UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > That's it !!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

That's it !!!

I went back to my wheat light head !!! I found a place I can get bulbs cheap !! I can't wear that battery on the helmet I got a bad neck our coons are light colored might just be my eyes but I can't pick them out with these led lights unless they look at me once my buddy shows them to me with his red light then I can see them with my wheat light head I see them just fine. There has got to be a led head colored like a wheat light that will go on a 21 volt battery that don't break the bank.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-25-2017 01:12 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bgs2009
UKC Forum Member

Ive got a Boss light with the older colored led light in it for that same reason. I found that the bright blue/white light reflects so much off of the tree and surroundings that it actually makes your pupils restrict to where I couldn't see as good. Not to mention i think the color of the coon and tree stand out to be a more true color with it as well.

Old Post 10-25-2017 03:04 PM
bgs2009 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bgs2009 Click here to Send bgs2009 a Private Message Find more posts by bgs2009 Add bgs2009 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mark nethery
UKC Forum Member

Boss light

Same problem. Then I bought this boss with de-domed spot. Just like old wheat light color but 20x brighter. I love my light now 4 volt is brighter than 21 volt

Home off
SUPER STAKES SIRE
UKC DNA Profiled
GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Cutter (Grch GrNtCh Crows an Grants Cutter x GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Hope )
At stud.300 negative Brucellosis

Pr Trick Magic Dixie ( GrchGrntch2 Charley Creek Big Mike x Grch GrNtCh Trick Magic Trudy)

PR Git Ryght Ryta. (GrNtCh Kant Git Ryght x GrNtCh Magic Style Dolly )

Pr Stylish Cutter Jr ( GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Cutter x Pr Trick Magic Dixie sister t Bad Butch )

Semen stored at Peewee valley
Grntch Stylish Hammer is a 2019 UKC preformance sire. DNA profile in UKC and PKC see stud dog page for ad on GrNtch Stylish Hammer 👍🇺🇸

Old Post 10-25-2017 06:44 PM
mark nethery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mark nethery Click here to Send mark nethery a Private Message Find more posts by mark nethery Add mark nethery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: That's it !!!

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I went back to my wheat light head !!! I found a place I can get bulbs cheap !! I can't wear that battery on the helmet I got a bad neck our coons are light colored might just be my eyes but I can't pick them out with these led lights unless they look at me once my buddy shows them to me with his red light then I can see them with my wheat light head I see them just fine. There has got to be a led head colored like a wheat light that will go on a 21 volt battery that don't break the bank.

Tar they sell entire lights that are way brighter then what you have, can be made in a belt light and the color you are looking for. For just a little more then just a head.

Coon hunting lights are one of the few things in this world that have gotten better and cost less than they used too.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 10-25-2017 08:30 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I have tried two not none of yours tho Joey they just are to white and bright I seen a guy the other night they just added a cord and he had that box that is usually on the back of the helmet down on his belt but I didn't draw him was wanting to see the color of it might get you to build me Somthing like that.its the whiteness I don't like not the brightness.

Old Post 10-26-2017 01:13 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

Call Sam Davis at Superior lights and tell him what you are looking for

I don't like the battery pack on the back of my head either
I have a bushwacker belt light and love it

Old Post 10-26-2017 01:18 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhardy
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by hat creek mac
Call Sam Davis at Superior lights and tell him what you are looking for

I don't like the battery pack on the back of my head either
I have a bushwacker belt light and love it

x2 on what hat creek mac said,,,,,i have a cap light that was to heavy for my liking and i sent it to SAM DAVIS and he put a long cord on it.now i really like it.it has the led that is like the old wheat light but brighter if needed.

Old Post 10-26-2017 02:23 PM
mhardy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mhardy Click here to Send mhardy a Private Message Click Here to Email mhardy Find more posts by mhardy Add mhardy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SVorwald
UKC Forum Member

X3 Sam Davis will treat you right I had a fuse go out in mine and he replaced it no questions asked. Great light, bright, and comes with the different colored light covers makes it easy to spot them even with as bad of eyes as I got.

Old Post 10-27-2017 04:11 AM
SVorwald is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SVorwald Click here to Send SVorwald a Private Message Click Here to Email SVorwald Find more posts by SVorwald Add SVorwald to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Tar Carrying that old wheat light battery will wear your old ars out

Old Post 10-27-2017 04:54 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

X4------Sam Davis

You won't get a more Dependable Light than a Superior .......
Just call Sam, he will Listen to what you want.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 10-27-2017 11:13 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

Call Michael Rosamond aka Joey . He will fix you up Robbie.. best light on the market. Bar none

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 10-27-2017 11:59 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I am jay he knows what I want but I got to wait on Santa clause but believe me that's all I am asking for lol.

Old Post 10-28-2017 07:03 AM
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

yadkintar

Your reply explains why you are having such a hard time finding a light. YOU still believe in Santa Clause.
MERRY CHRISTMAS. Hope your wish comes true.
O by the way maybe he will send you a BLACK dog to go with that light.

Old Post 10-28-2017 12:59 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

H.L. I been trying to be good lol. I would hunt a black dog believe it or not I ain't color blind.

Old Post 10-28-2017 01:38 PM
wjoey
Banned

Re: yadkintar

quote:
Originally posted by H. L. Meyer
Your reply explains why you are having such a hard time finding a light. YOU still believe in Santa Clause.
MERRY CHRISTMAS. Hope your wish comes true.
O by the way maybe he will send you a BLACK dog to go with that light.

I believe

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 10-28-2017 03:38 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Granpa had an old bike chained up in the barn we could not touch and a wood box with a lock on it the night before Christmas late at night you would hear sleigh bells go by the house realy fast and like majic you would get up and the presents would be under the tree ain't no way you could go back to sleep ......... I still believe and still love that special man even tho he is gone ☃

Old Post 10-28-2017 10:19 PM
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

yadkintar

What a sad world it would be without MEMORIES

Old Post 10-29-2017 03:42 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote