UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Nitech Cox's Cannon Ball owned by Don Rankin
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JOE H BROOKS
UKC Forum Member

Nitech Cox's Cannon Ball owned by Don Rankin

Hey, do any of you walker guys remember a dog named Nite ch Cox's Cannon Ball, owned by Don Rankin of Columbus, ohio. We bred a female to him out of Singing Banjo and a littermate sister to Derickson's Kentucky Jude. I trained a male dog, out of that cross, he was a real coon treeer, he once treed a coon up one of those tall electric towers, that run from Waverly, ohio, to may be Cincinnati, as it went accross our neighbors land, and he was treed before i got half way to him, he was a goodin. We named him, Rebel, he was dad's dog, but i trained him.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-03-2022 07:53 AM
JOE H BROOKS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOE H BROOKS Click here to Send JOE H BROOKS a Private Message Find more posts by JOE H BROOKS Add JOE H BROOKS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

I hunted and judged Cannon Ball about 60 years ago at the WVa state hunt .

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 05-09-2022 03:32 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE H BROOKS
UKC Forum Member

Cannon Ball

I drew a dog out of him at a hunt out of Owensville,Ohio, the dog was owned by one of the Eads boys, and his name was Nite ch Groce's Radio, i think, he looked pretty good, treed a big coon got by himself.

Old Post 05-14-2022 09:53 AM
JOE H BROOKS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOE H BROOKS Click here to Send JOE H BROOKS a Private Message Find more posts by JOE H BROOKS Add JOE H BROOKS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Small world

Lol ,its a small world , I hunted with Radio too .

Old Post 05-14-2022 12:26 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE H BROOKS
UKC Forum Member

Cannon Ball

Cannon Ball, was out of Merchant"s Buck, and his mother was line bred on Merchant"s Bawlie. We had raised a litter out of Rebel, and Frazer's Finley River bred female. Dad had a male dog out of that cross, that he called Loner, pop didn't hunt enough to start a dog, and he would hog all the credit, for training one, so i told him, you train him. He gave him to a fellow, from Brown county, he was 4 years old, and he never took him out.

Old Post 05-25-2022 10:52 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Did you by chance know Don Cox or Don Sheppard or Cliff Harris ? Those guys all owned Merchants Buck at one time or another .

Old Post 05-25-2022 11:26 PM
SLR
UKC Forum Member

Cc

Groce’s Radio was raised and trained by Preston Groce who is still living his papers said Coxs Cannonball but he was really out of Gene Cashs Rody dog from Campbellsville Ky

Old Post 05-27-2022 03:56 AM
SLR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SLR Click here to Send SLR a Private Message Click Here to Email SLR Find more posts by SLR Add SLR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE H BROOKS
UKC Forum Member

Cannon Ball

No, Mr West, i didn't know those guys. And don't tell me another dog, with false papers.

Old Post 05-27-2022 05:42 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Re: Cc

quote:
Originally posted by SLR
Groce’s Radio was raised and trained by Preston Groce who is still living his papers said Coxs Cannonball but he was really out of Gene Cashs Rody dog from Campbellsville Ky

I wonder who put the bogus papers on that hound and why they did it ??

Old Post 05-28-2022 09:46 PM