UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > NOCTURNAL KANE dogs
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Okieboy
UKC Forum Member

NOCTURNAL KANE dogs

i am lookin into gettin a male dog directly off him, could someone tell me more info about these dogs??

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-22-2010 06:01 AM
Okieboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okieboy Click here to Send Okieboy a Private Message Click Here to Email Okieboy Find more posts by Okieboy Add Okieboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Virgil
UKC Forum Member

A dog out of him just won the grand american

Old Post 01-22-2010 12:29 PM
Virgil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Virgil Click here to Send Virgil a Private Message Click Here to Email Virgil Find more posts by Virgil Add Virgil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okieboy
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the reply, was he directly out of him?

Old Post 01-22-2010 02:12 PM
Okieboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okieboy Click here to Send Okieboy a Private Message Click Here to Email Okieboy Find more posts by Okieboy Add Okieboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Virgil
UKC Forum Member

Yes, she was directly out of him.

Old Post 01-22-2010 02:33 PM
Virgil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Virgil Click here to Send Virgil a Private Message Click Here to Email Virgil Find more posts by Virgil Add Virgil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
V. Cannon
UKC Forum Member

a half mountain cur and kane pup won the Grand American hunt.

Old Post 01-22-2010 03:45 PM
V. Cannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for V. Cannon Click here to Send V. Cannon a Private Message Find more posts by V. Cannon Add V. Cannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okieboy
UKC Forum Member

So then im assuming they make good dogs?

How old was she?

Old Post 01-22-2010 04:09 PM
Travis Sawney
UKC Forum Member

This is what i have seen out of em.
They start early had one female that was treeing a few coon alone starting at about 6 months old. had a couple with big bawl mouths and a couple with yoddle mouths. All had unique locates and were treedogs that would hold pressure. Born treedogs that dont need a rub down or cage coon to tree.. I've started a few with little to no trash problems. possums cats and squirrels, nothing fast they look to get tree'd.

Brents a good guy to deal or just talk huntin with give him a ring. 918 421 0043

Old Post 01-22-2010 04:19 PM
Travis Sawney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Sawney Click here to Send Travis Sawney a Private Message Find more posts by Travis Sawney Add Travis Sawney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okieboy
UKC Forum Member

Does Brent know more about them?

Old Post 01-22-2010 04:58 PM
oklared
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by V. Cannon
a half mountain cur and kane pup won the Grand American hunt.
U MUST HUNT CURS AND WISH A LOT.

Old Post 01-22-2010 05:22 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
V. Cannon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by oklared
U MUST HUNT CURS AND WISH A LOT.

No curs here, I like full blood hounds.

Old Post 01-22-2010 06:00 PM
V. Cannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for V. Cannon Click here to Send V. Cannon a Private Message Find more posts by V. Cannon Add V. Cannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okieboy
UKC Forum Member

so are KANE dogs good or not fellas??

Old Post 01-22-2010 10:44 PM
Travis Sawney
UKC Forum Member

brent owns kane..... Yes kane throws some good dogs. your pick could be the best hes ever thrown or the worst. Get a pup off a nice all around female and the odds would be in your favor.

Old Post 01-22-2010 10:57 PM
Travis Sawney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Sawney Click here to Send Travis Sawney a Private Message Find more posts by Travis Sawney Add Travis Sawney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okieboy
UKC Forum Member

Well im gettin a 3 year old male directly off him, he is all grand except the dam so i was just seein how they hunt. Some say they are mean and too much treedog and others say they are excellent dogs.

Old Post 01-23-2010 07:09 AM
Travis Sawney
UKC Forum Member

I'd try it out first...

Old Post 01-23-2010 03:52 PM
Okieboy
UKC Forum Member

well the guys from nebraska but he gave me references

Old Post 01-23-2010 04:12 PM
dogfaceNH
UKC Forum Member

I would not form an opinion one way or another about Kane on a 3 year old dog you have never seen go. Remember you will always have a 1000 differences of opinion when asking about a certain dog, especially on this message board.

There are too many variable from state to state or person to person to give all dogs an equal chance to succeed. Imo, too many problems with dogs start at the loop end of the leash and not the snap end. If you buy before you try, you get what you get. jmo, wd.

Old Post 01-23-2010 04:21 PM
dogfaceNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dogfaceNH Click here to Send dogfaceNH a Private Message Click Here to Email dogfaceNH Find more posts by dogfaceNH Add dogfaceNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okieboy
UKC Forum Member

Very true thank you, i mean he just turned 3 but still if he trees coon in nebraska then i hope he can handle oklahomas terrain and weather and still tree coon.

Old Post 01-23-2010 04:30 PM
BIG$BLUES
UKC Forum Member

You need to try before you buy

NTCH DUVALL'S BIG MONEY SLIDDER

Home of those with drive!
Speak the truth it will set you free.

Old Post 01-23-2010 04:51 PM
BIG$BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIG$BLUES Click here to Send BIG$BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BIG$BLUES Find more posts by BIG$BLUES Add BIG$BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tra_cline
UKC Forum Member

before you buy an dog other than a unstarted pup, I can"t see buying one off the chain. I have hunting friends in states hrs from me that would tell you how great my dog is, but he may not even come close to what you want. point being you better try him out. I went to 5 statesand tried 7 dogs before I found my current dog. The sellers all had top notch coondawgs, but we saw 11 slick trees before the 1st coon in that search!

Travis Cline
828-216-2329

Old Post 01-23-2010 09:21 PM
tra_cline is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tra_cline Click here to Send tra_cline a Private Message Click Here to Email tra_cline Find more posts by tra_cline Add tra_cline to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jill
UKC Forum Member

Right now we have a 3 yr old PKC CH GR NT CH Kane female. She is one of the best coondogs we ever owned. shes a nice little dog. Hunted with a couple other dogs out of kane that came up empty some though. Might depend on the crosses on kane or we got real lucky... The Grand American winner was out of Kane and a redbone female.

Home Of
PKC CH GR NT CH 'PR' Ryan's Hi-Tech Mini-Me (3x Maritime CH & CN State CH)
GR NT CH 'PR' Ryan's Hi-Tech Kate(2x Maritime CH)
PKC SCH GR NT CH 'PR' Harry's Stylish Swagger

Old Post 01-24-2010 01:28 AM
Jill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jill Click here to Send Jill a Private Message Click Here to Email Jill Visit Jill's homepage! Find more posts by Jill Add Jill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okieboy
UKC Forum Member

I TRIED THE DOG OUT AND MADE 4 TREES, 1 DEN AND 3 COON

Old Post 01-24-2010 10:51 PM
Andy Edgar
UKC Forum Member

i got a 4 year old male nite ch off kane i dont hunt him very much in hunts but he is good

Old Post 01-26-2010 04:16 PM
Andy Edgar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Edgar Click here to Send Andy Edgar a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Edgar Find more posts by Andy Edgar Add Andy Edgar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Edgar
UKC Forum Member

how old is kane

Old Post 01-26-2010 04:17 PM
Andy Edgar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Edgar Click here to Send Andy Edgar a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Edgar Find more posts by Andy Edgar Add Andy Edgar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis Sawney
UKC Forum Member

I'm not real sure but he isnt real old around 8 i think?

Old Post 01-26-2010 04:31 PM
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

I've hunted with two different dogs off Kane. One being the GRNT female Jill has, by far one of the most consident coondogs i've been in the woods with nite in nite out. The other was off a different female I drew one nite in a nite hunt, the only coon he got under was treed by another dog and the next drop he pulled up short 3 times before the other dog treed the coon, so no didn't think to much about him.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 01-26-2010 04:56 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote