UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Cur and Feist Classifieds > Mountain Feist for sale
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Michigan Feist
New UKC Forum Member

Mountain Feist for sale

Cooper turned 6 yrs this month. He trees using all his senses, but trees right every time when he actually sees it go up. If he doesn’t see it, he usually isn’t as intense on the tree. I have his papers from a pup, but never turned those in. He is out of Dennis Robinson’s Baxter dog. His mother has some mullins and Joe black in her best I can remember. He has been in the house since 6 wks. The only reason he is for sale is because for some reason, when it gets cold outside, these last three years, he somehow finds ways to go pee inside the house no matter how many times we let him out. He has found several of my son’s jackets, hoodies, backpacks etc, that hang from hooks in their room. A few sets of tennis shoes as well. Now my wife’s winter boots. It’s crazy! He has been a good dog for us in every other way. I only had one other squirrel dog to compare him to, so I guess I don’t know how he stacks up, but he has done well for us. I have never had an electric collar or tracking collar on him, but he seems to range no more than 250 yards at the max. The only dogs he has been around is the neighbor’s dogs thru the fence. He has never seemed aggressive toward them at all. I would move him outside, but nobody by me keeps dogs outside. I live in the city where all of the dogs are kept inside. The only thing he is protective and weird about is his crate and food. I tell everybody I hunt with and even my children or anybody that comes over, not to put their hands in his crate. He will bark like crazy when people come to the door, but after a couple minutes, he settles down and once he knows were ok with the person, he’s ok too. My thought is somebody could take him and transition him outside. We only hunt a handful of times per year because of my sons and their sports. I bet if somebody hunted him the way he should be hunted, he would be an awesome dog!! He still does pretty darn good though. He probably has around 200 squirrel under his belt, which some are able to do in 1 season, but like I already mentioned, we just aren’t capable of getting out a whole lot. I’m looking to get $700 for him. With $400 in hand I will let somebody trial him for two weeks. One week to bond with him and the other to hunt him. If he’s not what you are after, then return him unharmed in anyway for your money back. If somebody wants to trade for a housebroke squirrel dog that might not be as far along, but will tree some squirrel, I might be open to that. Please call or text Bob Owens at 810-417-0516 for any other info. Thanks for looking.

Not sure how to post pictures and videos, but have some if you want to text me.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-17-2019 01:28 AM
Michigan Feist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Michigan Feist Click here to Send Michigan Feist a Private Message Click Here to Email Michigan Feist Find more posts by Michigan Feist Add Michigan Feist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Michigan Feist
New UKC Forum Member

Cooper has been sold. Thanks!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-21-2019 11:20 AM
Michigan Feist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Michigan Feist Click here to Send Michigan Feist a Private Message Click Here to Email Michigan Feist Find more posts by Michigan Feist Add Michigan Feist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote