UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > World Champion Sambo
Should Sam be world champion
This poll is closed.
Yes 200 76.63%
No 61 23.37%
Total: 261 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CedarTree50
UKC Forum Member

World Champion Sambo

With UKC allowing Sam to go thru the finals and win. With the judge and handler having the same story about time being left in the hunt when Sam was treed. With the master of hounds receiving the scorecard and no question of anything that night and him signing off on it and being able to move on to the finals. Should Sam be the world champion. Giving him the trophy and prizes and pictures.

Last edited by CedarTree50 on 11-10-2017 at 09:14 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-10-2017 08:09 PM
CedarTree50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CedarTree50 Click here to Send CedarTree50 a Private Message Click Here to Email CedarTree50 Find more posts by CedarTree50 Add CedarTree50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

👕👕👕👕👕
S A.M.B. O

Old Post 11-10-2017 08:32 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pigeon
UKC Forum Member

Re: World Champion Sambo

quote:
Originally posted by CedarTree50
With UKC allowing Sam to go thru the finals and win. With the judge and handler having the same story about time being left in the hunt when Sam was treed. With the master of hounds receiving the scorecard and no question of anything that night and him signing off on it and being able to move on to the finals. Should Sam be the world champion. Yes or No

Voted yes

Have one question, as I'm trying to decipher through all of this hearsay. Did the handler of Sambo tree his dog Friday night of the finals through a non hunting guide?

Do you know how much money you could win with that dog?.................Now ask if I care.

Old Post 11-10-2017 08:43 PM
Pigeon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pigeon Click here to Send Pigeon a Private Message Find more posts by Pigeon Add Pigeon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CedarTree50
UKC Forum Member

Yes sir the reason is all cast members agreed to take a strike and tree call from Non hunting guide because cast got broke up and dogs was scattered everywhere all cast members agreed to this

Old Post 11-10-2017 08:45 PM
CedarTree50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CedarTree50 Click here to Send CedarTree50 a Private Message Click Here to Email CedarTree50 Find more posts by CedarTree50 Add CedarTree50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pigeon
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

I always thought if dogs were so scattered out and the judge couldn't judge them they were required to call time out. I don't know how all that works.

Do you know how much money you could win with that dog?.................Now ask if I care.

Old Post 11-10-2017 08:50 PM
Pigeon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pigeon Click here to Send Pigeon a Private Message Find more posts by Pigeon Add Pigeon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

You can't let it go as far as it did and let him win all the casts and then change your mind!! Imo he best evry dog he was cast against by treeing coon , period falls under the common sense rule , few things might have been iffy at best and if so find the person or persons that didn't. Follow protocol and put them on probation etc,, but it would be 100% wrong Imo to strip to winning dogs title over one or two crybabies that want to whine cause there dog was slick !

Old Post 11-10-2017 08:53 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marty Vincent
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by POTOMAC
You can't let it go as far as it did and let him win all the casts and then change your mind!! Imo he best evry dog he was cast against by treeing coon , period falls under the common sense rule , few things might have been iffy at best and if so find the person or persons that didn't. Follow protocol and put them on probation etc,, but it would be 100% wrong Imo to strip to winning dogs title over one or two crybabies that want to whine cause there dog was slick !

X 2 JOE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I VOTED YES

MARTY VINCENT,, 859/489/1421
259 GLENDALE AVE. LEXINGTON, KY.40511

Old Post 11-10-2017 08:57 PM
Marty Vincent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marty Vincent Click here to Send Marty Vincent a Private Message Visit Marty Vincent's homepage! Find more posts by Marty Vincent Add Marty Vincent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pigeon
UKC Forum Member

So I guess I have another question. The owners that are supposedly complaining. Did they have an incident in a prior round where 2 dogs were on different trees and seemed to be split trees but scored as one allowing dog to advance? Coon was actually in the other dogs tree. Or am I getting this confused with another dog/cast.

Old Post 11-10-2017 09:00 PM
Pigeon
UKC Forum Member

Please

Keep it civil, trying to think this out step by step.

Old Post 11-10-2017 09:02 PM
Pigeon
UKC Forum Member

Found this on another thread. Can't 100% say it was dog that got to the final cast, because of UKCs new website I can't find the matchups.

"Split trees that weren't touching got scored as one. They were shining straight through my tree, saw my coon, tried to say it was in the other tree. Then it was scored as one tree. The judge glanced up a few times and said they touched and they 100% did not. Master of hounds would have to go with the judges call. Simple as that. So I questioned the judge, and then let it be."

Old Post 11-10-2017 09:21 PM
wjoey
Banned

pretty smart post hmm maybe UKC should have done this

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 11-10-2017 09:21 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joes reticks
UKC Forum Member

I voted yes

I will say one thing coon hound bloodlines should refund one issue to everyone as that last book was a big let down like the world hunt didn't even hapen I don't buy that book to look at show dogs and that's Perty much all it was minus the few good articles in there buy breed asocations and the good laura bell rite-up.

Great hound hunters of the past quotes I like and live buy .
"Its not the legnth off the ears it whats betwen the ears "- lester Nance
" "If you did not see it in the tree it did not happen" -Herb kennedy
" I live to hunt and I hunt to live " - Henry McIntyre

Old Post 11-10-2017 09:38 PM
Joes reticks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joes reticks Click here to Send Joes reticks a Private Message Find more posts by Joes reticks Add Joes reticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Let us all keep this post civil, do not attack anyone personally ( please ). I like this format of asking questions and getting straight answers. Nothing wrong with having this information made available to the board members. Remember this should be exactly what happened and not opinion or guessing or infering based in on ones emotions. Please keep it clean or else this post will go poof! Dave

Old Post 11-10-2017 09:43 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, is this what they they are talking about on the TV when they say that they are "trying a case in the press"?

Old Post 11-10-2017 09:47 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pigeon
UKC Forum Member

I have one last question before I give my honest opinion on the matter.

Since I've already stated I cant find anything on this new website. Did Sambo have a CW Friday night at the zones that would have gotten him to the finals?

Old Post 11-10-2017 09:48 PM
blairforce1
UKC Forum Member

Just curious as to what reasoning one can come up with to vote no.

Old Post 11-10-2017 09:55 PM
blairforce1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blairforce1 Click here to Send blairforce1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blairforce1 Find more posts by blairforce1 Add blairforce1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CedarTree50
UKC Forum Member

No sir he had 125 minus on Friday night from a bad call i made. Saturday night he ended up with 375 plus with the last tree Non hunting guide said we had no time left in hunt when judge said we did. Take the last coon away he ends up with 150 still gets thru the zones.

Old Post 11-10-2017 09:57 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Robbie no matter what happens when and if we meet ole tar is going to walk up and shake your hand you have kept your composure and you believe in your dog I am old school those two things tell me a lot about you. I can't throw rocks at nobody what I did when I was younger.

Good luck
Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 11-10-2017 at 10:19 PM

Old Post 11-10-2017 10:17 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

Re: I voted yes

quote:
Originally posted by Joes reticks
I will say one thing coon hound bloodlines should refund one issue to everyone as that last book was a big let down like the world hunt didn't even hapen I don't buy that book to look at show dogs and that's Perty much all it was minus the few good articles in there buy breed asocations and the good laura bell rite-up.

when my subscription is up im down with bloodlines, most expensive overrated mag out there

Old Post 11-10-2017 10:22 PM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Richard Lambert

You are spot on Richard, that is exactly what is meant by "trying a case in the press". Media spotlight on anything tends to prejudice the subject matter. People tend to bias themselves by the information they hear or see on the media. High profile cases in law tend to sequester the jury away from outside sources to prevent this sort of behavior. A jury should have only the facts of the case before them in order to make the best decision possible. We all know that wrong decisions are sometimes made and are overturned on appeal. In criminal cases it takes an overwhelming amount of evidence to covict one of a crime. In civil matters it only takes a slight difference ( i.e. 51 to 49 ) to reach a decision. UKC will most likely make a decision on this matter if the evidence tips one way ir the other as this is a civil matter. Dave

Old Post 11-10-2017 10:34 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KevinP
Banned

So guide can take a tree call now? But gets slandered about the time? This agreeing to let guide get involved in first place never should've happened. Rules are rules. Guide takes you, judge judges, handler calls dog, easy.

Old Post 11-10-2017 10:46 PM
KevinP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KevinP Click here to Send KevinP a Private Message Find more posts by KevinP Add KevinP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedScorpion
UKC Forum Member

I feel for the Sambo team.

This investigation should in no way diminish what people think of that dog. He is proved that he is a World Class Hound. And if people think less of his abilities after this, then they do not understand the sport very well.

With that being said, I voted NO based on the following reasons:

1. We do not know all of the facts.
2. True justice is never determined by popular vote. Popular vote can agree with the determination of justice, but never the other way around.
3. It is never too late to do the right thing.

Old Post 11-10-2017 10:51 PM
RedScorpion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedScorpion Click here to Send RedScorpion a Private Message Find more posts by RedScorpion Add RedScorpion to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

Re: World Champion Sambo

quote:
Originally posted by CedarTree50
...... Should Sam be the world champion. Giving him the trophy and prizes and pictures.

Nope, not until UKC closes the investigation.

If UKC decides there was no wrong doing: Sam will get his win and what goes with it.

If UKC decides there was wrong doing: Sam will not get the win and you will probably get the boot.

I doubt there was any intentional misconduct / cheating (at least I hope not), either way set back and let UKC do their job.

In the end I believe Sam will get his win and believe it or not, it will be even sweeter than the night he won it.

I voted no because the investigation hasn't been closed.

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Last edited by ringtail on 11-10-2017 at 10:55 PM

Old Post 11-10-2017 10:52 PM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

KevinP

Apparently not in this case as the rules ( as we know them ) were not followed. Kind of complicates the investigation UKC is trying to resolve. Dave

Old Post 11-10-2017 10:55 PM
KevinP
Banned

Exactly, can't just use what you want how you want. Bad deal for all involved. Seemed harmless, but......

Old Post 11-10-2017 11:10 PM
KevinP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KevinP Click here to Send KevinP a Private Message Find more posts by KevinP Add KevinP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote