UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2018 Virginia State Hunt
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

2018 Virginia State Hunt

Well folks its allmost time again for the best state hunt in the country. Thats right . The Virginia State Hunt. March 30th and March 31st, 2018 at the Halifax county Virginia fair grounds in South Boston Virginia. Full page add coming in the March Bloodlines. By the way the 2018 Virginia State Youth Hunt will be held at the Pittsylanvia County Wild Life Club near Chatham Virginia on April 14th, 2018. There will be a bench show at 1:30pm, treeing contest at 3:00pm, squalling contest at 4:00pm and the nite hunt at 8:00pm. Entries for the BS and the Nite hunt will be $5 each . Entries for squalling and treeing contests will be $3 each. Adress for Youth hunt: 4940 Irish Road, Chatham Virginia. If you have any ????. Give me a call 434-713-5121 Thanks! Jerry ;

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-20-2018 12:07 AM
Jerry Brumfield is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jerry Brumfield Click here to Send Jerry Brumfield a Private Message Click Here to Email Jerry Brumfield Find more posts by Jerry Brumfield Add Jerry Brumfield to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

2018 Virginia State Hunt

btt

Old Post 02-20-2018 07:48 PM
Jerry Brumfield is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jerry Brumfield Click here to Send Jerry Brumfield a Private Message Click Here to Email Jerry Brumfield Find more posts by Jerry Brumfield Add Jerry Brumfield to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 02-21-2018 07:11 PM
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 02-26-2018 03:21 PM
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 02-28-2018 08:02 PM
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 03-05-2018 07:12 PM
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 03-07-2018 03:22 PM
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 03-09-2018 01:39 PM
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 03-13-2018 02:25 AM
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 03-15-2018 01:38 PM
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 03-19-2018 01:50 PM
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 03-23-2018 01:42 PM
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 03-26-2018 06:39 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Who were the big winners last night?

Old Post 03-31-2018 03:03 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I know rules are rules but a plus sign was left off one set of strike points that penalized a good dog that had 1200 points. The important thing is the people involved seemed to understand it was their mistake and move on to hunt again.
That is how coon hunting should be. I feel bad for them and I have my opinion on a rule like that. But, rules are rules.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 03-31-2018 at 03:34 PM

Old Post 03-31-2018 03:27 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I heard that top 3 dogs had more that 750+. It sounds like coon were moving in Va last night.

Old Post 03-31-2018 04:10 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I know rules are rules but a plus sign was left off one set of strike points that penalized a good dog that had 1200 points. The important thing is the people involved seemed to understand it was their mistake and move on to hunt again.
That is how coon hunting should be. I feel bad for them and I have my opinion on a rule like that. But, rules are rules.

This is one rule that has never made since to me. A MOH or hunt director has the ability to correct mathematical errors but not ask about a plus, cirlce, delete or minus sign. I believe this was voted down at the last rules commitee meeting 2 yrs ago. All breeds need to take a long hard look on their reps for these meetings.
Good luck and safe hunting to all down there tonight.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 03-31-2018 09:03 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Redneck, I agree. If you look at a card and see + for tree and that added to the strike points equal the total plussed. Then guess what. A second grader can figure out the strike should have a + in front of it. Several people signed that card. I can't fault UKC for having rules and there rules are trying to keep things honest. But we have overprotected ourselves from the crooks in the world who are ending up with everything in their favor.

It's not just UKC rules. The US is about two generations from a civil war or the end. Backbones in Men have left the building.

Old Post 03-31-2018 09:58 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Redneck, I agree. If you look at a card and see + for tree and that added to the strike points equal the total plussed. Then guess what. A second grader can figure out the strike should have a + in front of it. Several people signed that card. I can't fault UKC for having rules and there rules are trying to keep things honest. But we have overprotected ourselves from the crooks in the world who are ending up with everything in their favor.

It's not just UKC rules. The US is about two generations from a civil war or the end. Backbones in Men have left the building.

I have looked at more cards than I can count and about a 1/4 of them take awhile to decipher and many have mathematical errors. The thing I haven't figured out is why someone who doesn't have the ability to judge has the responsibility as a cast winner that the appointed judge has the card filled out correctly. We have a few down here that I am fairly certain either have very limited ability to read or can't at all (I fill out entry slips for them myself) then there are new commers to the sport or even youth who have no idea how to fill out a score card yet are still held accountable.
May the best dog/handler of the night under the format they are hunting under win, get rid of BS rules that penalise them & take hard earned wins away.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 04-01-2018 01:16 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

The handler of the dog was also the JUDGE of the cast. Simple mistakes get us all once in a while.

Old Post 04-03-2018 12:21 AM