UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Spring Creek Rock
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Yes, yes and sometimes yes.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-29-2015 10:46 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ky Show Girl
UKC Forum Member

Re: Rock threw a a gritty hound in almost

quote:
Originally posted by cripple creek
every litter. several that I hunted with could and would today be considered mean. Just like the Rat dogs today, you needed to know how to train them. I think he was one of the first to throw a lot of tree dogs and really overall balanced dog, but you didnt have to wait on them to be 2 years old to start treeing. Most other studs in his era through some good some bad based on the female, but Rock could be bred to a brood female and throw balanced coon dogs.
I liked Radar more than rock himself because he threw tremendous hounds in almost all his litters. He could make up for a bad female as well and throw whole litters of coondogs from average females.
He was what I called a prepotent stud, which means he throws himself or better in all his litters. My experience in breeding these walkers and I have been doing it for way over thirty years is that the female generally throws about 60 % or better of the traits in the pups no matter what stud they are bred to. However the few studs I have seen where the male throws more of the genetics traits in the pups than the female was Spring Creek Rock, Spring Creek Radar, Sackett Jr. and Rat Attack. Their DNA was so strong you could see the traits several generations down. You had to actually breed the traits out.

Ill give you a case in point. Houses Clint threw some nice dogs. He even threw the immortal houses lipper, but he had to be bred to just the right lineage of a female to get exceptional results. I saw him bred to one of the best natural and most complete honest coondogs that ever lived who was strong, strong finley river bred and the entire litter was a complete bust. Non of them could tree a coon at any age.
She was later bred to a finley river bred dog and threw generations of reproducing males and females that are the backbones of a well respected kennel still operating over 20 years later.
One of the studs listed above bred to this female would have at least thrown a majority of outstanding pups from this same cross.

The one thing that is a missing question in this equation and conversation on Rock is this: Does freezing the semen do something to the DNA structure and change the reproduction qualites of their offspring.
Limo was a case study in this. He was bred to several females and only a handful of nice dogs were produced from it. The Lipper semen that produced Cade and TJ's Stylish lipper only time will prove if their offspring can reproduce.
Old Rock threw dogs that reproduced dogs that could reproduce.
Lipper threw dogs that produced outstanding dogs, you could find reproducing studs several generations down the line but Limo couldnt do it and Cade should have done it and he is almost 11 and you dont see a book full of studs from him.
You see my question here?
I am not knocking anyones dogs, its just the jury is still out on is can the frozen semen produce dogs that show grandsons and great grandsons being nice reproducers.

Thats my 2 cents worth for what that is worth.

We can only experiment and time will tell. Its worth it if someone has the money to do it.

Radar had banjo in him.that why the finley river people couldn't stand him.one thing we agree on he was the best reproducing dog out of rock.its whole new game out there.

Old Post 07-30-2015 01:42 AM
Ky Show Girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ky Show Girl Click here to Send Ky Show Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Ky Show Girl Add Ky Show Girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SpringCreekRock
New UKC Forum Member

Does anybody on here have a Spring Creek Rock female? The reason I ask I have one straw from Elimanator dog. Must have vet that knows what there doing. If interested and your close to upper Mi send me pm. Would do for pick of litter and one other pup.

Old Post 08-04-2015 03:22 PM
SpringCreekRock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SpringCreekRock Click here to Send SpringCreekRock a Private Message Click Here to Email SpringCreekRock Find more posts by SpringCreekRock Add SpringCreekRock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Mueller
UKC Forum Member

The walker breed shouldn't be going backwards fellows it supposed to be moving forwards. There are a lot of dogs today that would reproduce a lot better hounds than rock. I'm sure most of the walkers have a shot of him in there pedigree already anyway. 60 percent of it is whether the pup gets in the right hands or not. I have a hound at my house u could breed to for free and I'd bet u would be happy with the results. Most of the dogs u see today are born already looking up kinda curious if they were like that 40 years ago.

Grnitech pr" Crow Creek Hillbilly Hammer
Grnitech pr" Crow Creek Tree Rockin Ruby
Ntch grch pr Crow Creek Hillbilly Harley Jr
Ntch ch pr Crow Creek Hillbilly Blaster
Ntch ch pr Crow Creek Hillbilly Holly

Old Post 08-04-2015 05:01 PM
Joe Mueller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Mueller Click here to Send Joe Mueller a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Mueller Find more posts by Joe Mueller Add Joe Mueller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

Rock

I started coonhuntin with my Dad and his friends as a 9 year old kid in the Early 70s Around 1978 My Brother got A ROCK PUP FOR ALMOST NOTHING The pup was A JUNK RUNNING FOOL THAT COULD CATCH A RED FOX But He was A TREMENDOUS COONDOG aswell that STARTED TREEING COONS AT 6 MONTHS OLD He Had A Monster Locate and WAS AHEAD OF HIS TIME ....He had NO REVERSE and NO QUIT IN HIM, DIDNT NEED ANYTHING TO TAKE HIM HUNTING AND HE WAS ALWAYS UPFRONT WHATEVER HE RAN ... When he Located a tree HE WOULD HIT IT LIKE A BOLT OF LIGHTNING YOU COULD HEAR HIM FOR EVER I only hunted with one son from Rock but couple the old timers AROUND HERE Were to tight to spend money TALKED ABOUT HIM FOR MANY YEARS In my opinion Rock had alot to offer.... SPRING CREEK ROCK,HILLBILLY MAC and HOUSES LIPPER WERE THE 80S BEST I owned pups from all 3 NONE OTHERS COMPARED TO THE ROCK PUP I HAD Not even close

Old Post 05-24-2022 02:57 AM
James B Grice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James B Grice Click here to Send James B Grice a Private Message Click Here to Email James B Grice Find more posts by James B Grice Add James B Grice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedCreek Hunter
UKC Forum Member

Anybody ever have anything with Rock crossed on Diamond Jim or maybe Tom Tom? I know Burgess Big John was off Tom Tom and a Jim female. Or maybe some Deamon and Rock bred stuff?

Old Post 06-01-2022 06:57 PM
RedCreek Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedCreek Hunter Click here to Send RedCreek Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by RedCreek Hunter Add RedCreek Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

THE DOG IS ROCKS DADDY

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 06-02-2022 02:04 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote