UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Over 15 Years of My Fireball Line.
Pages (53): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Over 20 Years of My Fireball Line.

Working on fixing all photobucket pictures and have several new ones.

The dog that helped start it all for me. Without Joe and this fine hound I wouldn't have anything I do now or in the past. A big thanks to Joe Melton for pushing this hound. GrNtCh. Melton's Red Fireball. Won AKC/ACHA Reserve World Champion Male, 1985 National Redbone Days Champion, along with many other big wins, also the former #1 historical producing redbone male. The only reason he is not on the current historical list is because he has been gone for so long. He was promoted so much by Joe that he ended up producing 924 pups with 6 GrNtCh's, 20 NtCh for a total of 26 and 28 Ch, 9 GrCh, and 3 GrW. champions.

-------PR Turrentines Red Skoomer
------PR Beverages Red Duke
-------PR Turrentines Red Gypsy Gal
-----GrNtCh PR Georges Red Bugg
-------PR Chomels Red Marvel
------PR Osage Rose
-------PR Chomels Red Rose

----PR Raefs Red Flyer (Have been told he was a very nice hound)

-------PR Indian Creek Red Ranger
------PR Lories Jodi
-------PR Indian Creek Red Lady
-----PR Hubbards Princess Red
-------NtCh PR Lovins Red Duke
------PR Geisters Old Red Belle
-------Ch PR Lovins Red Moss

---PR Melton's Big Red

-------PR Red Man
------PR St. Clairs Red
-------Ch PR Red Ginger
-----Wares Joker
-------NtCh Tall Timber Buzz
------NtCh Tall Timber Red Star (both his parents might go back to NtCh Swing Red Rock)
-------PR Clouses Gallant Lady

----NtCh Gray Ravens Red Tessie

-------Mack
------Houstons Tenn. Red
-------Queen
-----Thomas Sally
-------NtCh PR Tuckers Red Mac Jr.
------PR Kansas Queen
-------Ch PR Bruces Tenn. Polly

*GrNtCh PR Melton's Red Fire Ball* (Won AKC/ACHA Reserve World Champion Male, 1985 National Redbone Days Champion, also the former #1 historical producing redbone male. Been dead to long to be on any list now).

-------PR Penicks Red Wrighter II
------PR Turleys Big Red
-------PR Red Ruby
-----Ch PR Klingels Big Major
-------NtCh PR Twin Creek Bill
------PR Goodrichs Mandy
-------PR Twin Creek Penny

-----GrNtCh PR Parks Cherokee Red (believe it was Dave Dean the big Bluetick man, that said after seeing Red hunt that the Redbone World needed to basically breed everything they had to him after seeing him tree.)

-------PR Jungle Joe (figure this one might go back to Jungle Jim)
------PR Swartzs Bugle
-------PR Bucks Lou Belle
-----PR Klingels Red Daisy
-------PR Missouri Red Rock
------PR Southfork River Pam
-------PR Painters Red Ginger

---PR Millsap's Red Sussie

-------NtCh PR Swing Red Rock (had all the go power in the world) (Brown's Twister was double this hound also) (the CD hounds go back heavy to this hound too) (Sire of Tall Timber Talker also)
------NtCh PR Clouses Silvertone Jet
-------NtCh PR Roberts Red Kate
-----PR Mills Red Hawk
-------PR Lufcys Red Wrighter III
------PR Clouses Silvertone Bell
-------PR Lufcy's Little Margie

----PR Parks Red Rosie

-------Ch NtCh PR Mississippi Mack
------Ch PR Leos Moonlight Rambler
-------PR Moss Midnight Lady
-----PR Parks Green Valley Penny
-------PR Red Robin Jr.
------PR Leos Moonlight Jully
-------PR Joes Red Judy

Swing Red Rock

One of Rock's more famous sons.

Red Bugg

Jungle Jim

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-12-2017 at 11:47 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-13-2010 12:05 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

My first real coondog!

Old NtCh. Ginger was truely something. She was a great great granddaughter of old NtCh. Woodpecker of Milton Strains and a granddaughter of Old Fireball. She was super smart and taught me about as much or more than I taught her. This dog was only entered in 12 cast but won 8 of those cast. I never entered or had been around a competition hunt until I was 16. I had always heard stories of old so and so that my dogs could never live up to, like Rex, that a cousin of mine trained and owned, hence the name.

Well what I now know is dead dogs are always better than live ones, in the woods. First hunt I had her in I went against two finished walkers whose handlers had an combined experience of over 50 years. Guess who won and I got a fourth place my was treeing coons while the walkers were out running around. This is a picture of my 13 year old brother when she won 1st. place registered at a redbone sectional. Her final win to make her a NtCh. came when she won 2nd reg. out of 70 something registered at the BBCHA Fall-Roundup on the same night that Rev. Red won first place Nite Champion. I ran into a couple of bad hunts after that and decided to quit comp. hunting but then decided after see far lesser dogs I had beat making GrNt I decided to bring her out of retirement at 9. She won 5 first places straight and had four wins toward grand but dissappeared at a big hunt in Tx. That was the last time I ever turned a dog loose without a tracking collar.

This was her great great Grandfather 1975 World Nite Hunt Reserve Champion Woodpecker. Notice his Sire was from a half brother/ half sister cross.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-20-2017 at 04:01 AM

Old Post 03-13-2010 12:54 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Old Twister

Also a big thanks to Mr. Ed Brown who was nice enough to meet a 19 year old kid in Mo., so I could breed my NtCh. Ginger female to GrNtCh. Ch. Brown's Okla. Twister. He is the #5 Historical producing redbone of all time and the #1 producing son of Old Fireball. Who was also a real producer. A sure enough get gone in the dark and tree some coons hound.

The ad that got my interest peaked in this hound to start checking him out for something to breed to. He sure passed all the test.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-12-2017 at 10:51 PM

Old Post 03-13-2010 01:08 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Bell's Fireball Ann

They produced my Ann female. She won all 7 cast entered in and all at under 2 yrs. old. I only had one hound in competition ever get in front of her and that was on a burning hot trail. It was a short eared, beagle eared, walker and they caught the coon. She won 10th. at BBCHA Fall-Roundup at 16 months and 3rd Kansas State at 18 months, that is where this picture was taken. She hung herself in a chainlink fence with 8 week old pups on the ground at 2 yrs. old. Notice I say in the fence, the buckle on her collar got hung in the v of the chainlink and she couldn't get it loose. I was gone on a elk hunting trip with my mom watching her. One get gone hard hunting dude, that carried on the ton of brains her mom and dad had. She could do things I don't even know how to train a dog to do.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-12-2017 at 11:13 PM

Old Post 03-13-2010 01:18 AM
louis07
New UKC Forum Member

pups

I am interested in a pup if somebody backs out or if you have any extras.

Thanks, Louis

Old Post 03-13-2010 01:52 AM
louis07 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for louis07 Click here to Send louis07 a Private Message Click Here to Email louis07 Find more posts by louis07 Add louis07 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Ol Rocky

GrNtCh. Ch. Yellow River Red Rocky another son of Fireball. The #2 producing son of Fireball. Another big thanks to Harry who was nice enough to pick up my Ann female at American Redbone Days and keep her at his house until she was bred. I was trying to put some winding nose into my line Rocky was producing that. I took a friend of mine up to Michigan from South Arkansas to pick her up. We made a weekend of it and after a long day of sleeping from driving straight up we were woke up by National GrNtCh. GrNtCh. Yellow River Red Music licking us in the face. We went hunting that night with her, my female, and Rod Bantle's GrNt. Yellow River Red Rebel and I believe a NtCh. Golden Woods Stinger female. Boy did we have alot of fun in one weekend. This was the 8 week old pups that 2 year old Ann had on her when she died.

Rooster Rocky's grandsire

Music

Rebel and another Fireball bred hound Banjo

And of course the newer hound of this group of hounds Doc.
He was out of Yellow River Red and a double Timberjack female who went back to Moon.

Timberjack and Fireball cross very well together as does Littleman and Fireball

Littleman

Here a hound that has em both. :-)
GrNtCh Too The Max

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-13-2017 at 12:40 AM

Old Post 03-13-2010 01:54 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Ch. Atomic Fireball's The Man pup of the Rocky/ Ann cross, making him triple Fireball and close. He's 10yrs. old here and darker than this but the flash makes him look lighter. He was shot in the face with a shotgun right as we got him going good enough for the hunts. That made it where he went from being the coldest to the hotest nosed dog I've ever owned. Killed the other dog he was with. He was really making a good solid hound until this. After the shooting the only coon he could tree was one that went right by him. Now he's old enough and has so much scar tissue that he can't hardly smell anything. A real shame but at least he could breed even with all those pellets in him. Unfortunately he has now passed away. RIP Old Man

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-13-2017 at 12:45 AM

Old Post 03-13-2010 02:02 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Ch. Atomic Fireball's Little Annie from Rocky/ Ann cross, making her triple Fireball and close. One nice little female I kept to keep my blood. I went hunting 20 times max with her between over 4 years of college and 2 years of a deployment to Iraq but she would sure put a coon up and quick. She was as fast as her moma. Never entered into a hunt wasn't finished out to be. When I run a dog in the hunts I hunt them until I think I can win every cast.
RIP Lil Annie

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-13-2017 at 12:47 AM

Old Post 03-13-2010 02:07 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

A Good One Lost

Atomic Fireball's Wild Cade from Man/ Ann cross, first time accidental cross that happened when my dad left them together instead of putting them in seperate pens as I asked while I was getting deployed. First time out of the pen at 3 months was trailing and treeing with old dog. He was like an old dog on the leash in a few minutes. Second time out at 5 months trailed and treed by himself split from the other dogs on a big den tree. I knew then I would make this cross again but this time it would be on purpose. I got deployed and before I got back from Iraq he got out of the pen and was hit by a car. Never saw the woods other than those two times. As you can see I didn't seem to have the best of luck in my hounds for a while due to freak accidents. He is the one looking at you.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 03-13-2010 at 03:28 AM

Old Post 03-13-2010 02:20 AM
Bobby Stevens
UKC Forum Member

THOSE SURE ARE SOME GOOD LOOKIN DOGS YOU GOT THERE

Home#423-234-5113
Cell#423-329-5135

Old Post 03-13-2010 02:24 AM
Bobby Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Stevens Click here to Send Bobby Stevens a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Stevens Find more posts by Bobby Stevens Add Bobby Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

I've been out of things a while but am just now getting settled enough after all the other stuff to start really going again.

Old Post 03-13-2010 02:30 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Treeing

GrCh. Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy full sister to Cade dog above. This dog has only been in the woods 11 times now that includes15 min. drops like this one, a week before she had her pups, to tree a released coon. She is a treeeeee dog and can wind unlike anything I've owned. Has treed a few wild coons on her own to though. I'm just scared to hunt her much yet because of the bad things that have happened in the past and the rarity of her blood, there is no closer bred dog alive and breedable to Old Fireball. Once I have bred her to two more dead males, then I will finish her out of put her in the hunts as the ones of this line before her. She has all the goods for sure she just needs the woods time. She is also by far the most athletic dog I have ever owned.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-13-2017 at 12:50 AM

Old Post 03-13-2010 02:38 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Showing

GrCh. Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy on the bench but preganant. Lighter looking here in the first pic due to the flash. She made GrCh winning first place 8 out of 9 shows. Only show she lost two walkers wouldn't shut their mouths and they had her all worked up and ready to tree a coon. She wouldn't sit still, no longer have that problem. Second pic from the side but she has trouble stretching out right with all those pups in her. She also has lost alot of muscle since she is a house dog while she is having pups.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-13-2017 at 12:58 AM

Old Post 03-13-2010 03:08 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

louis07

I actually have a litter on the way from the above GrCh. female and GrNtCh. GrCh. Moonlight Bigtime Bo. With all the Fireball in this cross it would be like Old Fireball #1 reproducing male of all time was their granddad and Kate the #1 reproducing female of all time is their grandma. However, I'm afraid all of these at this time are spoken for. I do plan to do this cross again later once she is a NtCh. Before that though I do have two other crosses in the works to two Fireball bred deceased dogs. Wish me luck on this because there could be some on the way that are genetically 48% Fireball where as 50% would be directly from Fireball himself. Basically, these would be the first pups from Fireball in 25 yrs. or so. But as you can imagine they won't be cheap.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 10-06-2010 at 07:17 PM

Old Post 03-13-2010 03:26 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

GrCh. Daisy's pedigree

Here is the mom of the pups. She is Heavy Gr.Nt.Ch.(AKC/ACHA Reserve World Champion) Melton’s Red Fireball, the #1 producing redbone male of all time but he is so old he is off the newer historical list.
………………….…………Melton’s Big Red
…………………..Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton’s Red Fireball (#1 historical producing male)
……………………………Millsap’s Red Sussie
…………Gr.Nt.Ch. Ch. ‘PR’ Yellow River Red Rocky (#7 historical producing male)
……………………………Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Bachelor’s Red Rooster
………………….Bachelor’s Red Flame
…………………………….Pierce’s Red Tess
….Ch. ‘PR’ Atomic Fireball’s the Man
……………………………Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton’s Red Fireball (#1 historical producing male)
…………………..Gr.Nt.Ch. Ch. ‘PR’ Oklahoma Red Twister (#5 historical producing male)
……………………………Terry’s Miss Mable
………….‘PR’ Bell’s Fireball Ann( never beaten in comp. 7 cast wins 0 losses with a 10th BBCHA Fall-Round-Up and 3rd at Kansas St. )
………………………………........
……………………………‘PR’ Terry’s Running Rusty
………………………………........
…………………..Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Bell’s Red Fireball Ginger( Had 4 1st place Nt.Ch. wins and disappeared at a big hunt in Tx. )
……………………………….........Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton’s Red Fireball (#1 historical producing male)
…………………………….‘PR’ Terry‘s Red Hot Sandy (Competition Squirrel Dog)
……………………………….........‘PR’ female grandpup of Mill. Val. Woodpecker

Gr.Ch. ‘PR’ Atomic Fireball’s Little Daisy (qualified for the 2010 World Show) ( She was undefeated in her first 6 shows beating several others that are now Gr.Ch. and one that was qualified for the UKC World Show with an overall record of 8 wins and 1 loss, under 5 different judges ) ( She also had competition in every show but her first. ) (Also have never had any genetic problems from this cross, was done twice with excellent results both times, reason it was done twice)

………………….…………Melton’s Big Red
…………………..Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton’s Red Fireball (#1 historical producing male)
……………………………Millsap’s Red Sussie
…………Gr.Nt.Ch. Ch. ‘PR’ Yellow River Red Rocky (#7 historical producing male)
……………………………Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Bachelor’s Red Rooster
………………….Bachelor’s Red Flame
…………………………….Pierce’s Red Tess
….Ch. ‘PR’ Atomic Fireball’s Little Annie
……………………………Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton’s Red Fireball (#1 historical producing male)
…………………..Gr.Nt.Ch. Ch. ‘PR’ Oklahoma Red Twister (#5 historical producing male)
……………………………Terry’s Miss Mable
………….‘PR’ Bell’s Fireball Ann( never beaten in comp. 7 cast wins 0 losses with a 10th BBCHA Fall-Round-Up and 3rd at Kansas St. )
……………………………..‘PR’ Terry’s Running Rusty
…………………..Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Bell’s Red Fireball Ginger( Had 4 1st place NtCh wins and disappeared at a big in Tx. )
……………………………….........Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton’s Red Fireball (#1 historical producing male)
…………………………….‘PR’ Terry‘s Red Hot Sandy (Competition Squirrel Dog)
……………………………….........‘PR’ female grandpup of old Nt. Miller’s Valley Woodpecker

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 10-06-2010 at 07:18 PM

Old Post 03-13-2010 04:02 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Bo's ped.

Here is the Dad’s papers. Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Moonlight Bigtime Bo.

………………………………......Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton’s Red Fireball (#1 producing male of all time)
……………………………….Gr.Nt.Ch. Ch. ‘PR’ Yellow River Red Rocky(#7 historical producing male)
………………………………........Bachelor’s Red Flame
………………………..Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Yellow River Red
……………………………….Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. ‘PR’ Sweet Magnolia Maggie
………… Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Yellow River Red Doc (Current #1 producing male Redbone #4 historical)
……………………………….Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. ‘PR’ Key’s Outlaw Red Moon
………………………..‘PR’ Yellow River Red Daisy
………………………………‘PR’ Evans Dry Valley Red Misty
Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Bo
……………………………….Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Amos’ Burning Ben
…………………………Gr.Nt.Ch. Ch. ‘PR’ Reed’s Saline River Ratt
………………………………‘PR’ Dawn’s Timber Rose
…………Gr.Nt.Ch. Nighty Nite Moonlight Kate (#1 producing Redbone female of all time)
………………………………Gr.Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Outlaw Billy the Kid (#2 historical producing male)
………………………….Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Wapsi River Cookie
………………………………‘PR’ Lamine River Outlaw Red Cheyenne
Gentically Gr.Nt.Ch. Fireball would be their Granddad, with him appearing 7 times. With 3 shots of Gr.Nt.Ch. Rocky and 2 shots of Gr.Nt.Ch. Twister . Add in all this Outlaw blood and Doc's mom being double Timberjack too and these should make some fine hounds that anyone would be proud to own no matter your breed preference for pleasure or competition hunters, hunting or showing. If you wanted something that will tree you a bunch of coons between the track and tree power of this cross you should be happy with these. Also as evidenced by the mom and dad should be some lookers to. Here's one of Timberjack.

But like I said as of now they are spoken for. You will be next though louis07 if something falls through.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-13-2017 at 12:56 AM

Old Post 03-13-2010 04:14 AM
louis07
New UKC Forum Member

they should be some good ones , call me if anything changes thanks louis 9014849409 nesbit,ms

Old Post 03-13-2010 05:02 AM
louis07 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for louis07 Click here to Send louis07 a Private Message Click Here to Email louis07 Find more posts by louis07 Add louis07 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carlbettyblack
UKC Forum Member

?

what do u think was the best cross ever made with fire ball?

Old Post 03-13-2010 10:42 AM
carlbettyblack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carlbettyblack Click here to Send carlbettyblack a Private Message Find more posts by carlbettyblack Add carlbettyblack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

best cross

Well I came along right in the aftermath of Fireball being around and proving himself as a reproducer. I mean this dog was bred to all kinds of females. To pick one out of all the crosses that were made on him would be presumptuous of me. The one to answer that would be Joe himself if you ask me. However, I do think considering the after effects of Twister and Rocky on the historical list both of those crosses would be in there amongst them. Of course if you are going with just the dogs themselves then the one that produced GrNtCh GrCh Pipkin's Red Rooster would probably be in there. This is of course not including the many dogs Joe produced himself and there again he would be the one to tell you of those.

Old Post 03-13-2010 01:55 PM
jbiggert
UKC Forum Member

fireball

thecoondawg76...i have some seman out of ch. gr.nt.ch. nighty nite little red.. witch is the only grand nt. out of the rocky x maggie cross that you still can have pups with..may help sometime..
nighty nite kennels john biggert

Males

1) Ch. Gr. Nt. Ch. Nighty Nite Little Red - (Semen) (Gr. Nt. Yellow River Rocky X Nt. Ch. Gr. F Grw. Maggie)

2) Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. Nighty Nite Red Cloud - 4 Years Old (Ch. Gr. Nt. Ch. To The Max X Gr. Ch. Gr. Nt. Ch. Moonlight Pepper Ann)

3) Nighty Nite T - (Gr. Ch. Gr. Nt. Ch. Moonlight After Shock X Gr. Ch. Gr. Nt. Ch. Moonlight Pepper Ann)

Females

1) Gr. Ch. Gr. Nt. Ch. Moonlight Pepper Ann - 9 Years Old (Gr. Ch. Gr. Nt. Ch. Steps Little Pepper X Gr. Nt. Ch. Nighty Nite Moonlight Kate)

2) Gr. Ch. Nighty Nite Little Red Sky - 3 Years Old (Gr. Ch. Gr. Nt. Ch. Outlaw Red Moon X Gr. Ch. Gr. Nt. Ch. Moonlight Pepper Ann)

Old Post 03-13-2010 05:52 PM
jbiggert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jbiggert Click here to Send jbiggert a Private Message Click Here to Email jbiggert Find more posts by jbiggert Add jbiggert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Wow

Well hey I sure appreciate that. You can guarantee that I would love to have something from that cross in my kennel. That Rocky/Maggie cross was really something the way it produced. I would love to take a female from this next cross I am hoping to make and then cross it on Little Red. Hopefully, that would be another one of those historic crosses. Thanks again and look forward to talking with you about this, Steve Bell

Old Post 03-14-2010 10:27 AM
okreds
UKC Forum Member

Hey Steve,

I would like to mention a few to think about.

There is Dual Grand Brush Buster II ( son of the old Brush Buster Dog who was double bred Old Twister, top and bottom ). Old Brush Buster produced 5 titled dogs out of a total of 30 some pups, before he got run over and killed. I think that equates to about 15 % reproduction from him. Buster II is following in his dads footsteps, current # 5 on the reproducers list. Of course, Kevin Shirley and Butch Roeder own him. From Buster II comes Grand Nite Buster IV, who also is double bred Old Twister. Buster IV dam ( Ruby, Litter mate to Parkers Reverand Red ) is a daughter of Old Twister and owned by Charles Robbins of Miss. Also from Buster II is Dual Ch. ( three wins toward Grand ) Terrys Red Twistin Light'in. He is also AKC Grand Nite as well as the 2009 World Ch. Redbone . There was 360 or 70 dogs hunted in that world hunt.. Johnny Biggert has already mentioned Dual Grand Nitey Nite Little Girl and we owned her litter mate brother, Grand Ch., Nite Ch. B P & Vs Ok. Red Twister, ( three wins toward Grand Nite before he passed ). There was also Nite Ch. Brush Buster III ( deceased ) as well as Brush Buster V that Kevin is hunting now. Jeff Murphy owns the Nite Ch. Stone dog and Dean Daugherty owns Nite Ch. Bubba. Russ Jones owns Dual Grand Bunny as well as Nite Ch. Billy Bob, whom we are hunting now. He also owns Grand Nite Ellie Mae who produced the 17th place dog in the UKC 2008 World Hunt. There are many more that escape me for now, but the line goes on and on. This should muddy up your mind a little. Hang in there and push them Fire Ball dogs, they'll win for ya.

" Why is it that our children can't read the Bible in school, but they can in prison? "

Old Post 03-14-2010 05:50 PM
okreds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for okreds Click here to Send okreds a Private Message Click Here to Email okreds Visit okreds's homepage! Find more posts by okreds Add okreds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Great to hear from you Mr. Brown

I sure appreciate all the hard work you have put into the Fireball line. I'm glad you got on here and laid it all out for us on Twister and his offspring, especially. You and some others have been crossing back on that good old hound for a while and boy has it worked well. On Grand Ch., Nite Ch. B P & Vs Ok. Red Twister was he double Fireball? If so how close was Fireball on the mom's side or did Fireball show up more than once? I tell you I really like the way Fireball stuff crosses on Hoss. The coon treeingest dog I ever owned was out of my old NtCh Ginger female and Hoss. He treed 13 coons one night in a few minutes past 2 hours with 8 different trees. Problem was he would tree multple coons at one time so he would have gotten minused each time he left to check the other tree. But the IV blood is sure something I would like to have around just to hunt for myself if nothing else becuase I gaurantee you they would sure tree some coons. The Nite Ch. Stone dog does he have wins toward GrNt I sure like the way he is bred to. Word is he is a pretty good hound. O and by the way tell Jeff I owe him $150 that I'll give him at Redbone Days.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 03-15-2010 at 03:55 AM

Old Post 03-15-2010 03:49 AM
ramiller59
UKC Forum Member

Fireball Bred Hounds

Let me tell you boys a little something about the fireball bred dogs... I have coonhunted for almost 40 years now and I have hunted most all the big name bloodlines there are.. to me the fireball bred dogs were by far the hardest hunting dogs i ever had the pleasure of walking behind.. they could tree a coon when no other dog could find one and they would make it look easy.. could run a cold track like it was just laid and were 98% accurate..

The only other bloodline I thought was a close second was the older Timber Chopper line.. You have some beautiful looking hounds there .. keep them in the woods and look forward to seeing them in the winners circle.. Good luck..

Old Post 03-15-2010 11:48 AM
ramiller59 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ramiller59 Click here to Send ramiller59 a Private Message Click Here to Email ramiller59 Find more posts by ramiller59 Add ramiller59 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
okreds
UKC Forum Member

B P & Vs Ok Red Twister

We called him little Twister. His Dam was Meltons Little Girl. Meltons Little Girl was from Fireball III Big John and Meltons Red Dolly. Fireball III Big John was from Meltons My Dog Fireball and Bachelders Red Ivy. So, yes, Little Twister was double bred Fireball, top and Bottom. Fireball appears three times in Meltons Little Girls Ped.

Eddie Terry has the Rock dog who is out of B P & Vs Ok Red Twister and a Coffman bred female. The Rock dog was started here at our home but was too hard a hunting dog for this old Man. When you turn him loose, he goes hunting. We had a little problem getting him broke off possums but other than that, he is a coondog. Good strike, open on track, and very accurate tree dog. Some might consider it a fault, but when turned loose, the next time you see him, he will be treed. He will strike close if coons are moving close, but will go till he finds a coon otherwise. He is a very fast track driver, cuts and slashes on the run, moving a track. As Eddie said, he has semen stored on Rock as well as B P & Vs Ok Red Twister

Yes, the Stone dog has some wins toward Grand. I don't know how many. He is an very good hound and will Grand out, maybe this year. Jeff is a hard hunter and good handler. The only thing that might stop him would be his family or his business, they come first with him.

If we can be of any further help, just ask.

" Why is it that our children can't read the Bible in school, but they can in prison? "

Old Post 03-15-2010 03:09 PM
okreds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for okreds Click here to Send okreds a Private Message Click Here to Email okreds Visit okreds's homepage! Find more posts by okreds Add okreds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote