UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (77): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

NOT GOOD NOT GOOD at all.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-09-2015 09:18 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

NICE

Mr. Jack, that one nice big snake. Looks like the size you had hanging from some trophies when Burkey & I came down to visit Tramp with DOT. Will never forget leaving the tailgate to go to the dogs treed & looking back & seeing Burkey still sitting there. I hollared back to ask "aren't you coming along?" & he hollared back, "I can hear the dogs just fine from where I'm at"!!! Take care care & stay same, while hunting among those pesky slithering critters!!! Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-10-2015 06:18 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Jack, are those snake proof Crocks you're wearing?

Old Post 07-10-2015 01:14 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Rattle Snake

Chris, we had a Bull dog once when I was just a small boy. He didn't belong to us. He belonged to my uncle, but he stayed at our house a lot. He would kill any kind of snake. He cornered a big Rattler under an ole house one day. The dog could not maneuver well under the house and although he finally killed the snake. The rattler had bit him twice. He was a mighty sick dog for about a week, but he made it. The dogs name was Watch, and he would catch anything if you told him too. everyone in the neighborhood would come borrow him, It didn't matter to Watch if it was a hog, cow or horse. He would catch them in the nose and he would have them laying on the ground shortly. We were helping a neighbor catch some hogs in on Pearl River. Just below a place that we call Robin Wood. Its just across the river from where I live today. We had already caught a few of them, But we knew there was a big boar in there some where and we finally jumped him up and he took off headed for the river with Watch after him. The hog went into the river and started swimming toward the other side. When Watch came to the river he never checked up, into the river he went. We would have liked to and I tried, but we knew there was no way that we could call Watch off. We were all watching as they were in the swift water about 50 yrds from the other side as Watch over took the hog and grabbed him by the nose and they both went under and the river water closed over them. We kept watching for Watch to surface, but he didn't, We watched for several minutes, long enough that in our hearts we knew that there was no way that Watch could have made it out of that river, but as we were about to turn away We saw something black emerge out of the woods near the water on the other side. It was Watch. Some way he had made it out of the river into the woods on the other side. Me and two of my brothers ran down the river aways to where there was an old wooden boat and paddled over there and got him. I remember that as he lay in the bottom of the boat that there was so much water ran out of his mouth that I didn't think he would make it, but when we got to the other side he was able to stand up and my dad carried him to the wagon. A few days and he was back to his old self again. I remember later in Watch's life as he was getting older. There was an older couple that lived near a little town that we call Arm. they never had any children and they knew all about Watch. They asked my uncle if they could have him. My uncle told them that if Watch would go with them and stay without being shut up that they could have him. They took him home and Watch was well content to stay with them as he had the run of their whole place and stayed inside a lot of the time. One day the mans wife was walking in the garden and Watch was walking close beside her as he always did when she was walking outside. There was a big Rattle Snake coiled ready to strike close to her path. Watch didn't see the Snake until it was to late, but before the Snake could strike the mans wife Watch some how got between them and took the Snakes strike in the side. Watch turned and killed the Snake. He was a sick dog for several days, but again he made it through it. Needless to say and you can well emagine Watch was well taken care of the rest of his life. I know all this sounds like a made up story, but I can assure you it is all true. There are still a few people around that still remember the Black Bulldog that we called Watch.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-13-2015 at 12:47 AM

Old Post 07-13-2015 12:37 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gabluedogman
UKC Forum Member

That's a great story Mr. Jack. Always look forward to reading your stories and about your adventures. The mountain where I do most of my hunting has alot of big rattlers in there so my hunting slows down this time of year. Me and snakes don't get along too well! Good hunting Buddy.

Old Post 07-13-2015 03:37 AM
gabluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gabluedogman Click here to Send gabluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by gabluedogman Add gabluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Mr Jack, That is a great story. Where on the Pearl are you located? I worked down there in the wake of Katrina. We were in Mississippi mostly but made it over to Pearlington.

Old Post 07-13-2015 11:42 PM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

The story of Watch

Chris, Thank you for the compliments on the Story of Watch. you know I never thought about him until I read about your Bulldog killing those snakes, and it all came flooding back to me about Watch, and then I had to tell his story. I'm sore there are a lot of stories out there similar to this one. I sure would like to hear them. I've watched programs like Ole yellow, and Where the Red Fern Grows. I Will be 69 years old Aug. 30 and they still bring a tear to my eyes. I'm sure your Molly dog would probably be as faithful as Watch under the same circumstances. I know of another dog and it just happens to be a bull dog that belongs to my nephew and I know that he would lay down his life for a member of that family at any time.

Richard, thanks for the compliment on the story of Watch. If I lived where you do I would probably do better with the snakes than I would those mountains. lol

Chris, Thanks for the compliment on the story of Watch. I live close to Pearl River near Alittle town called Oakvale, Ms. Oakvale consist of 1 store and a post office. Oakvale is located about 12 miles south of Monticello, Ms. and about 12 miles north of Columbia, Ms. and about 12 miles southwest of Prentiss, Ms.

Old Post 07-14-2015 03:11 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

WATCH

MR. Jack I loved the story about Watch. He sounds like he was a very loyal dog and smart as they come with grit to spare. Hope you have been getting in some good hunting in this heat. I was so busy at work I didn't even have time to look at the forum for a few days. Be glad when my job gets back to our normal work schedule. I see that your Birthday is August 30, believe it or not that's my Birthday too. Seems like they come around pretty quick the past few years. That Rattlesnake was a big one, be careful in those woods and Take Care.

Old Post 07-14-2015 11:59 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daniel D.
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Jack

How is your rattlerxweezie pup doing? I have a littermate to him I just acquired and was wondering how yours was to start?

Old Post 07-14-2015 01:57 PM
Daniel D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel D. Click here to Send Daniel D. a Private Message Find more posts by Daniel D. Add Daniel D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

Thanks for the compliment on the Watch story, he was quite a dog. I have been doing some hunting, but I can't say it's been good in all this heat. You know Steve if you and I was the only people that I knew that was born on Aug. 30, It would make me think that maybe everyone that was born on that date was coonhunters, but I know 2 or 3 people that live in this area that was born on Aug. 30, and although they are good people they don't coonhunt, so I guess its some other brain malfunction that makes us do it.lol.

Daniel, The young dog that we have out of RattlerXWeezie I really like. He really belongs to my hunting buddy Clayton Daniels. He was easy to start. He has got a real good mouth, and can really drive a track and a nice little tree dog. I've treed several coons with him by himself. We had to knock him off a fw possums, but I think we have got that problem under control. I think he will make a real nice dog. I wish you the best with yours.

Old Post 07-15-2015 02:06 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba 11 out for a short run last night. I had an ole feeder in there on a branch, but I was sure it was out of feed. I dropped her out and she took off she got in there on the branch and opened on a working track. I went by and checked the feeder and it was out. I refilled the feeder and then just sit back and listened to her work. She worked her way up a hill that I guess that the river had left there many years ago. I know that when the river floods It gets any where from 10 to 20 feet deep where we are hunting at. She moved the track on around the hillfor about 150 yrds and sit down and let the world know that she had Mr. coon treed. I just stood there and listened to her tree for a few minutes. She Bawls on track with what I call a dying bawl on the tree and she is loud. I grabbed my rifle and started to her. You don't have to run to her, once she trees she is not going anywhere. I made my way to her and she was treed up a big Oak with other big Oaks around it. I could see about 3/4 of the way up it, but I never could get to where I could see the top. I shined for a while, but I never could get to where I could see him. I finally gave up and walked in and petted her up and we walked back to the 4-wheeler and moved on down toward the river. I turned her loose up an old slough and she hunted up it good, but never struck. She came back after a while and we loaded up and called it a night.

Old Post 07-15-2015 06:18 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

I took Sheba 11 out for a short run tonight. She never opened on the ground. She got in about 150 yrds and just come treed. I walked in to her and she was treed up a large oak. I shined for a few minutes, although the coon could have been there with all the leaves, but I think she missed this one. I leashed her and we went back to the 4-wheeler and went to the river. I turned her loose on a branch and she went in and opened a couple of times, but it was too cold and she came back after a while. We loaded up and went on down toward the river. She went in about 100 yrds and struck a working track and moved it on in another 100 yrds and treed in next to a five yr. cutover. She was treed up a large oak and I could only get to where I could see one side of it. There wasn't any vines and if he was there I could not get him to look. We walked back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Old Post 07-18-2015 06:06 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba 11 out for another run tonight. Turned her up a branch in next to the river back behind the house. She went up the branch about 100 yrds and just treed. She was treeing hard. I got the rifle and walked in to her and she was treed up a big cypress. I walked around the part of the tree that I could see. There were some more cypress trees there and I could only get to where I could see part of the tree. I walked back around to where I first started shining the tree and there he sat looking at me with both eyes. I was going to knock him out to her as I have only knocked one out to her, but he quit looking and I could never get him to look again. I petted her up some and told her I would try to do a little better next time. We came back out and went to another part of the river. Turned her loose on another branch and she went hunting, but never struck. She came back in a little while and we moved on down the river. Turned her in next to the river and she struck a good track and headed toward a cutover. She got in the cutover and the track got to bogging down. This is about a 25 acre cutover with dozer piles out in it. She worked in there for a while and treed in there. I tried to get to her, but it was just to bad. I called her off and we called it a night

Old Post 07-19-2015 07:09 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations Jeremy and Gin

on their UKC 1st place win at Ovett, Ms. tonight. Gin scored 400 pts on two coons. She did this 25 days after being bred to Dual Grand champion "PR" Smokey River Tramp's Blue Shadow.

Old Post 07-19-2015 07:35 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

GIN

Congrats to yaw on that win with Gin, been wondering where she got off to now that you been working Sheba 11. Those pups should be some good ones, Take Care.

Old Post 07-19-2015 10:35 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations!!

Glad to hear of the win with Gin. Her Momma is still doing good here. You are going to have some really nice pups coming up Good luck with everything.
Take Care,
Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 07-19-2015 01:00 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClaytonDaniels
UKC Forum Member

Nice!

👍👍

601-466-3107

Old Post 07-19-2015 04:19 PM
ClaytonDaniels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClaytonDaniels Click here to Send ClaytonDaniels a Private Message Click Here to Email ClaytonDaniels Find more posts by ClaytonDaniels Add ClaytonDaniels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nationwide
UKC Forum Member

Misty river blue gin

chntch dry creek ruby
pr'misty river blue penny again

Old Post 07-19-2015 09:45 PM
nationwide is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nationwide Click here to Send nationwide a Private Message Find more posts by nationwide Add nationwide to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nationwide
UKC Forum Member

country music star daryle Singletary with dual grand smokey river tramps blue shadow

We're proud to have daryle on board with misty river kennels.

chntch dry creek ruby
pr'misty river blue penny again

Old Post 07-19-2015 09:56 PM
nationwide is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nationwide Click here to Send nationwide a Private Message Find more posts by nationwide Add nationwide to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HILLBILLYS BLU
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations Jack, Jeremy, Chris, Clayton, and now Darrell, all the Misty River Boy's!!!!! Always glad to hear about y'all's adventures! Keep up the good work!!

Old Post 07-20-2015 01:32 PM
HILLBILLYS BLU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HILLBILLYS BLU Click here to Send HILLBILLYS BLU a Private Message Click Here to Email HILLBILLYS BLU Find more posts by HILLBILLYS BLU Add HILLBILLYS BLU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gabluedogman
UKC Forum Member

I'd like to hear more about this story. So is Daryl a coonhunter?

Old Post 07-20-2015 02:43 PM
gabluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gabluedogman Click here to Send gabluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by gabluedogman Add gabluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Steve, Scott and Bill on the congrats on Gin. She has made a nice little coondog and we are real proud of her. I think Tramp is about ready to go back to work. We will be putting him back in the woods a little later this week.

Richard, I've never met Mr. Singletary. He and Jeremy have been good friends for a long time. I've heard some of his records and that boy can sure sing. He coonhunted some back when he was younger, but he stays so busy that he don't get to go much anymore, but he really likes it. He has got two twin boys and he wants to get them in the woods. He is going to come back when he gets a chance and it cools off some and hunt with us. I'm looking forward to meeting him.

Old Post 07-21-2015 09:13 PM
ClaytonDaniels
UKC Forum Member

Tramp 2

I don't like the handler much but I think deserves to be bragged on!!

601-466-3107

Old Post 07-22-2015 09:14 PM
ClaytonDaniels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClaytonDaniels Click here to Send ClaytonDaniels a Private Message Click Here to Email ClaytonDaniels Find more posts by ClaytonDaniels Add ClaytonDaniels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Tramp and Sheba 11

Took Tramp and Sheba 11 to about a 100 acre cornfield tonight. I don't know what the deal is on this cornfield. It is in a perfect spot with good hardwood and river on one side and hardwood and sloughs on the other side. Should be the perfect place to tree some coons and you can see where the squerrels have eat a good bit around the woods edgebut you see very little deer and coon sign. We have hunted this field about 4 times this year and we have tree 1 hot coon out of there and we did not shoot him. We have sruck a couple of real cold tracks out of it, but they were so cold the dogs couldn't do any thing with them. We turned Tramp and Sheba around the back side tonight near the river. Tramp acted like he smelled one not far from where we turned loose, but it was so cold that he never opened as he moved it on in toward the riverwhen he got there he turned north upriver. He wasn't opening much, but he was steady moving upriver. Sheba did not go with him. She crossed through the cornfield on the side of the ole woods road that we were on into the field on the other side. She struck an old cold track and started working it. I looked at my garmin and Tramp was a little over .6 miles. I told Chris to go with Tramp and I would stay close to Sheba. I went back around on the woods road and Sheba was a little over 200 yrds and I had lost Tramp at .82 miles. Those fields were dry and hot, she finally worked back close to the road and I called her out and she was one hot little dog. I loaded her up and we started toward Chris and Tramp. Chris called and said that Tramp was treed. I went on around and I met Chris and he had Tramp. He said Tramp had got treed in next to where some one had 2 hogs penned up in a pen off the ground and there was sour corn under the pen where the hogs had dropped it through the cracks and Tramp had treed the coon about 50 yrds fom where the hogs were. He said he didn't have any problem finding the coon and would have knocked the coon out to Tramp, but I had the rifle with me. We already had the dogs loaded up so we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-23-2015 at 07:18 AM

Old Post 07-23-2015 07:13 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Tramp and Sheba 11

Took Tramp and Sheba 11 back to the cornfields tonight. These dogs have never been hunted in cornfields until this year and the field that we hunted tonight is the only one that they have ever hunted in. The coons must move there in the middle of the day for we have not hit but one pretty good track there this year. We turned them loose down an old woods road going into the cornfield and before they got to the cornfield they took a right turn and headed into the swamp. They struck an old cold track at about 400 yrds and worked it in there around some sloughs that were about dried up. Tramp finally come treed right at 700 yrds. We road around to him and he was treed up a small tree at the edge of another field. I think he just missed this one. We loaded them up and headed to the other side of the field. We headed them down beside the corn and they didn't go far and Tramp just fell treed up some pine trees just out of the cornfield. We shined it, but it was so thick in there that we couldn't see anything. We loaded them up and moved on around the field. We dropped them of and headed them on around the field. Tramp headed out into the middle of the cornfield. Sheba went into the swamp and struckan ole cold track. She worked it in there for a couple hundred yrds and Treed. I looked on the garmin to see where Tramp was and he was headed her way. We walked in to her. She was blowing the top out. Tramp came in to her and started treeing with her. They were treed up a medium sized oak covered with vines. We shined for a few minutes, but if he was there he wasn't looking. We moved them on around the field and turned them loose again. They left out on the run and moved through the field that we were in and into another field across the road and struck another cold track at about 700 yrds. We loaded up and moved closer to them and they were next to the back side of the field near the woods which was abou 1200 yrds from where we turned loose. They moved on into the woods and Tramp Treed. Sheba treed a little with himBut I think the track and tree was just too cold for her. We went around to them and he was tree up a large oak and Chris found the coon pretty quick. We petted ole Tramp up and called it a night.

Old Post 07-26-2015 08:02 AM