UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Field Operations :: Show Operations :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > I am done
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pat Bizich
UKC Forum Member

I am done

I was a little hesitant in renewing my Bloodlines subscription. But went ahead and did it as my sub ran out in January and there was the Christmas discount. Renewed for two years.
I am disgusted now and wish I had known they were going to stop putting event entry numbers and scores.

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THE BIG SECRET?????

I can guess but it would be speculation.

I can put it down now in less then 15 minutes . No longer do I have the anticipation of it arriving in my mail box every month for the last couple years and this has put me over the edge.
Whom ever is making these decisions to take these and other informative interesting items is killing this once great magazine.
Slowly and methodically news worthy items have been getting removed . Now just a few ads and big hunt results.
I have taken this magazine since the early 80's when it was a requirement that all licensed officials had to subscribe in order to keep up with the latest rule changes. Over 35 years.
Well I am done. I will not be renewing again. It is a darn shame .
I know the people that work on it are probably proud of the work they put into it. I am in no way complaining on that part.
It is whom ever is making the decisions to take out what little interesting things there are left to read.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book

Home of:

2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 02-08-2019 at 03:47 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-08-2019 03:43 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Yep.. Not much in there any more.

Old Post 02-08-2019 10:44 AM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Bloodlines.......

I stopped getting mine about 1 year ago.
It was always late or sometimes didnt even come.
Not much in there anyways.
Tim

Team Treeing Walker

Superior Hunting Lites
----Home Of ----
Bushwhacker Lights
Superior HellCat
Mity Max Coon Squallers--Dependable & Effective

Brighteyes Lights
Home of the Reaper Double Death

Old Post 02-08-2019 11:47 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Scores don't matter much any longer ...just CW .

SCORES were information I was always interested in , scores don't matter no more.

Old Post 02-08-2019 12:48 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Click Here to Email Dogwhisper Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

I agree. Whether or not it really matters anymore, Id still like to see the CW scores and entry numbers for each event.

Old Post 02-08-2019 09:07 PM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

It's almost as if they don't want it known how few some of these events draw.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-08-2019 09:23 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
UKC Forum Member

Y'all can blame me I put the numbers on here when I thought it would do some good to let them know we knew. A year from now we will all know.

I appoligise.

Tar

Old Post 02-08-2019 09:30 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Numbers and scores

I think we all deserve to see the numbers and scores of each hunt, this isn't asking to much. Dave

Old Post 02-08-2019 10:36 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

The last 2 hunts at a club nearby had NO dogs in their hunts either night . Most clubs close by here gets maybe 1 or 2 registered dogs and maybe 1 nitech .

Past hounds :
GrNitech Rapidan River Ragin Rambo Htx ( Bo )
Nitech Auburn Hills Black Dymond
Nitech Wilsons Black Pepper ( littermate to Ox )
Nitech Green Valley Dixie
Nitech Rapidan River Black Booty Htx ( Boo ) Sold to James Norman

Present Hounds :
Walker : Rapidan River Trip
Walker : Rapidan River little Ed

* Frozen Semen stored at Nevergone
GrNitech Rapidan River Ragin Rambo
GrNitech Dark Hollow Tige

Charles Pullen
Culpeper , Va
540-718-5211

Old Post 02-09-2019 02:53 AM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaine Stout
UKC Forum Member

I have seen as low as 7 dogs at a hunt up here in southern Iowa. But depending on time of year most hunts we average 12 to 15 I would say. With the exception of July and August. Those 2 months we may average 7 or 8. But with heat and humidity mosquito and ticks guys up here generally back off those months. At my local club we tend to average 400 to 500 for top score. Have seen a lot of 600 to 800 nights. We even had a cast that scored 1150 and was won by a tie breaker. But saying that we have had nights that 150 won the hunt as well. I know in years past if I won my cast with 350 I was planning on not winning the hunt when I got back to club house.

Proud to be part of Friday Night

Hounds that reside at Cedar Creek Ranch
WALKERS
Nitech Cedar Creek Paco
Cedar Creek Pacos fitted T

ENGLISH
Grch Blackfords C'mon Eileen
Grch Nitech Nine Mile Cool Cotton
Ch Friday Night Late Round Hanna
Timber Valley Lucky - gen 2

BLUETICK
Girl's One Spot

R.I.P
Nitech Cedar Creek Timbers Blu Junior

Old Post 02-09-2019 11:34 AM
Blaine Stout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaine Stout Click here to Send Blaine Stout a Private Message Click Here to Email Blaine Stout Find more posts by Blaine Stout Add Blaine Stout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLIE SMITH
UKC Forum Member

If you Scored 2500 or 3000 in two hours would you like people to see that take a pencil and a paper and see how they do it. Can't be done just my opinion.

Old Post 02-15-2019 03:51 PM
OLIE SMITH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLIE SMITH Click here to Send OLIE SMITH a Private Message Click Here to Email OLIE SMITH Find more posts by OLIE SMITH Add OLIE SMITH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

I believe print media is just a thing of the past... way too easy to find any info you want on the screen you are reading this on. Easier, cheaper, more up-to-date, and more interactive. There is not much in any print any more because of the internet.

Old Post 02-15-2019 09:30 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Visit houndsound's homepage! Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I would like to see the results of GrNtCh vs the NtCh in the new Ch classes, GrNtCh percentage wins over NtCh wins!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&Rs Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 02-16-2019 01:09 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email nitehunter2004 Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

I like the magazine pretty good just renewed mine always got mine and as much as I like to read on here that magazine sure is easier on my eye's .

Old Post 02-16-2019 02:47 PM
George pouliott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for George pouliott Click here to Send George pouliott a Private Message Click Here to Email George pouliott Find more posts by George pouliott Add George pouliott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I've bought all three coonhunters mags for prolly close to 30 years now. They sure ain't cheap no more. I grew up on Full Cry and Guns and Ammo. At this point they are prolly some sort of addiction.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-16-2019 05:02 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SHORN
UKC Forum Member

Houndsound is right the internet killed print media. You can find out things on the computer faster. No need to wait for next month when it is available now, instant gratification era. I am sure advertisers (stud dogs) have quit buying ads because they can put it on multiple forums for free. Less income to the publisher means less money to print the pages, hence they cut out things. The results take a lot of time to type and check for accuracy there fore they will be the first thing to go.

Old Post 02-17-2019 03:00 PM
SHORN is online now Click Here to See the Profile for SHORN Click here to Send SHORN a Private Message Find more posts by SHORN Add SHORN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote