UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > map page
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rdmedders
UKC Forum Member

map page

track up/ north up? what does the setting need to be? 220 astro.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-13-2020 08:37 PM
rdmedders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rdmedders Click here to Send rdmedders a Private Message Click Here to Email rdmedders Find more posts by rdmedders Add rdmedders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tillery
UKC Forum Member

Personal preference really

Which ever way you prefer it. North up keeps the map oriented the same way with north up (top of screen) all the time. Track up rotates the map as you turn to always keep the way you're heading up (top of screen). I prefer the track up option.

Old Post 11-13-2020 09:33 PM
Tillery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tillery Click here to Send Tillery a Private Message Click Here to Email Tillery Find more posts by Tillery Add Tillery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Track up is less confusing for most.

Old Post 11-15-2020 10:49 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Track up is less confusing for most. If your standing there and you place your unit in front of you. What you see in front of you is on the screen in the same locations.

Old Post 11-15-2020 10:50 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rdmedders
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Track up is less confusing for most. If your standing there and you place your unit in front of you. What you see in front of you is on the screen in the same locations.

im having lots of trouble with my map page/ dog pointing page lots of times the pages don't show the correct direction of such things like dog / truck? calibration compass doesn't always help?

Old Post 11-15-2020 03:08 PM
rdmedders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rdmedders Click here to Send rdmedders a Private Message Click Here to Email rdmedders Find more posts by rdmedders Add rdmedders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

rdmedders

Select track up on map page and your problem should be resolved. If you choose North up the unit will always point North, even if your dog is South, West or East. Run your map page with Track up setting to actually point to your dog. Dave

Old Post 11-15-2020 06:48 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

If your using the alpha just look at the map and if the N indicator is not pointing north just though it and it will. I suspect you might be touching it and getting it into a different mode. On the ALPGA to change from North Up to Track up you just touch the screen where the direction indicator is.

Old Post 11-16-2020 12:04 PM
rdmedders
UKC Forum Member

quote:
If your using the alpha just look at the map and if the N indicator is not pointing north just though it and it will. I suspect you might be touching it and getting it into a different mode. On the ALPGA to change from North Up to Track up you just touch the screen where the direction indicator is.

im still using the 220☹️

Old Post 11-16-2020 01:23 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Not being a wise guy but I will try and answer your question.

It is a setting and gives you a choice. So what you prefer is the way you should setup and operate your handheld. With that said I think the TRACK UP is less confusing for most and is my personal choice. But again it is a setting to allow each user to operate their handheld in a way that is pleasing to them.

North up is confusing to me because if I am standing in a road facing South and I look and my handheld the dogs are on the opposite of the road that I am standing on looking South. Now if I turn around and face North everything is laid out on the map in perspective to North being in front of you.

Track up changes all this and keeps the handheld facing the direction you are standing and looking forward. So if your facing say west the west would be the direction the top of the map should be facing. If the dogs are in front of you and west of you. The dogs on the map should be at the top of the map Which is west.

Old Post 11-16-2020 04:20 PM
rdmedders
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Not being a wise guy but I will try and answer your question.

It is a setting and gives you a choice. So what you prefer is the way you should setup and operate your handheld. With that said I think the TRACK UP is less confusing for most and is my personal choice. But again it is a setting to allow each user to operate their handheld in a way that is pleasing to them.

North up is confusing to me because if I am standing in a road facing South and I look and my handheld the dogs are on the opposite of the road that I am standing on looking South. Now if I turn around and face North everything is laid out on the map in perspective to North being in front of you.

Track up changes all this and keeps the handheld facing the direction you are standing and looking forward. So if your facing say west the west would be the direction the top of the map should be facing. If the dogs are in front of you and west of you. The dogs on the map should be at the top of the map Which is west.

thank you! ive had a 220 for several years and have never had the problems im having now . i need to upgrade systems!

Old Post 11-16-2020 04:31 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

RD starting on your map page select MENU and then MENU again. On that page select ADVANCED and from that page select SETTINGS. Then scroll down and select MAP.
That should take you to the page that has all the map settings. You will see ORIENTATION at the top of the list with drop box beside it that should say TRACK UP or NORTH UP. use that drop box to change the selection.

Old Post 11-16-2020 04:47 PM