as most any line of redbone I have hunted with. If I had to fault them in any one area if would be on how quick some from this line open on track.
It seems to me that you have about a 50/50 chance of getting a good strike dog from heavy Outlaw bred pups...but about a 90% chance of getting a quick, accurate, tree dog. The Moonlight line, which started with Moonlight Kate who was actually a grand daughter to Outlaw Billy the Kid seems to have improved upon the strike quite a bit. I have made 4 crosses on Billy the Kid semen collected in 1993 on select grand night champion Moonlight Kate Bred females and the results have been very encouraging. Since each of these females went back through Kate to Billy....they are all line bred crosses. I would say that the % of the litters from these four crosses were closer to 65-70% above average strike dogs while at the same time keeping a high % of quick tree dogs. Most of the old outlaw blood dogs directly out of Jesse were tighter mouthed on track and quick on the tree. Billy was an exception as was Outlaw Red Moon who were both quick on both ends.
I myself like a well balanced dog and that is what myself and most of those working with me are trying to breed for. A couple of my females are a little tighter on track than I like....but most of their litters were very quick strike dogs so I feel confident that they have within their blood the genes to produce better strike dogs than they themselves are if we breed them to males that carry the genes needed to improve upon this trait. I wish you well on your search for accurate information Sir, its the first step in making good decisions when it comes to getting a pup or making a cross.
I will just leave you with this little bit of advice.....there is a lot of jealousy in this breed and many good people will not write on this board in response to questions about certain lines because of attacks by some trouble makers in the past. When doing your homework on specific lines....try to find out who has worked with that line the most over the years and then send them a pm....they may be more apt to give you honest and straight forward answers to your questions in a private message than on this public forum. Its sad that things are like that in this breed...and I hope some day it changes for the better. Good luck in your quest for more answers on whatever your plans are....shane

Hoosier Outlaw / Moonlight Redbones
1994 American Redbone Coonhound Association Hunter of the Year
My first 3 redbones raised from pup's were:
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Billy the Kid
Dual Gr.Ch.- PKC Ch. Outlaw Timber Girl
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Scarlett Fever
(((( Current Favorites ))))
2013 AKC Ladies World Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch.- PKC Ch- AKC Ladies World Ch Ky Moonlight Breanna
Gr.Nt.Ch. - PKC Ch. Ky Moonlight Woody
Dual Grand Moonlight Deana
Dual Grand Ch.- PKC Ch. Moonlight AfterShock
Dual Grand Nighty Night Amber
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Britt
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Billy Jean
Gr.Nt.Ch-PKC Ch.-2015 PKC Red Days Champ Outlaw Cherry Bomb
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Breeze
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man (over $20.000 won in PKC & CHKC) 2019 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Mac
Gr.Nt.Ch. Classy Cali (Heavy Outlaw bred)
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Cat Scratch Fever
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Addiction
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Overdose
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Jinx
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Banshee
"Always outnumbered...Never outgunned!"
To enjoy lots of pics and videos of out redbones, find me on Facebook
as Shenandoah Maxey

Old Post 08-23-2014 09:51 PM
Hoosier Outlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Outlaw Click here to Send Hoosier Outlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Outlaw Find more posts by Hoosier Outlaw Add Hoosier Outlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brian Ratliff
Banned

Iv had a total of 5 outlaw bred dogs at my house & 1 treed coon but couldn't do it constantly in my woods, didn't have the drive or desire for it..iv had a few more similar bred to twister & most all of the constantly treed coon, some better than others but all worth feeding... This is my experience with the 2 lines take it for what you will.

Old Post 08-24-2014 03:04 PM
Brian Ratliff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Ratliff Click here to Send Brian Ratliff a Private Message Click Here to Email Brian Ratliff Find more posts by Brian Ratliff Add Brian Ratliff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bigridge kennel
UKC Forum Member

Do you're self a favor and stick with English .

Pr' bigridge ole dan
Pr' Ralph's red hawk addy
Nt.ch. Reece's show no mercy
bigridge bear crazy blue
Pr' bigridge diesel

Old Post 08-24-2014 05:33 PM
Bigridge kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bigridge kennel Click here to Send Bigridge kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Bigridge kennel Add Bigridge kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
In Redman Hound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bigridge kennel
Do you're self a favor and stick with English .
WELL THATS FUNNY I HAVE 2 ENGLISH MEN HUNTING THESE REDDOGS RIGHT NOW. 1 OF THE GUYS HAS WON ABOUT EVERY THING IN THE COUNTRY WITH ENGLISH DOGS BUT SURE IS LIKING OL RED.

THERE HEAVY FIRE BALL HEAVY TWISTER, HEAVY MABLE & ALOT OF BANJO BLOOD.

THE OTHER ENGLISH MAN HAS HUNT & HANDLED ENGLISH DOGS FOR A WELL KNOWN ENGLISH MAN EVERY ONE KNOWS.

MUST LIKE SOME THING ABOUT OL RED.

THE TWISTER LINE WILL ABOUT EVERY ONE HAVE A TON OF HUNT & DRIVE IN THEM & DONT CARE WHAT OR WHERE THEY GO TO TREE A COON & WHAT THEY PUT U THREW TO GET TO THEM.

DONT THINK I WILL BE TRADING THIS LINE OFF ANY TIME SOON IF I DO I WILL BE BACK TO WALKERS.NEVER HUNTED A OUTLAW BRED DOG. BEEN HAPPY WITH WHAT OUR HOUNDS ARE PRODUCEING TIME AFTER TIME YR. AFER YR. & IM NOT TO EASY TO PLEASE I CULL REALLY HARD !

JUST SAYING

EDDIE TERRY & NETTA 1-765-774-3301

***WE HAVE STARTED DOGS TIME TO TIME FORSALE. THANKS FOR LOOKING***

***HOME OF WHERE COONDOGS & TREEDOGS ARE BORN NOT MAN MADE***

***A PROVEN LINE OF DOGS THAT IS WORKING GREAT ON BEAR & COON & MT. LION HAVE PLENTY OF REFS. ON THEM YOU CAN CALL.***

********(((One More Little Dump Kennel = Daylight)))********

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!********* I THANK GOD FOR EVERYDAY I'M LIVING & MY 2nd CHANCE ON LIFE *********!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by In Redman Hound on 09-18-2014 at 04:34 AM

Old Post 09-18-2014 04:27 AM
In Redman Hound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for In Redman Hound Click here to Send In Redman Hound a Private Message Click Here to Email In Redman Hound Find more posts by In Redman Hound Add In Redman Hound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote