UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « First ... « 84 85 [86] 87 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Great eating

Yes Donald they are fine eating especially the belly and cheek meat. As good as it gets out of the river. We got into some Crappie yesterday. They fine eating to.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-23-2022 11:05 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Shadinc

sorry to intrude in on you boys conversation Steve, but I knew at one time Donald bred his female to Big Country and I was wondering how the pups turned out, Just curious, you guys have a great day.

Old Post 06-25-2022 02:56 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Re: To Hot To Hunt

quote:
Originally posted by steve bankston
host gifs

To hot to hunt but perfect for catching monster flatheads. Fifth one this spring snd also the biggest, 60 pounds. Life is great here on the river and farm.

Old Post 06-25-2022 11:00 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Save the Children

My Unborn Son
My Only Son
The Untold Story

I’m about to tell a story that very very few know. Oh, maybe they heard rumors 36 Years Ago this month but I promise you, they don’t know the Truth. God put this on my Heart to Tell a while back, I told Him No. He applied more pressure to my heart and emotions until I have No Choice. But you do. Until your time is up on this earth, you always have choices. Make the Right Ones. This story is about the Best Choice I Ever Made in my Life. For Life. God has made it my mission to tell it hoping it will influence others into making the right choice also. In a world full of bitterness and hate, killing the innocent, unborn children, we need to stand and fight, shout our stories in Support of Life. This is My Story:

June/July, 1983. Brings back Good Memories doesn’t it? I was 18 years old, soon to be 19. My Girlfriend was 17, and Pregnant. I was a manager of a Country Grocery Store In Gillsburg Mississippi. Just a few miles west of where the Band, Lynard Skynard, crashed their plane many years ago. When I found out she was pregnant, I was also dating another young woman that was older than me and taught Sunday School in Gillsburg and special Ed Kids in Louisiana. I had a Choice to make and I made it. She told me her mom wanted her to have an abortion and she had no choice. She would then go to college and have a better life than having a baby at a young age. I went and met with her mom and dad and put options on the table. I would keep the baby and raise him while she stayed with her folks and went to college and afterwards if we loved one another we would be married. Or they raise the baby. No deal. I went to the Catholic Priest where they went to church and told him what was going on and he went and talked with them, no deal. They sent her to New Orleans to have the abortion done. She stayed with her Aunt and Uncle and I found out where she was. Her Aunt had to take her cousin to speech class at 10am on the day she was to have the abortion that afternoon. I had my Pontiac Grand Prix SJ packed up and rolling into New Orleans. I had told No One my plans. I had a few thousand bucks saved up and all my guns, tent, sleeping bags and clothes in the car. Plan? Go to Sin City, Las Vegas and see if we could get married to save our child. Pulled up to her Aunt and Uncles house at 10:20 am and Dropped the Hammer after she got in the car. Didn’t stop until we were Well into New Mexico. That’s right, over 24 hours straight with no sleep. All the way out of Louisiana and across the whole State of Texas. We were running Scared. Slept that next day and started driving at night. Less chance of the car being identified. Las Vegas said No, both had to be 18 or have parents consent. We drifted on, not knowing what to do. All the way up to Spokane Washington, at the Canadian Border and back down to Missoula Montana. Stayed there a week then drifted some more. We saw heat waves in Vegas and Frost In Idaho. Went from 117 in the Desert to 30 in the Mountains. Yellowstone and Glacial National Park’s. Jackson Hole Wyoming. We saw some things, some beautiful things and despite how scared and lost we were not knowing what to do, we soaked it all in. Gods Beauty. Came down to Denver Colorado then cut out for Memphis Tennessee. My pops has a sister that lives there. We had been gone a Month with no contact to either of our families. Money was running lower than I liked and I finally had to admit, we needed help. We called my Pops from his sisters and found out a lot. Her parents had the law and private investigators all over my parents area hunting us. Her moms side of the family was knocking on kin folks doors trying to find us. I would be in deep trouble if caught even though they claimed they just wanted their daughter home and would let her have the baby. I didn’t take the bait. Pops said he found out that Florida had a Law that if a girl is pregnant you tell your story to a Judge and they decide if you can get married or not. Next morning we were in the wind to Pensacola Florida. Got her blood test, got results, told story, got married and came home. Her daddy came around but her mother didn’t. Very Bitter, until the baby was born. I always loved to read western books and there was this one book they ended up making a movie about many many years ago. The book and the movie were named, “ Call Me Shane”. I had the name of my Son picked out Years before I ever met this girl that was to be his mother. I was in the Delivery Room waiting his arrival. It got Show Time and things were happening. Nurse came flying around the table and tripped over my wife’s drip stand. It smashed to the floor, jerking the needle back in her hand and the Blood started flowing up the line. That’s the last thing I remember. They say I smacked the floor and bounced a couple of times. They drug me out into the hall and shut the door and delivered our Baby Boy. When I came to, my Mother In Law was standing there and because I had a mask on my face she thought I was a Doctor taking a break. We all let go of our differences the day my son was born. Spent many good years as part of the family but I had Demons running through my blood that would not let me be happy. Despite having a Historic Show Place Of a Lodge on the Sandstone Bluffs above the River and a driveway One Mile long that Dead ended at the house, a wife and a 10 year old son, I walked away. Me and her was as different as Night and Day and I couldn’t take it anymore. I have Never Regretted the Decision to Run and Save my Unborn Son and I have Never Regretted that I walked away. I Do Regret All the Pain I have caused with decisions I made in my life. Lots of Pain. This story doesn’t have a Happy Ever After Ending, Not by a Long Shot. But My Son now has Two Sons Of his on. The Bankston name will carry on with Levi and Lincoln. All because I Refused to Not have a Choice. I refused to be silenced as I Raised My Voice, For Life of My Unborn Son!! Men, Stand Up!! That is Your Children that are being killed too! Fight back for your Right as a Father!! It might not have a Fairy Tale Ending but that’s Life! Nothing worth Fighting For is Never Easy and comes with Sacrifice. Do the Right Thing and May the Angels Rejoice and Sing.
I could tell many more stories of the adventures we had on that trip. Tomorrow I will post more and a few pictures from that month on the Run. If my story helps One Girl decide to keep, love and raise her unborn child, if my story helps inspire one guy to love that girl if only for a little while so that child can be born, if my story stops an abortion that would have otherwise been done, then I have accomplished what God put on my Heart to do. This is not about attention for me or condemning others, this is about saving the Unborn Children. Gods Children. You Do Have A Choice, Make the Right One.

Old Post 07-03-2022 04:16 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Deer Season

Me and my grandsons had another great deer season on my farm. All total we killed 7 nice bucks. Mason started the season with a big spike during youth season. I killed a big 7 point before Thanksgiving then a fine high racked 8 point two days after Christmas. I went and picked Cayden up Friday and that evening I killed another nice 7 point then Saturday evening I sat in our shooting house with Cayden and had him pass on some Doe’s then just before dark a real nice 7 point came out and Cayden made a perfect shot with his 7mm-08. Davy killed the other two bucks, both 7 points and real nice deer. I also killed a wild hog. I had two of them during Turkey season show up when they weren’t bigger than a beagle dog. I went to feeding them everyday with my young steers and heifers and they got calmed down enough I petted one of them off and on. Older they got the wilder they started to get. One was a female so when I got the chance last month at a deer feeder, I took her out before she started having litters. Best sausage patties I’ve ever eaten. My great uncle had this farm for many years before I got it. He bred Duroc and Hampshire meat hogs into the wild ones he would trap them cut them back loose in Black Branch Swamp. These two pigs definitely had some meat hog influence because they had good hams on them. Been Coon hunting off and on. Not as hard as I use to but I still go. Just have the 3, Bo, Roxy and Josey. Me and my son Shane and his oldest, Levi, taking a trip next week to hunt the Yazoo Refuge in the Delta. Be my fourth year in a row to go to the delta. It’s nice to hunt some different, better woods with more coon every now and then. Still doing a lot of Native American Artifact collecting. I started it after my neck surgery 5 years ago. I counted all my different points, arrowheads, scrapers, knife blades and such the other day and have well over a thousand total. On my land a creek runs through the middle and I have the river here at home. Bought an old two bottom plow a couple years ago. Plow up a half acre then wait on the heavy rain then go with a bucket and fill it up with artifacts. Every little rise above the creek bottom will have them if you plow the ground. Ole Bo will be 10 years old in June. Hard to believe him and my adventures are just about done. Most likely this trip to the Delta will be his last road trip. Time sure gets away from ya when your retired and not in a hurry any more. Seems like time speeds up.

Old Post 01-19-2023 08:13 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Liars

Been hunting Bo and Roxy a little. Not near like I use to but I let them stretch their legs now and then. Bo looks really good every time I take him. For a old dog that don’t get hunted much he sure makes me proud. Been blessed lately as I watch God tend to business. It’s amazing what can happen when you turn it all over to him instead of plotting revenge or payback yourself. Some call it Karma, I call it God punishing the Liars and Rumor spreaders. If I did half the things I hear I’ve done or been accused of doing I would be dead or in prison but yet, here I am, enjoying my great life. Never been arrested or charged with a crime in my life. Let them keep running their stupid mouths, as Jesus said about the hypocrite Christians, they have their reward. Closer I get to God, the further from people I want to be. We are definitely in the end times as people have become lovers of themselves and only believe lies and turn from the truth. It would surprise many to know the one lying and spreading false rumors the most. His time is near. When he’s gone, I will still be here. Bo and Roxy split the other night. She was on a big den and Bo had went 900 yards deeper and was on the river bank on a huge oak. Had a big boar Coon I put down to him. Only shot 4 coons this past season. Didn’t hunt a lot so didn’t take many. Should be more to run this fall. I sold out of the beef cattle business. It’s a money pit that eats away at your wallet to much for my liking. It’s a great tax shelter if you still work but I’ve been retired 7 years now so it don’t help me get any money back because I don’t make any. Just wasn’t worry it even though I enjoyed fooling with them. Been hunting Native American Artifacts and bought a nice metal detector I’m about to start using. I know where several very old homesites from the 1800’s are so I’m gonna try and find some lost gold. My chickens had been laying a lot of eggs for the past few months but the other evening the coyotes got all of them. So out of chicken business to. Just gonna let my farm be for wildlife. You don’t have to keep it fenced in, fed everyday, vaccinated or report as income when you sell or kill it. Government is out to push all small farmers out of business, trying to control it all and us. Been working around the house and on my river bank the past month. We had 3 weeks of warm dry weather and it sure was nice. Boiled up crawfish several different times and doing some fishing. My Purple Martins showed up on March 1st this year. I have a dozen in the gourds by my corral at the farm. Love to hear them singing and chattering in the mornings and flying back in before sunset. Turkeys been gobbling good. Getting a little rain right now, more tonight so Bo won’t get to go tree a couple. Maybe tomorrow night.

Old Post 03-24-2023 10:19 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Rolling Fork Mississippi and others

Please keep the folks of Rolling Fork Mississippi to Winona in your prayers. They were hit by what appears to be a EF-5 wedge tornado last night and early morning reports are at least 23 dead and expected to be more. The drone videos I have seen are awful. Worse than war zones, the destruction is catastrophic. Times like this I wish I was a rich man so I could go help communities rebuild. As great a country as we are when things like this happen it seems politicians run to get some tv exposer and voted but a month later the people and tragedies are forgotten about. Truly sad. Rolling Fork is in the Delta up from Vicksburg and close to the Yazoo Refuge I like to hunt a few nights each year. Close to Twin Oaks to. If you haven’t heard look it up on Facebook and view the videos of what’s left of the towns. Heartbreaking.

Old Post 03-25-2023 05:43 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO X ROXY

Roxy started coming in heat two weeks ago. I got her bred to Bo on Good Friday and then again on Easter Sunday. I had his semen checked by the Vet and he said it looked great, especially great for a dog his age so excellent chance she will have me a few Bo pups. I’ve waited 2 years to make this cross. She will be 4 years old on June 26th, same day Bo turns 10. Uncle/Niece cross, shes off Bo’s half brother, Zero. This will put Bocephus as Grandsire on top side and Great Grandsire on bottom. I’m keeping to black headed male pups for myself and will get down to one by the time they a year to 18 months old. If it all works out and I have a young Coon hound out of this cross, he will be my last one. If it don’t work out, Bo is my last one. I don’t have the drive and desire for it I once did. My fire is dying down as life takes it’s toll. I’m hoping a pup from this cross will rekindle that fire for a few more years of adventures in Black Branch Swamp.

Old Post 04-13-2023 11:06 AM
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

Steve, I hope you get exactly what you want out of this cross. I love reading your posts and hope your fire and passion for coon hunting is rekindled. Best wishes for you and your hounds. Lord bless you.

Southern Thunder Bluetick Kennels

At Stud: GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S BLUE WHIP
PERFORMANCE SIRE $300 STUD FEE

HOME OF: GRNITECH GRCH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX
2015 TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPION
2015 PURINA RACE BREED CHAMPION
2015 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITECH BLUETICK
2015 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2015 AUTUMN OAKS BBOA / BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 WINTER CLASSIC DOUBLE CAST WINNER PURINA POINTS EVENT
2015 WINTER CLASSIC BBOA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 ARKANSAS STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 MISSOURI STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 KENTUCKY STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 INDIANA STATE PURINA CONTEDER CAST WINNER
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA TEXAS STATE CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA / WESTERN ENGLISH SHOOTOUT DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UNITED ENGLISH ARKANSAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE OVERALL CHAMPION
2015 BBOA YOUTH NATIONALS CAST WINNER 2ND OVERALL HIGH SCORE
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 HOUND OF THE YEAR
2015 BBOA/BBCHA GRAND REUNION RQE 1ST PLACE IOWA
2015 BBOA NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL CAST WINNER / 1ST RUNNER UP
2015 ELBERT VAUGHN MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BILL JACKSON MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BOOMER SOONER CLASSIC CHAMPION
2015 WESTERN ENGLISH SPRING CLASSIS CAST WINNER
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP CAST WINNER
2015 BLUETICK CHALLENGE CHAMPION
2015 BBOA OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UKC WORLD HUNT CAST WINNER
2016 PURINA NATIONALS CAST WINNER / BREED CHAMPION / HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
5 Time World Qualifier and 3 Peat Zone Champion
Too many wins to list them all
2020 Performance Sire at Stud
GRCH GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX

Thanks to everyone who has breed to Crocket or is hunting one of his offspring

Old Post 04-14-2023 01:09 PM
southernthunder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southernthunder Click here to Send southernthunder a Private Message Find more posts by southernthunder Add southernthunder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Come Out in Jesus Name

Thanks Eddie, appreciate the encouragement. Now that I’ve sold out of the cattle business maybe I can get back into the groove of Coon hunting every night if I could get a good pup from this cross that excites me. I know most us old folks don’t go to the movies anymore, I hadn’t been in 30 years or more. But this week a movie put out by Pastor Greg Locke and others came out for two nights, Monday and Tuesday, across the nation. It’s called, Come Out in Jesus Name. I went by myself to Hammond an hour drive one way to see it then went back again and brought a friend the next night. It’s about evil spirits and demons that need cast out. The things Jesus did in His days but no pastors talk about anymore because it makes people uncomfortable and when they get uncomfortable they quit coming to church and the money quits coming in. Everyone just wants to go to church for the feel good feeling it gives them to sing and be seen smile and put on a good show for man, not God. Then go home and fight the demons inside them alone, behind closed doors and continue to sin and turn their backs on their friends. This movie is outstanding and draws attention to how far away from the truth all churches have fallen just to make people feel more comfortable and good about themselves. If it shows again I highly recommend everyone that believes in God and trying to live a better life by digging deeper for more of the truth to go see this movie. Look up Pastor Greg Locke on Facebook, he’s a warrior for Christ. Most people thst don’t like him think they just fine the way they are, no reason to change or try to draw closer to God. They in their comfort zone and don’t want to be any different. That’s exactly why this country is where it is today. To many lazy, comfortable people that continue to ignore the truth of what is happening all around us.

Old Post 04-15-2023 05:36 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO X ROXY PUPS

Took Roxy to Covington La. this morning to Green, Lewis and Associates Vetinary and Reproductive Clinic and they did the Ultrasound on Roxy. We counted 5 or 6 for sure pups in her. I was really hoping and praying she was gonna have me some Bo pups, now that I’ve sold the beef cattle and decided I want to put all my time and effort into one more pup and if he makes it i want to travel the country Coon hunting and site seeing. Selling the John Deere tractor and loader with attachments at the farm and using the money to buy me a nice camper to pull with my truck. Fall, early Winter and then again in the spring I want to be going different places and staying a month at the time Coon hunting, competition hunting and visiting fellow Coon hunters and site seeing. It’s time to quit dreaming up different projects around the house or farm to do that keeps me to busy and hurting to much to enjoy the good things in life I loved for many years. I prayed to God if it wasn’t His will then I didn’t want Roxy to have any pups and I would just sell her snd finish Coon hunting old Bo for the next couple years and be done. God Willing, the pup I keep from this litter will be the once in a lifetime freak we all dream of having and I can do him justice. Hoping to write the book I’ve thought about writing and so many people all across the country encouraged me to write over the years. Strangers that read stories or poems I wrote and loved my writing style. While on the road, free from the stress of a farm or the flooding river life I sometimes have to deal with, my mind and heart will hopefully settle down snd come together to write a best seller. This starts the last chapter of my life, the first step of that dream started today with that Ultrasound on Roxy. We reach our goals with consistent, small steps and Gods help.

Old Post 05-04-2023 05:17 PM
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

Re: Come Out in Jesus Name

quote:
Originally posted by steve bankston
Thanks Eddie, appreciate the encouragement. Now that I’ve sold out of the cattle business maybe I can get back into the groove of Coon hunting every night if I could get a good pup from this cross that excites me. I know most us old folks don’t go to the movies anymore, I hadn’t been in 30 years or more. But this week a movie put out by Pastor Greg Locke and others came out for two nights, Monday and Tuesday, across the nation. It’s called, Come Out in Jesus Name. I went by myself to Hammond an hour drive one way to see it then went back again and brought a friend the next night. It’s about evil spirits and demons that need cast out. The things Jesus did in His days but no pastors talk about anymore because it makes people uncomfortable and when they get uncomfortable they quit coming to church and the money quits coming in. Everyone just wants to go to church for the feel good feeling it gives them to sing and be seen smile and put on a good show for man, not God. Then go home and fight the demons inside them alone, behind closed doors and continue to sin and turn their backs on their friends. This movie is outstanding and draws attention to how far away from the truth all churches have fallen just to make people feel more comfortable and good about themselves. If it shows again I highly recommend everyone that believes in God and trying to live a better life by digging deeper for more of the truth to go see this movie. Look up Pastor Greg Locke on Facebook, he’s a warrior for Christ. Most people thst don’t like him think they just fine the way they are, no reason to change or try to draw closer to God. They in their comfort zone and don’t want to be any different. That’s exactly why this country is where it is today. To many lazy, comfortable people that continue to ignore the truth of what is happening all around us.

Amen! Amen! Amen!
The people are looking for an end time revival, but the bible teaches there would be a great falling away. They are falling away from the Truth.

2015 BBOA / WESTERN ENGLISH SHOOTOUT DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UNITED ENGLISH ARKANSAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE OVERALL CHAMPION
2015 BBOA OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT

Old Post 05-05-2023 01:09 AM
southernthunder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southernthunder Click here to Send southernthunder a Private Message Find more posts by southernthunder Add southernthunder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Frank Erwin

The man that helped me get into Coon hunting and tried to show me his way of doing it for many years as we tromped through the thickets and swamps of Louisiana and Mississippi, passed away peacefully this morning. Mr Frank Erwin of Kentwood, La. I had a grade Bluetick I called Sam but didn’t have a clue how to Coon hunt in my early 20’s. Mr Frank invited me down well before daylight one summer morning to meet and hunt with him. He cooked us up a breakfast of biscuits with cheese grated into the dough and sausage. Treated me like he had known me all my life and made me feel more welcome than anybody ever has. He sold me my first registered Bluetick over 30 years ago, Bonnie. She’s buried here at my place on the bank of the Bogue Chitto River. Not because she was thst great of a coon dog because at best, just average. Mine don’t get better the longer they been dead. She’s buried here because of the great respect I have for Mr Frank and because she was my first Coon dog thst would actually stay treed longer than 5 minutes. Mr Frank was a character, a tough, tell it like it is, great old character of a man that this country is needing many more like him. A God fearing, family loving and protecting, hard working man. You didn’t have to ever wonder what he was thinking because it always found it’s way out his mouth whether you liked it or not. No beating around the bushes, hinting and suggesting BS with him. He laid it out clear for anyone to understand. We got along great until John Wick wrote a book called Walk With Wick. After I read it a couple times and seen that Mr Frank’s way of training might not be the only way, in the middle of a possum whooping contest on our two sorry hounds, he would look up all red faced and sweat pouring and ask, what would Wick Do?!! Boy, he didn’t like it when I would suggest Wick might do it a little different, lol!! Me and him had some times for many years. I bought a Colt .22 pistol from him one night. He couldn’t hit squat with it and had bought it new. This was 30 years ago when I bought it. He said he got it in the late 60’s or early 70’s. It has the .22 magnum cylinder to. I went in my home after midnight waking my wife up asking where the check book was. Of course she wanted to know why. I told her Mr Frank was waiting on me to write the check for a pistol I was buying for 175 bucks. We barley had 200 in our account and she wasn’t happy but I wear the pants in my home and I wrote that check. Still have the gun and will til the day I die, wouldn’t take a million bucks for it right now. He was a true friend, if he had a problem with you or heard something he didn’t like he would straight up ask you. He never wanted anything to fester, never spread lies or rumors. A True Christian Man that’s blowing his horn calling the hounds in Heaven right now. Cut Mighty Blue Magnum, Dolly, Glenda, Bonnie and Mighty Blue Jake a loose tonight Mr Frank. I will be along shortly to help you round them back up.

Last edited by steve bankston on 06-05-2023 at 07:47 PM

Old Post 06-05-2023 07:42 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Great Men Gone

Beverly’s dad will be buried tomorrow. He passed away Sunday night around midnight. He was 93, served 31 years in the Navy. Great man. Mr Frank will be buried Saturday. Visitation 9 to 11 and funeral at 11. Two great, tough, men. The kind this country ain’t making no more of. Roxy is on day 63 from the first breeding to Bo. She didn’t eat hardly anything today, panting heavy, tearing up my rugs in the kiddie pool and has a clear thick discharge right now. Tonight will be puppy watch night for me. Everything going text book perfect so far, praying it continues. I have her in my insulated building and it stays 80 degrees night and day without anything on right now. It’s under shade trees and has 3 inches styrofoam in walls and a foot in the attic. I might turn the heater on and get it to 85 or so but it’s not where they gonna catch a chill very quick if they crawl away from her a while. Rather not make it to hot on her until she had them then warm it up a little more. Gonna be a very busy next few days.

Old Post 06-08-2023 12:21 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ROXY

Roxy started having her BO pups about 10pm last night. As of 6am this morning she has 9 but one was dead so 8 big pups. I think she’s done but not positive. At 2am there were 6 and then 4 hours later 9. I’ve cleaned out the kiddie pool, dried them off and put a clean blanket under them. Fed Roxy at 2am and she ate good then again at 6 and she gobbled it down and drinking water so all looks good so far. I gave her calf liver, sardines, cottage cheese, Oxy mama meat treat and toms for her belly. Her milk had came down and bags filling up. 8 is a perfect number of pups to have to raise for her first litter so hoping she don’t have anymore. 10 year old Bo throwing big litter for his age and for her first litter. Probably get him drawn next week and send it to north Georgia to be put on some Smokey River bred bear and coon dogs. Like to scatter a few more of his pups around before my buddy is gone.

Update on Roxy and pups. 6-8-2023: she had 11 total got 10 living. Hoping she’s done because she had a big litter for a first time mom.

Last edited by steve bankston on 06-08-2023 at 09:14 PM

Old Post 06-08-2023 01:30 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Roxy X Bo Pup Update

Roxy pups are 9 days old and doing great. The runt died early on so 9 big healthy pups doing well. 6 males 3 females, all spoken for. Bought some postal scales for weighing them the other day and they weighed around
1 3/4 pounds on Wednesday evening. This morning they weigh 2.4 pounds. Growing fast and Roxy taking excellent care of them. I feed her 4 to 5 times a day. She’s getting Diamond puppy food mixed with Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete. Dog food at 6am, 2pm and 7pm. Snack plate at 10am and 4pm. The snack plate has sweet potato, yogurt, cheese and mackerel on it. She’s got plenty milk so far which is great for a first time mama feeding 9 hungry pups. Next week I will give them their first worming and a dose of Total Toltrazuril for Coccidia prevention. If you’ve never heard of it, look it up. It’s the absolute best at guaranteeing pups don’t get Coccidia. I am prepared this time to raise the best healthiest litter possible. I’m keeping two males and by this time next year will be decided on the one I’m keeping and put my time in him. After I get him started and he’s treeing Coon on his on I will probably sell Roxy just so she don’t sit in the pen not getting hunted. I’ve always had to many and split my time up to much. This will be my last Bluetick and I’m going to give him everything I got, which ain’t much but he’s gonna get the time I can give him. Bocephus top and bottom on these pups and lots of other top, well known hounds that were also great reproducers. I look for this litter to really shine.

Old Post 06-17-2023 04:58 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Praying for Cayden

Cayden had a brain aneurysm over a week ago while on a trip for his 16th birthday with his mom. The miracle and blessing is they were in Boston and she got him to Boston’s Children’s Hospital quick and they did brain surgery to stop the hemorrhage. He was born with a rare thing and no one knew until now. His vessels in his head are tangled in a knot and instead of looking like roads on a road map it looks like a back lash birds nest on a open face bait casting real. His next surgery to remove the last bit of clot and untangle the vessels is this coming Monday. It’s a very dangerous surgery so please pray for my hunting buddy to have a successful surgery with no permanent disabilities. I’ve been a big book collector for many years and have serval copies of each Walk With Wick book. I asked Brendon Toney if he would do a thing on Facebook for me selling spots for 20 each at a chance for the book to raise money for Cayden’s mom and her expenses while she’s in Boston trying to take care of her son. Brendon did and sold 100 spots in less than 12 hours and spun today and a man in Tennessee won the book. I messaged him for his address so I could ship it priority mail first thing in the morning and he donated the book back so we could raise some more money to help Cayden. God Bless him snd everyone thst bought a spot! Just when you think there are no more genuine good hearted people left, strangers you never met come out of the wood works trying to help. I think Brendon Toney is going to put the book up for auction for a week and high bidder gets it. So please, if you can spare the money and want a original black cover Walk With Wick, 1985, please go to Brendon Facebook page and bid. Cayden loves hunting and fishing with me and loves the hounds like I do. God made sure he was in the right place before that clot hit his brain. So Gods not done yet!!! He will have a successful surgery Monday I have no doubt! All faith in God! But they will have a mountain of bills pouring in over the summer so if you can afford to bid on the book to help a young hunter out I hope that you will. And if not, please pray for my little buddy.

Old Post 06-23-2023 10:08 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo X Roxy pups

Pups turned 5 weeks old today and all 9 of them are doing fantastic and growing like bad weeds. They will be heading to their new homes next weekend. I always give a pup away to a kid out of the few litters I’ve done in my life and since this is most likely the last litter I will do I decided to do it different. Instead of picking the person we sold spots at 20 bucks each and gonna spin the wheel for the winner mid week next week. The winner gets the free pup that’s UKC and PKC SS And All the Money from selling the chances. Right now it will be at least 800 Cash and the puppy the winning youth gets. That will help him or her to take care of the pup and buy any equipment needed to Coon hunt. Giving a pup away is a good jester but it could be just another monthly Bill the folks don’t need. I feel it’s our responsibility to not only encourage the youth by taking them hunting or giving them a pup but also help build a good kennel, dog box or money for the things they need for that puppy. Baseball coaches don’t hand kids a ball and glove and tell them good luck, we shouldn’t either. We need to do more than just giving away a pup so that’s why I did it this way this time. Mr Frank Erwin helped young folks a lot and loaned them lights and things to help them stay in the sport. I did this to honor him in remembrance of him and all he taught me and helped me with. This litter of pups is fine, proud, bold, well built puppies. I’m very proud of them and looking forward to starting my 2, Neo and Rango. Cayden had his brain surgery and it lasted 10 hours. All went good and he is home recovering now. He’s got many months before hopefully he’s back to normal with no lifetime disabilities. Fund raisers have been done to help with his bills, by me and another by Domino’s pizza. Not the first church had done a thing. Not one. They should be ashamed of themselves the church near him and the one we go to that knows what the poor boy is going through. Know who does the giving? Coon hunters, farmers, Harley Davidson Bar Room Brawlers. The kind that hardly ever or never goes to church. Those are the biggest hearted biggest givers. Church in my opinion is in sad shape in this country and it’s easy for me to see why. I’ve had health issues the past 6 years and just found out I have to have two more disc took out of my neck immediately. So surgery is scheduled for August. Then a back surgery then carotid artery’s surgery both sides. That’s why my giddy up and go has gotty up and went the past couple years, I’m a walking dead man, lol. But I’ve got Faith in God and I know without a doubt once I heal from this neck surgery, I’m going to feel so much better. The neurosurgeon said the one that took out the other two disc 5 years ago should of took all 4 out then. Said he made a mess in my neck and I’ve been having permanent nerve damage that can’t be reversed. He can only prevent it from getting worse by removing these other disc that are severely herniated, pressing into my spinal canal and one of them is almost totally dissolved because of my degenerative disc disease. God will heal me because I’ve got pups to train. Gods my Sponsor, who’s yours?

Old Post 07-12-2023 09:21 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Best Pups Ever

The winner of the male puppy from Bo X Roxy came Saturday and picked him up and the female pup they bought. Fisher Welch won the pup and all the money raised from selling chances for the pup, 740 cash. That will go a long way in helping that boy buy the feed, vaccinations, wormer, new boots and light or whatever else he might need. He’s very passionate about Coon hunting and loves it already. Now he has his on pup to train. All you old Coon hunters that have trained a lot of pups over the years know that the most favorite, exciting time of that pups life and yours, Is when he crawls up on that first tree all alone in the swamp and throws those first locates under his first Coon. At that very moment, the money spent, the blood, sweat and tears, it’s all worth it and are the farther’est thing from your mind as you try to run, stumble, trip and fall on the way to your pup. Your heart is so full of pride and happiness, it’s about to burst. Only one thing in raising puppies matches that moment, that’s when you give a kid a puppy and see the excitement on their face as they look at all the ones they can pick from running around the yard as they make their choice. A choice that hopefully will work into a life long relationship and bond between boy and puppy and last a dozen years or more giving him memories that will last forever. A puppy that will grow with him, be there when he goes to first grade and be there when he graduates high school. Yes sir, it was a great time watching him pick his pup, then snatch him off the ground and pack him around. I gave him an old Coon hunting book, The Coon Hunters Handbook, first written in 1952. The rest of the puppies will leave here this Saturday to their new homes. I will be down to my two choices, Rango and Neo. This litter is wired up. When cut out of pen they scatter all over the yard. Looking for some of them to do great things if given the chance. I have no doubt they will all make Coon dogs, just how great of a coon dog they make remains to be seen.

Old Post 07-26-2023 11:31 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Rango

This is Bogue Chitto Blue Rango. He’s a stout, well put together pup off Bo X Roxy. He’s gonna have it all. Excited to get my neck surgery behind me and go to work with Rango.

Last edited by steve bankston on 07-28-2023 at 01:27 PM

Old Post 07-28-2023 01:25 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo x Roxy litter of pups

Here is the whole litter of pups. I took them out of the building and put in the kennel at 3 1/2 weeks old. A few days later and Rango was at the top, had already mastered the steps. Neo was the next pup then within a week all the pups were up and down the steps. The youngest by far of any pups I’ve had to figure the steps out and have no fear of going up or down. This also gives them lots of exercise for those growing legs and lungs. Winners in the making.

Old Post 07-28-2023 01:39 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Puppy Power

Playing with the pups this morning with the Coon skin toy tied to a bamboo pole. They took right to it. Rango on the right stretched out on the tree. I walk them to my deer feeder on the hill above the kennel each morning. The coons are hitting it hard every night and their muddy tracks are on the legs of the feeder. All the pups smell that scent and get up on the legs looking for him. Tails up and wagging. I’ve bought pups before and they be six or eight months old and the first Coon scent they smell scares them and they run back to the house. Every pup Bo has sired always had those proud tails up and get excited at a young age at Coon scent. When it’s bred in them and natural born, makes my job a lot easier. These pups will be treeing their on Coon by the end of Coon season last of February. They will be 8 months old then and that’s when Bo started treeing his on. Bocephus, Bodacious, Salin Sadie, Rambo II, JBS Chief and more, All of them Top and Bottom in these pups pedigree.

Last edited by steve bankston on 07-28-2023 at 04:42 PM

Old Post 07-28-2023 03:50 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Neck surgery Again

Had my second neck surgery on Wednesday. They removed C 5/6, 6/7 and the titanium plate from the first surgery of C 3/4, 4/5. All went well supposedly, just tremendous pain Wednesday night but I’ve got it under control with meds now. Takes 6 months to one year to heal completely but will be back Coon hunting by end of October. These disc have been a lit of my problems snd permanently damaging nerves the past ten years. God has me on the right path and I’m looking forward to being better than ever and training my pups. Looking forward to less pain and much better quality of life. All glory to God. I’m living proof He’s still at work healing good people and I will always give Him the credit and glory because without Him we are nothing.

Old Post 08-20-2023 12:31 AM
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

Praying for you Steve. Jesus said you have not because you ask not. I'm asking in Jesus Name for a complete miracle. Lord bless you!

Old Post 08-20-2023 03:32 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Grateful

Thanks so much Eddie. Means a lot to me that people will take the time to lift me up in prayer. Because all of us could use it that’s for sure and God answers prayers. He gave me hope by giving me a litter of pups off Bo X Roxy. He gave me even more faith in His plan for me by getting me through this surgery. I have asked Him if He would show how powerful He still is by healing me better than I’ve been in twenty years and if He did I would give him all the Glory and attention every chance I got. My pups get all my time the next ten years to show that God can still work miracles, even in an old worn out msn like me. I have faith He will do what I prayed for and be with me every step of the way. He is my sponsor and healer, the only one I need. My spasms and pain in my back and legs is less already than it’s been in over ten years. When I heal in the next 6 months and work myself into shape, I will be able to hunt a dog all night every night. That’s my plan and I think it’s Gods plan for me to. I received news 3 weeks ago about something I’ve prayed about and worked on for 17 years, getting the Corps of Engineers to wrap the bank of river along the highway to keep river from washing it away and they would have to wrap all of my land to save the road so that saves all my place and doubles the value of the land. When I found out I had to have neck surgery I turned it over to God. I told Him I couldn’t physically do anymore. Few weeks later the county supervisor and engineer came to my house with the news the job had been approved by the government, 1.3 Million dollars of work about to be done here. He never quits blessing me even after 17 years of waiting and wondering. When you completely turn your life and problems over to Him, it’s amazing to watch Him work. This neck surgery took all the pressure off my bundle of nerves that’s been pinched and being permanently damaged for years and the damage can’t be reversed but no more can be damaged now. I was having so many emotional problems and anxiety and had no idea what was going on and it was my nerves being damaged going to my brain. So thankful to have my life back and to remember the ones that truly prayed and stuck by my side instead of criticizing, judging and quick to believe every lie or rumor they heard as I struggled with my health every day. I belong to God and worry not what the haters think or say. If it’s Gods will, one of my pups gonna be in the winners circle one day with me giving glory to God and telling the story of how we got there. Appreciate the prayers and encouragement Eddie and I ask God to bless your life for staying humble and true to him in a world gone mad.

Old Post 08-25-2023 01:55 AM