UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Police told to stand down
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Police told to stand down

Police, after 30 police officers have been injured in Philadelphia, have been ordered to stand down. Do not respond to theft, burglary, stolen cars, looting, arson....nothing. the priority calls, ok to respond...Go ahead, vote Demorat, the country will be run like this. At some point, good people will be forced to do bad things to protect what they have worked so hard for ..

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Last edited by harleydan1956 on 10-29-2020 at 09:00 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-29-2020 08:39 PM
harleydan1956 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coal295
UKC Forum Member

Trump

I normally wouldn't post about politics, and I am not a Trump fan by any means. That being said he will have my vote on Tuesday. The democratic party has encouraged chaos in our country and I still cannot fathom that people don't see it, or want to blame our current president for it. I am a registered Democrat but that party left me long ago when they decided to take a hard left and continue tearing down this great country of ours. I pray they don't win this election because I fear where our country will be in 4 years. Anything goes with the democratic party and a country with no law is ****ed to fail miserably.

Old Post 10-29-2020 09:34 PM
Coal295 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coal295 Click here to Send Coal295 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coal295 Find more posts by Coal295 Add Coal295 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Burchel Davis
UKC Forum Member

Vote Trump

Amen!!

Old Post 10-29-2020 10:44 PM
Burchel Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Burchel Davis Click here to Send Burchel Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Burchel Davis Find more posts by Burchel Davis Add Burchel Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

trumps watch

too busy going to rally's to do anything else.

Old Post 10-30-2020 03:38 AM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

I would love nothing more than to see the blue flu go around the whole country for a week or two. Then maybe people would have a little more respect for the men and women that put there lives on the line every day for us.

Old Post 10-30-2020 12:18 PM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by River Birch Run
I would love nothing more than to see the blue flu go around the whole country for a week or two. Then maybe people would have a little more respect for the men and women that put there lives on the line every day for us.

I would love to see it in the cities where they have been told to stand down. Where they get no respect. Where our tax dollars will be used to rebuild.

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.

Old Post 10-30-2020 12:54 PM
harleydan1956 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

People keep thinking a civil war is in the near future. Folks, it already started! It’s a war on common decency, common sense, and the working man. If you think it isn’t so, you definitely have a mental disorder. I am a former police officer and can’t imagine performing those duties now under the conditions put on officers in democratic cities. Fence in the cities to keep the animals in and also the liberal morons... Trump 2020!

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Old Post 10-30-2020 01:02 PM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

who's running are country

All this ship is happening with trump in office. Why do people try to put the blame on biden.

Old Post 11-02-2020 09:08 AM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Re: who's running are country

quote:
Originally posted by Black Ash Bawl
All this ship is happening with trump in office. Why do people try to put the blame on biden.

Trump has offered Federal help... The DEMORAT mayor's and Governors have refused. When he sent them to PROTECT FEDERAL BUILDINGS, he was told he was wrong. Not one person said Biden, we all say DEMORAT...

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:

Gone but never forgotten

Old Post 11-02-2020 12:20 PM
bigdiezel79
UKC Forum Member

quote:

It appears that you either have no idea how government works or you are just on here trying to start a argument. All this that you are speaking of is happening to taint Trumps presidency, Biden glorifies criminals, Democratic governors allow looting of their own states, tell law enforcement to stand down etc, etc. Since you want to blame Trump and say everyone blames Biden, let me say this, The DEMOCRATIC party is allowing this to happen they willfully allow these things to happen to claim that the President has allowed and caused all of this dismay. Its a smoke screen for all you misinformed, social media believers. Please without mentioning Trump, explain why you support Biden... Explain how or what Trump has done to hurt our nation.

Jeremy Harris

Old Post 11-02-2020 02:42 PM
bigdiezel79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdiezel79 Click here to Send bigdiezel79 a Private Message Click Here to Email bigdiezel79 Find more posts by bigdiezel79 Add bigdiezel79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

Re: Re: who's running are country

quote:
Originally posted by bigdiezel79
It appears that you either have no idea how government works or you are just on here trying to start a argument. All this that you are speaking of is happening to taint Trumps presidency, Biden glorifies criminals, Democratic governors allow looting of their own states, tell law enforcement to stand down etc, etc. Since you want to blame Trump and say everyone blames Biden, let me say this, The DEMOCRATIC party is allowing this to happen they willfully allow these things to happen to claim that the President has allowed and caused all of this dismay. Its a smoke screen for all you misinformed, social media believers. Please without mentioning Trump, explain why you support Biden... Explain how or what Trump has done to hurt our nation.

Your wasting your breath... Only way he can be helped is to be sent to a "RE-EDUCATION CAMP" Like many DemoRATS they are either brain washed or get some kind of "ENTITLEMENT" They listen to the Communist News Net work or Communist Broadcasting Station. They deny the truth staring them in the face about their LYING Party .

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 11-02-2020 04:17 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Democrats

Only those who are receiving government assistance that either will not work or just choose not to work could support the Democrat Party. What a price to pay just to receive government benefits, just look at what the Democrat Party represents and tell me you are voting Democrat. You are either brain dead or refuse to accept the truth about the Democrat Party, wake up folks before it's to late. Dave

Old Post 11-02-2020 04:28 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Burchel Davis
UKC Forum Member

Dave Richards

Very well said! Only full blown idiots could support the Democratic Party!!

Old Post 11-02-2020 05:08 PM
Burchel Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Burchel Davis Click here to Send Burchel Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Burchel Davis Find more posts by Burchel Davis Add Burchel Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bloxhdc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Democrats

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Only those who are receiving government assistance that either will not work or just choose not to work could support the Democrat Party. What a price to pay just to receive government benefits, just look at what the Democrat Party represents and tell me you are voting Democrat. You are either brain dead or refuse to accept the truth about the Democrat Party, wake up folks before it's to late. Dave

x2

Old Post 11-02-2020 06:55 PM
bloxhdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bloxhdc Click here to Send bloxhdc a Private Message Click Here to Email bloxhdc Find more posts by bloxhdc Add bloxhdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indiana1
UKC Forum Member

Black Ash Bawl

Congress is the problem . They have been sitting on their brains since the last election. They have the power to stop all of this and choose not to in the hope of making the president look bad. I do not agree with everything Trump says , but I do believe he believes in the greatest thing that ever has been dreamed of which is the United States Of America. I would hope you do some searching to see what he has done and is trying to do to keep this nation free and give the power back to the people where as it should be. He is abrasive at times maybe when he should not be. Sometimes it hurts to hear the truth. With that being said I think he is all that has stood in the way these last 3-1/2 years of our rights being ripped from us so that we become a nation controlled by a government. Thank God our forefathers has the wisdom to draft a constitution to save us from this. God Bless our country and God bless our president. That’s my rant for the day.

(Uchtman’s blue Amos x Uchtman’s blue Magic)
NITECH Lynch’s LIL BLU MAC (Walston’s Big Country x Hatcreek Kate 2)

Old Post 11-02-2020 07:15 PM
indiana1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for indiana1 Click here to Send indiana1 a Private Message Find more posts by indiana1 Add indiana1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by indiana1
Black Ash Bawl

Congress is the problem . They have been sitting on their brains since the last election. They have the power to stop all of this and choose not to in the hope of making the president look bad. I do not agree with everything Trump says , but I do believe he believes in the greatest thing that ever has been dreamed of which is the United States Of America. I would hope you do some searching to see what he has done and is trying to do to keep this nation free and give the power back to the people where as it should be. He is abrasive at times maybe when he should not be. Sometimes it hurts to hear the truth. With that being said I think he is all that has stood in the way these last 3-1/2 years of our rights being ripped from us so that we become a nation controlled by a government. Thank God our forefathers has the wisdom to draft a constitution to save us from this. God Bless our country and God bless our president. That’s my rant for the day.

X2... Plus

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:

Gone but never forgotten

Old Post 11-03-2020 12:20 AM
breezyoaks
UKC Forum Member

X3

quote:
Originally posted by harleydan1956
X2... Plus

Vote Trump....or don't complain when yer taxes go up, & yer paying 5 bucks fer gas, and bailing the democratic cities out of their poor management and rioting. I don't know about others but I earn my wage and like to keep it for me, not be directed by dictator governing.....
Biden is about as poor of a candidate as has run for president in my lifetime....
Forget the knee jerk reactions, vote republican today across the board

Nuff said

Patrick Barrett

Old Post 11-03-2020 01:32 PM
breezyoaks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for breezyoaks Click here to Send breezyoaks a Private Message Click Here to Email breezyoaks Find more posts by breezyoaks Add breezyoaks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Because Biden and YOUR party support the violence!!
Dem Gov won't let Trump send in any help.
Dems are a sad, corrupt, China owned party

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 11-03-2020 05:25 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

I'm very conservative, just voted straight red ticket... but we can't blame the riots on any one party. No local or State official has any authority to tell Trump not to send in federal officers.

I think the Republicans best reflect my values, compared to the Democratic party... but neither is the reason society is going the way it is, and neither is a real solution. If the Republican party is your great hope, it will let you down.

Sinful nature that is in all of us is the reason we are seeing unrest, anti-authority, gender issues, etc.... As tempting as it is to point to another group and say it is their fault.... it's just not. And no political leader will fix it either. Repenting and submitting to God will fix it. As a nation, both Republican and Democrats- we as a society have rejected the reality of God and are seeing the results of it.

Old Post 11-03-2020 05:55 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tillery
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by houndsound
I'm very conservative, just voted straight red ticket... but we can't blame the riots on any one party. No local or State official has any authority to tell Trump not to send in federal officers.

I think the Republicans best reflect my values, compared to the Democratic party... but neither is the reason society is going the way it is, and neither is a real solution. If the Republican party is your great hope, it will let you down.

Sinful nature that is in all of us is the reason we are seeing unrest, anti-authority, gender issues, etc.... As tempting as it is to point to another group and say it is their fault.... it's just not. And no political leader will fix it either. Repenting and submitting to God will fix it. As a nation, both Republican and Democrats- we as a society have rejected the reality of God and are seeing the results of it.

This is probably the most accurate thing I have read in a long time!!

Old Post 11-03-2020 06:05 PM
Tillery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tillery Click here to Send Tillery a Private Message Click Here to Email Tillery Find more posts by Tillery Add Tillery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by houndsound
... but we can't blame the riots on any one party. No local or State official has any authority to tell Trump not to send in federal officers.

BEG to differ... BUT YOU ARE "WRONG"!!
Mis=information and fallacy.

Copied and pasted.............
The president does have some authorities under the Constitution, but he’s limited by statute — not only by the Posse Comitatus Act but also by the Insurrection Act. So, he can’t just willy nilly throw the military in there to solve this problem.”
Invocation of the Insurrection Act is best done in coordination with governors

The governors just like they did in protecting the health and safety of their citizens in the coronavirus [outbreak] and enforcing the rule of law in their states, and they have to ask for the president’s help for bringing in federal troops,” . “The president has a couple of exceptions he you can use, but the governors play a key role, and local politicians play a key role, and they have to have the courage to stand up to say something and do something about it.”

Presidential powers related to insurrection are partly articulated in 10 U.S. Code § 253, which reads:

The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both, or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it—

(1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or
(2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.
In any situation covered by clause (1), the State shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the Constitution.
The president does have tools of his authority, but just like with the coronavirus, there are a lot of connections here. The governors have the primary role. The governors have police power.
The federal government doesn’t, and so the president has to be in coordination with and in communication at all times with the governors to see whether they’re going to invoke the Insurrection Act, and if the president determines that they’re not doing it, but they really need to do it, and there’s nothing that can quell the riots or violence unless and until he federalizes or brings in federal military troops, he’s not hapless.”

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Last edited by benderb4 on 11-03-2020 at 06:41 PM

Old Post 11-03-2020 06:36 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by benderb4

The president does have some authorities under the Constitution, but he’s limited by statute — not only by the Posse Comitatus Act but also by the Insurrection Act. So, he can’t just willy nilly throw the military in there to solve this problem.”

The governors just like they did in protecting the health and safety of their citizens in the coronavirus [outbreak] and enforcing the rule of law in their states, and they have to ask for the president’s help for bringing in federal troops,” . “The president has a couple of exceptions he you can use, but the governors play a key role, and local politicians play a key role, and they have to have the courage to stand up to say something and do something about it.”

Presidential powers related to insurrection are partly articulated in 10 U.S. Code § 253, which reads:

The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both, or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it—

(1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or
(2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.
In any situation covered by clause (1), the State shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the Constitution.
The president does have tools of his authority, but just like with the coronavirus, there are a lot of connections here. The governors have the primary role. The governors have police power.
The federal government doesn’t, and so the president has to be in coordination with and in communication at all times with the governors to see whether they’re going to invoke the Insurrection Act, and if the president determines that they’re not doing it, but they really need to do it, and there’s nothing that can quell the riots or violence unless and until he federalizes or brings in federal military troops, he’s not hapless.”

Excellent post and 100 percent true. Dave

Old Post 11-03-2020 07:24 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by benderb4

1. I'm no expert, but thought- and did a quick internet search to confirm, but I thought the Posse Comm. Act was specifically addressing only the use of the U.S. Army, and U.S. Airforce on U.S. soil- not federal law enforcement like FBI or ATF enforcing Federal laws, which is what was happening. I do not think any mayor or governor can cite that act and tell the FBI to get out of their State.

2. And I'm not sure I get your point with the quote of the U.S. Code that specifically tells when the president can use federal troops to stop an insurrection... then you make the claim that he needs the Governor's permission.. i don't see that in the quoted text?

3. If that was the primary take-away from my post, you truly are looking to be argumentative and glossed over the true content, and intent of my post. I hope you have a blessed day- no need to respond. I do not engage in internet keyboard wars.

Old Post 11-03-2020 08:09 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

The democrats are responsible for all of the unrest. Now I am not saying that all democrats are like this but the people doing the rioting, instigating the rioting and causing the unrest are democrats. The people in our government making it possible for the rioting, vandalism, looting and unrest are democrats. The ones financing and supporting the anarchists are democrats.

Yes the Bible says that we all have a sinful nature but the great majority of people keep theirs under control.

The Republican people in our country are God fearing law abiding citizens that love their country and don't want to destroy it.

You can't blame the unrest on President Trump. Blame it on the democrats doing the rioting, looting and vandalism.

Old Post 11-03-2020 09:06 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Richard, would you really want to hang your hat on a statement that Republicans are God fearing people? I'd be willing to bet there are plenty of Republicans who don't know the Lord, read their Bibles, or go to Church. I live in a State where there are almost no democrats. in my county registered voters are around 85% - 90% Republicans... We don't have 85% of the town coming to Church on Sunday... all these conservative republicans still drink and drive, beat their wives, use drugs, etc.....

I highly doubt the few people doing the rioting are familiar with either parties philosophies or consider themselves democrats or republicans. National leadership in the democratic party have painted themselves into a corner where they can't condemn the rioting because they have become dependent on a base that is sympathetic to them.

But come one... we all know democrats that don't go around rioting, breaking laws, etc.... I'm a Republican... but as long as Republicans think every Democrat is evil, and every Democrat thinks every Republican is evil..... we are done being a civil society.

I'm a Bible believing, old fashioned, conservative republican. One of my best friends is a democrat who likes big government, and doesn't believe in the Bible as a literal word of God.

But he's as honest as the day is long, a brilliant thinker and problem solver, a great family man, a hard worker, and gives a lot of time and money to charity.

Why would I be in a hurry to call him evil. We love having coffee, discussing political events- but never are bothered that the other has differing views.

Last edited by houndsound on 11-03-2020 at 09:42 PM

Old Post 11-03-2020 09:27 PM