Chad J Smith
UKC Forum Member
Registered: May 2017
CHAMPIONS CLASSIC BREED HUNT
Nomination Fee- In order to qualify each dog must have a $100 nomination fee paid one week prior to the hunt. At least one dog owner must be a member of the ABTCHA one week prior to the hunt. All entries will be held in escrow by the ABTCHA Treasurer.
When and Where- Wednesday night before B&T Days at the host site. The host club will be paid $200 from the escrow account to compensate for the loss of PKC entries that typically help the host club recoup money spent on renting the grounds. The club will assist in the effort to provide 4 guides and 4 judges if needed. Each guide will be paid $50 from escrow and each judge will be paid $50 from escrow. No pay for either for the 1 hr late round. If no volunteer for the late round, a judge and guide will be drawn from a hat.
How to Qualify- Dogs may qualify as follows:
1. B&T Sectional Point Qualifier (Male)
2. B&T Sectional Point Qualifier (Female)
3. B&T Sectional Point Qualifier (Next Highest Scoring, Either Sex)
4. B&T Sectional Point Qualifier (Next Highest Scoring, Either Sex)
5. B&T Sectional Point Qualifier (Next Highest Scoring, Either Sex)
6. UKC Purina Race High Scoring B&T
7. UKC B&T Days 3 Night Cast Winner- Sycamore Sandy, Walter Carlee
8. UKC Youth Nationals High Scoring B&T - Little Lucille, Cody Harris Handler Brian Treat
9. UKC Nationals High Scoring B&T - Evil Eyed Ally Oop, Anthony King
10. UKC Wld Ch B&T = Nelsons Northern Roxanne, Patrick Stewart and Bobby Talley
11. UKC Wld Ch B&T Opposite Sex - Redmonds Cold Hard Cash, Don Redmon
12. UKC High Scoring B&T Autumn Oaks - Simple Life Sadie, Chad McCoin and Brad Hile
13. UKC High Scoring B&T Winter Classic
14. UKC High Scoring B&T Grand American
15. UKC B&T Days KOH- Payne’s Black Gus, Tracy Payne
16. UKC B&T Days QOH- Hardwood Hussy, Donnie Hall
The sectional point system works as follows: 1 point for each plus point cast win at a B&T Sectional. Sectionals taking place within 3 weeks of the first Friday of B&T Days will count towards the next year’s points. The paperwork that accompanies a Sectional will also include a form to list all plus point, B&T cast winners along with the winning score. A running total of the points will be posted to ABTCHA and UKC website weekly by the hunt chairman. If a dog qualifies in 2 categories, or does not participate, the extra spot will be filled by the next dog in line in the sectional point standings. Dogs deceased, injured, or in heat will be replaced by the next dog in line in the sectional point standings and entry fee returned as long as all reasonable efforts are made to notify the hunt chairman in time to replace the dog. Forfeited entry fees will be split evenly among the final 4. Spots may be filled on the grounds in order of the highest section point system dog present. In the event of a sectional point system tie, the first tie breaker will be the most King/Queen of Hunt wins. The second tie breaker will be most cast win points. The third tie breaker will be a coin flip.
Rules- UKC open registered rules, with the following exceptions; 90 min early round, 90 min late round. A dog does not need plus points to win either cast. If no winner after the 90 min late round, dogs move into 1 hr sudden death (first dog to receive first tree plus points wins. Trees will be scored in the order they are called in the event of a split tree). If no winner after 1 hour sudden death, remaining cast members split the pot. If a dog minus’ out in the 1 hr final cast, it will receive 4th place pay, 2nd dog to minus out 3rd place pay, etc. Dogs cannot minus out during the 1 hr sudden death. Non-hunting guides and judges will be used on each cast. A 2 person panel will accompany the final cast to the woods.
Minimum Payout- 1st place $1,000. One raffle will be held for 2 weeks during the year to supplement the purse. The raffle will be held online and in conjunction with a major UKC event. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place pay will be determined after final entry fee plus raffle money calculations.
Last edited by Chad J Smith on 10-26-2017 at 02:17 PM
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged